Broken Fire Tank

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Koolandria, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Koolandria New Player

I have this fire tank in my league for years now and he just CANNOT Tank.Ads walk passed Him .He uses way too much power because he says it heals him.The tells me its like 1,600 @ hal a power bar. He says he has a hard time with aggro and uses a Cake to regain.He claims its the best aggro grabber. We have never picked him up in a raid cause we dont trust him to do his job. Hes got to be missing something or doing the old way idk. Can any shed some light on some fire tanking. Ive Been all the powers and mainly Dps and or heal. W 6000 resto in alerts he still uses these moves cause they give him healing.But i can heal him for 9000 on a crit. He also says he doesnt have time to Block !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna help this guy hes fully geared modded w about 160 SP
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Hmm using the cake trinket to tank. Can't believe I never thought of that, who could resist the taste? You'd definitely be getting all the enemies attention.
    • Like x 3
  3. Koolandria New Player

yea its pretty funny it kinda works but not really
  4. RlVER Well-Known Player

He needs to use more DOT's.

My FT loadout is as follows:

Tank

Backdraft.
    Low Pressure.
    Overheat.
    Stoke Flames.
    Consume Objects.
    Burning Determination.

I use no constant rotation, most of the powers are situational. The key is to just hit a power at least every 7 sec to keep your health buffed.
    By situational I mean there are certain powers to be used in certain circumstances. Using Burning Determination and Consume Objects to provide immunities to the group.
    You also have two pulls in your loadout. Low Pressure and Backdraft. Use Low Pressure for long range pulls, and Backdraft for a 360 deg pull to keep mobs tight for AOE attacks. Backdraft can be clipped with either of the immunity powers or Stoke Flames.
    Stoke Flames is your best heal so it is good to hit as much as possible when the **** hits the fan.

I will typically start a fight with:
    Overheat>Low Pressure>Backdraft(clipped with Stoke Flames)>Block>Count to 3>Overheat>Backdraft(clipped with immune)
    All the while looking for different times the group needs immunities (enemy pulls, wing armor spins, etc...) For example saving your Burning Determination for right before the pull by Luthor in the Buff Room of Nexus, is a great aid to the group as no one will be pulled to the boss as he buffs himself.

Hope this helps!
    • Like x 2
  5. Koolandria New Player

printing to take home to him now thanks
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Dots do NOT maintain threat
    • Like x 6
  7. Pew New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Toxiic Committed Player

Because DoTs solve everything. :rolleyes:
  9. Scott Zyur New Player

Oh dear lord please do not give the advice River is passing on to you. Here is some real fire tank advice.

First, he needs to absolutely know how fire tanking works. When using a power you gain an extra 60% health and an additional 2.2 health for every point of dominance. Healing received is also increased by 80% making healers more effective which is great since fire is the most dependent on a healer for support.

Now power points. My loadout is as follows:

Enflame / Backdraft / Burning Determination / Burnout / Low Pressure / Stoke Flames

With the few extra Power points i have i grab the crit heal chance, crit heal mag and either the health or dominance. If you dont get a supercharge i think you can get all 4 of those iconics.

Enflame keeps things burning and lets you know when your health buff has expired if you are only using powers sparingly to maintain threat and conserve power. This shouldnt happen often but lets move on.

Backdraft pulls everything in 360 degrees around you and will heal you as long as at least 1 target is burning. This power is also usable while controlled

Burning Det will heal you after a target hits you. Pretty effective when tanking groups of adds though it has a bit of a cooldown. Also provides immunity to you and your teammates and is usable while countered. If you PvP this will also cleanse you of any debuffs.

Burnout will give you a burst heal, provide immunity to you and your team and can be used as a breakout.

Low Pressure is your longer range pull though it has issues if something is directly in front of you or the target when you try to pull it.

Stoke Flames will give you a nice HoT that lasts 8 seconds with a 12 second CD. You can almost have this up full time though as a level 16 power it has a high cost. If i remember right this is also usable while controlled or countered. Could be wrong though.

Blocking: Fire tanks HAVE TO BLOCK. Your comrade saying he doesnt have time is utter crap and extremely detrimental to the team. If a fire tank is good at getting the blue immunity from counters they can afford to block less but that immunity only lasts for 2 seconds so you need to know when you can attack and when you have to go back to blocking. If he is running lower tier content then sure whatever, but at tier raid bosses and groups of adds hit too hard to not be blocking.

