GU40: Gadgets Advanced Mechanic

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Katnikov, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkagamiNoShanks New Player

Gadgets Dps Revamp Awasome !
    • Like x 7
  2. Beta Cell New Player

I wont be able to get to the test server until the weekend.

Does any one know if stealth actually hides you from agro again?
    After weapon mastery and the removal of stealth buffs from the weapon tree bonuses, adds have been able to see through stealth even in open world PVE.

From the sound of it, these buffs make stealth useful as a stance to get buffs and activate power interactions but do nothing to help you remain undetected.
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I think they NPC's are still lock on to you on stealth on live like you said.

I just logged since no one was really on to test. Will try again later.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Real talk, change the name of the power trees. What tricks are left in the tricks tree? clown box is gone. Gag glove is gone. The bomb is gone. Change it to tech or something. Or Dark Tech : P
    • Like x 8
  5. Ivy Bird Committed Player

Quick vid I did to show off some of the new effects.

• Like x 7
  6. CaZaNoVa New Player

The damage may not be broken. Do you have to new white mods in your gear already, by any chance?
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

Question: does it make sense to even bother with weapon attacks now or should we just spam pi/distract rotation?
  8. AkagamiNoShanks New Player

Better Range Rotation ! .. gg
    • Like x 1
  9. xkillarxpantex New Player

If i´m not 1st on scoreboard Raids,we need another Revamp,ok?
    Can´t wait to get home...
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

After looking at Battle Display, you really don't even need it in a damage loadout. All it does is reduce power costs but how many DPS only players who obsess over the scorecard will really care to use it? Unless of course they're team players. Would've been neat if it boosted damage stats or something.

There's just so many powers to through in the loadout that it's just a last resort. The animation is still really cool though.

Stealth then EMP or Dart is ok. I only see myself using it if I was to cycle Distract and Stealth in there with 3 PIs then EMP or Dart. Return to Stealth was useful finally. Just timing when I was taken out of stealth by a power or NPC then Dart/Emp also worked. There were times when I could get Dart's extra damage from my Stealth loadout after I was taken out of stealth. Most of the time it was EMP or Dart on my normal loadout when i was out of stealth.

Fear Gas by it doesn't produce a PI that boosts EMP or Dart. Cfoam>Stasis Field> Fear Gas didn't get any boosted damage.
    Not unless GG then FG happened because FG produces burning on electrified. Maybe it should be noted in the description that Burning, Electrified, Crushing, Dazed and Frostbitten only boost it. Not Panic which is what Fear Gas does. Maybe it's there but I didn't see it in that description.

Speaking of Fear Gas, it's description says it shoots out a cone. That needs to be updated since it's a 360 AoE DoT like Gravity Well now.

I also noticed that regardless of whether EMP was used on a electrified target while doing the 3 PIs, stealth or Distract, OR Dart on dazed targets with 3 PIs, stealth, or Distract, the damage range was the same. So EMP dealing extra damage on electrified targets and Dart's extra damage on dazed targets only happens when they are used independently. Like Sticky Bomb then Dart.

I do like how Gadgets still has the options route. Where you can choose different powers but they require specific PIs for damage.
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

1) There's a bug from coming out of stealth if you do either EMP or Dart too fast and you won't get the damage tick at all. Will post video to show the bug:

Stealth>come out of stealth>quickly do emp or dart and you will not get damage even if the animation for emp or dart happens

But if I go

Stealth>come out>wait a second>cast emp/dart and then I get the damage tick

2) There's another thing I want to bring up to see if it's intended:

It states you have to go distract>emp to get the boosted damage but you can also go from emp/clipped with distract and still get the boosted damage. The reason it works is because EMP has a delay to it and once distract hits instantly....the EMP will always come right after the distract hits. Just putting that out there incase it wasn't intended.
  12. Certainlogic New Player

All the other trol powers have a 50% group shield SC. Mental has Bastion. Quantum has Even Horizon. Hard Light has Group Shielding. They provide a powerful shield to all members of the group and restore a lot power.

Gadget troling is missing this essential power.

Can someone from the dev team please take a look and figure out a way to give Gadgets this essential trol SC power? Anesthetic is a useless SC. That one can be replaced with a 50% group shield SC.

