Suggestions that would make DCUO a top MMO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rebornthunder, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I kinda hafta agree with this one. When they can't fix things like the MoT cap in less than a month and the new UI/HUD that was supposed to come out w/ the PS4 is almost a year late there is a problem. At my company if we weren't able to give out customers what we offered them for a month to a year people would be fired. Just sayin :oops:
    • Like x 1
  2. Spacedude2 New Player

To be able to solo every map without the need to be a part of a team. I enjoy the world, not the much of the people. I play heroes and villians and have built of long list of griefers that I would rather not team up with.
  3. Pew New Player

Legends and Arena MOBA map.
    Hero vs Villain competetive side by side raids.
    Conquerable parts of gotham/metro.

[IMG]
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Upgrade to the new unreal engine and release DCUO 2
    - PC and PS4 players on the same servers
    - Ditch the Test server and actually test your own game, we report 90% of what is wrong with this game instead of the other way around like it should be for a legit company. (People on the test server are either: 1) biased, 2) hoping to exploit something 3) unqualified to do the testing 4) ignored when they actually report something)
    - Implement a true pvp ladder system and bring back the fun in pvp in general
    - Raids should continue to escalate, when an update is released there should be 3 raids, an easy one, a medium one, and a pretty hard one, that way there is content for everyone to enjoy and progress through.
    - The controller role needs to be looked at once and for all and decide what the plan is for this role long term

I have more ideas but this would turn into an essay if you list everything
    • Like x 2
  5. Jamie New Player

Scrap the game and rebuilt it from the ground up. There are way too many issues that won't get fixed unless the dev's are forced to start all over.
    • Like x 1
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

DCUO is a top console MMO, in my books. It is unfair to compare it to PC MMOs.
  7. Fools Fire Loyal Player

My post from several months ago...

----
    Because of Origin Crisis, there is a rift inside your Lair. When you activate, you go to a parallel universe. Your lair and character are exactly the same. Except for one thing. If you're a hero, you now have holographic devil horns, if you're a villain, a holographic halo.

You now are the opposite faction. When leaving your lair you are a new hero/villain with all the journal missions a new member would have. You would get no feats, just the experience of doing extra, new stories.

This would also mean you could do duos/alerts/raids right along your new brothers and sisters. As well as buying styles and mix and match between hero/villain sets.
    -----
    • Like x 3
  8. xXxARMAGEDD0NxXx Well-Known Player

It already is a top mmo so I don't get this thread if its not one to you then why are you here they are not going to cater to your every little complaint...smh
  9. Tule New Player

So.. it competes with.. like 3 games? And even then it isn't a better MMO than XIV or XI. Not based on what an MMO is.
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

It's a PS3 console game before it's an MMO, in that context it's a spectacular accomplishment with the resources available. It's built around one of the most entertaining fictional universes in pop-culture. The DCU will always be popular - in movies, games and any medium

What will make DCUO a better MMO? - Who cares if fits a particular genre label...
    It's fun to play and addictive. It will remain this way for new players and some veterans. The future on DCUO depends on H1Z1 and Planetside2 for PS4. Once the revenue from those games in rolling into SoEs accounts and DCUO is no longer a flagship game SoE can look towards DCUO 2.0. The game needs to evolve it it is going to compete in PS4's year 3 and beyond environment. Personally, I would rather DCUO be even less like traditional MMOs than it already is.
  11. Tule New Player

Yeah, its a good game. But not really that good of an MMO. And when you put it in the even smaller category of console MMO's...

I would say it competes with.. PSO2? Diablo 3? FFXI/V? Are there any more? Things like Dust are even less MMOish than DC.
  12. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Teleport movement power.
    • Like x 1
  13. Quanflux New Player

If this is a just a "console game" then this is the most expensive console game ever lol. This maybe a console game but it is a MMO first, if anything purely because of the fact that they expect you to consistently pay money to access the newest releases, no other "console" game does that. There is a tank, dps and healer in this game as well as raids and a gearing process as well, this is a MMO, and lets be honest here, the console argument for as long winded and used up as it is, does not explain why Final Fantasy can do what they do but DC cannot do the same, other then the fact of money and well money.

But you are right, the DCU IP requires no explanation for how esteemed it is, fact of the matter is that this game had one of the BIGGEST hypes leading up to its release, and it has been developmental error and SOE lack of monetary investment in this game that has lead up to the single server state of the game that it is in now. I'm not putting the state of the game on the Dev's although I do know that there are certain individuals that use to work for this game that caused irrevocable damage, but the point I'm trying to is that this is a MMO and it was suppose to be a top slated MMO, but SOE dropped the ball and ever since the 1 month hack, SOE has just been dribbling it but they are not scoring.

You know whats kinda funny is that your saying that this is not a MMO, and your also stating how incredibly popular this IP is, and then your stating that their working on a DCUO 2.0 ? You really think if you were DC, and they reviewed how well this MMO panned out, going 8 servers to 1 server, from being all sub to mostly all F2P with a fairly broken system at that, that they would renew this license ?

Fact is that a DC MMO with all the bells and whistles of a real MMO could kill WoW, I mean Marvel or DC, either or, but this game can't, cause the actual MMO players that gave this game a chance, back when this game had like 6-8 million players and yes at the very very beginning of this game it was flourishing that much, most of them left.... and now its just left with veterans too addicted to leave or too lazy to start in a new MMO and casual players who just pick this game up and puts it right back down.
  14. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Drop the Play Station and make it a PC game. That way they could have real chat, better (improving graphics), and more details in character designs.

We all know that the reason this game is limited is because of limitations of the PS3. Drop Play Station, and this game could really improve.
    • Like x 1
  15. DC-Doll New Player

I'd just like to click on the "Play DCUO" link on my pc or playstation and know for sure it's going to let me ummm I don't know. "PLAY DCUO" That's a start. I'll be satisfied with that.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm playing a PC game on my PC, and I shouldn't compare it to other PC games? That's completely unreasonable. If this wasn't a PC game, it would be reasonable to not compare it to other PC games.

But it is a PC game.

(How many books do you have, anyway?)
  17. realTREDD New Player

ewe.
    trash
    trash trash
    reaction time is what sets this game apart, if your reflexes cant handle live action this game is not for you grampa.
  18. rival exe New Player

I liked that episode but I don't want my character to be 8 I want it to be a lego. :(
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

20. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Roll back PvP to pre Last Laugh
    • Like x 1