SP and gear mods:

I spec into all the crit heal chance and crit heal magnitude. No this doesnt affect heals from the healer but if the healer goes down and you dont have that SP in those stats your survivability is almost non existent. This is also beneficial for alert runs with no healer. After that i get the Tier 3 Dom / health from my WM trees and anything leftover goes into the T1 health and T1 dom innates.

For gear mods i put Dom / health into every piece except for the chest. In the chest piece i put resto and health (only because it has a dominance affinity bonus) Every other piece should be dom/ health mix because the combined mixture will give you greater health when using a power opposed to just a health mod or dom mod.

Hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.
    • Like x 6
  10. Koolandria New Player

Now thats what im talking about. his got thrown away. Thanks for the help rivers but this is what i needed for sure. I just didnt want to kick a loyal leaguer for his inability to tank the best. Hes got some work now(i have to spec in to 4 armories w different SP and powers healer pvp and styles it suckssssss)
  11. TheRealDeathern New Player

Scott seems to have a pretty good grasp of fire tanking. Here are a few alternate suggestions:

Fireball can be used in place of low pressure if he elects, although it is only a TAUNT, not a full pull (there is a difference)...

I have been running the super charge (50% now), it comes in handy if/when the heal goes down. Basically it grants a God Mode for about 15 seconds, where self heals are incredible...this should buy the group (and tank) enough time for someone to pick up the healer...

Oh, and right now, there is a problem with aggro for fire... this could be some of the reason your friend is having trouble.
  12. Koolandria New Player

yea i keep seeing that but him as a fire tank for years he shouldve known his power is acting up. day 1 celest as soon as they slowed it down i switched.I was like somethings not right. its started to cause issues with other league mates and we like to help each other not kick. But at the rate he was tanking NOBODY wanted him in any alerts. He just doesnt know hes doing it wrong i guess. ill take these to him and lay it down nice and thick
  13. UltimateSupremeBeing New Player

I agree with "scott-zyur".

My Fire TANK LOADOUT is the following:

Backdraft - Local Pull
    Burning Determination - Burning/ 3 Heals / Control Breakout
    Stoke Flames - Heals Over Time
    Burnout - Control Breakout / Small Heal
    Low Pressure - Distance Multiple Pull
    Eternal Flame - "Oh Crap" healers down button. LOL

Plus on my "Utility Belt" have:

Control Resistance Trinket - Back up, so that NO Boss can keep you down. lol
    Personal Dampening Field VI - I use this before using a Soder to get the full effect of the soda. Which using this is a last resort.
    Side Kick - Great for supplying you power, if Controller is out.
    Supply Drop - This is to support the Group.

I love FIRE TANKING!!! Hope this is good info for some.
  14. Koolandria New Player

i know he was using inferno and fiery weapon as tank i knew there was something wrong. LOL you shouldve seen it. He walked up to adds they walk right passed him. He pull them back now hes outa power. so i would heal him . 6k resto. He still spamming powers like its the only thing keeping him alive. And saying this is how to do it and if i block my health goes way down. On the inside i was crying from laughter.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheRealDeathern New Player

Sounds like he truly is trying to dps in tank stance... there are better tank powers for this (see rage), although none will be power friendly.
    • Like x 1
  16. Koolandria New Player

He thought that was the best way to tank dots for aggro and fiery for heals. Luckily everyone else is cr106 so it really wasnt a big deal but wow.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

So instead of helping out your leaguemate, you let him fail you all? Sounds like you would benefit letting this tank go find somewhere to actually get help tanking :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  18. RlVER Well-Known Player

So let me get this straight, you add some more detail, bash my advice, then offer up a nearly identical loadout? I love fire cause there are several different ways to go about it. But do you really need to bash my advice that I posted really quick just to help out? Is that even necessary? If you disagree with my approach that is fine, but there is no need to try an call me out BY NAME! for having a different take on it........smh no wonder everyone thinks the forums are full of DBAGS
    • Like x 2
  19. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

in all fairness, u recommended using consume objects. Kinda hard when that got replaced by Overheat a while ago
    • Like x 3
  20. RlVER Well-Known Player

Nice catch that was supposed to be "Burnout" but I apparently had a brain fart .
    • Like x 1