Thanks.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

No shield SC for Gadgets. But try out the drone for a while. It's way better than you may think. I promise.
    • Like x 3
  14. kajutsu New Player

Please people(akagami) calm down on numbers announce.
    A 25k+ damage is possible after supply and trinket are used.
    Which can happen with WM and some other power. It's a rare situation in a raid(around 5 times)
    Don't talk about them to much otherwise will consider those damage as general situation and ask for a nerf.

So there is 3 way to use PD and EMP: PI, Stealth, Distract
    Seems those ways buffed PD/EMP at different level: It's perfect(as distract is used less often and don't do dmg while PI need power that do DMG-->balance). Deeper test need to be done in order to know if those buff stack or if only the higher buff is apply.

-Distract should still apply is buff to PD/EMP even is used after them(by clipping).
    Gadget need to keep is fast pace gameplay: PD/EMP clipped by distract is more FUN than distract then PD/EMP.
    I DON'T CONSIDER it overpowered but if devs consider so, i would prefer them to reduce distract buff than not alowing this clipping possibility.

-PI : Gauss grenade then Cryo-foam apply 3PI(elek, burn, frostbite) but it's only 2 power. As i didn't have time to test it, does it affect PD/EMP or do we need to cast 3 powers to apply buff?
    Does anyone tried to use consumable to apply buff? Shouldn't work but need to be tested
    • Like x 3
  15. kajutsu New Player

In order to confirm what i said(1st paragraph) concerning big number coming after trinket and Supply drop
    at 20sec: no advantage of WM, no crit and no buff(trinket,...) = 6k+ which is normal
    at 43sec: supply drop + trinket + crit = 29k+
    • Like x 1
  16. fkeidjn Level 30

Agreed, because we all know what happens after that: the pvp'ers will start complaining that they keep getting one-shotted by emp and start complaining, whining that it's too OP, crying "NERF!"

and then watch what ends up happening to gadgets altogether: gadgets dps ends up getting nerfed to the ground, becoming totally useless in pve... another case of pvp'ers ruining the pve part of the game... i liked that photon blast before the nerf too...
    • Like x 2
  17. Certainlogic New Player

I've used that SC drone. Not as good as a group shield SC. The group shield SC can provide decent protection for a short while and power. If the tank should go down for any reason, that SC drone isn't going to be good for anything. The group shield SC on the other hand will provide a nice shield and power for. So that the group can pick up the tank and survive.

During Survival Mode, that group shield SC is amazing. Lockdown raid isn't anywhere near as hard. But a group shield SC will be great in there. Especially if you have a few peeps that need to get used to the teamwork in there. You can get 2 good recoverable screw ups or 4 depending on what powered trols you have.
  18. Certainlogic New Player

Completely agree with you on that. Those pvp whiners will complain and whine like till another power gets screwed. Like how Sorcery got those nerfs after nerfs. I hope the devs don't listen to those pvp whiners again. Especially after all these changes they are making.
    • Like x 2
  19. kajutsu New Player

For critical situation(as tank dying), gadget troller have Holographic Decoy. It can be used more often than a SC.
    Troller side of Gadget don't need any change in my opinion. And lack of diversity between power is not good. it's better If all power have differente possiblity to manage same danger
    • Like x 4
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

uote="Certainlogic, post: 2762147, member: 312536"]I've used that SC drone. Not as good as a group shield SC. The group shield SC can provide decent protection for a short while and power. If the tank should go down for any reason, that SC drone isn't going to be good for anything. The group shield SC on the other hand will provide a nice shield and power for. So that the group can pick up the tank and survive.

During Survival Mode, that group shield SC is amazing. Lockdown raid isn't anywhere near as hard. But a group shield SC will be great in there. Especially if you have a few peeps that need to get used to the teamwork in there. You can get 2 good recoverable screw ups or 4 depending on what powered trols you have.[/quote]

I'm completely aware of what usage a group shield has and can have. I used to play with them since when bastion was merely more than a group shield. I u derstand your opinion and point of view, but I'll stay with the drone. Having the drone up ensures less situations where the controller SC shields needs to be used for power rather than protection. And when they are needed I have my other trollin' bro throwing it while I speedy-sneak in stealth to the k.o.'ed team members :)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.