Healers its happening again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tazzaxe, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

This is not a rant, its an observation.

While playing my healer in the new T6a's. I have been asked to change from Healer to DPS by the Tank. Since I have a DPS armory it doesnt bother me. I can change and change back for the boss as needed. Has anyone else been getting these requests? I've been tempted to ask the Tank to switch to DPS instead.
    • Like x 15
  2. Koolandria New Player

tell him you dont do alerts with tanks and vote to kick lol.
    • Like x 14
  3. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

No Kool, after spending time in TD I dont disagree with No heals runs or no Tank runs. No matter what the group they want more dps to shorten the time it takes to earn their marks. There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying "It has begun!"
    • Like x 1
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

It has not begun for me. I have no problem getting in groups as a heal and have never been asked to switch. Guess I'm lucky :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Robot New Player

The nature of pick ups and one shots is what lead to this.

Healers aren't as important as they should be.

A remedy would be if the only class that could pick up others would be a healer through using something like a resurrection spell or whatever.
    • Like x 7
  6. Blue Spectrex New Player

I've already noticed some groups shouting for no healer runs of the new content in LFG. It hasn't caught on yet, but I fear it may.
    • Like x 2
  7. Pew New Player

Heals are superfluous and should never be talked to or given attention.
    Unless I'm low on hp then i love them for a second or three and they better do their job or else...
    • Like x 4
  8. The 13ht Doctor New Player

I've only seen 'no tank' runs for Security Breach. We need the healer.
    • Like x 1
  9. Notangie New Player

I've stopped playing, now I just watch my husband play. Some healers he has grouped with were so bad that the role less buff would have been better than those healers. I could see why it has become a trend to exploit the buff instead of letting a healer in the group.
    • Like x 5
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I wish healers could pick up through some power instead of having to hit the cog. It would make life so much easier for groups not to have to pick people up who are in an AOE DOT that interrupts the pickup and also wipes members of the group. I also hate that we can be stunned in one of those AOE DOTs so we have to breakout before we can roll out of it. So many issues with getting KO'd in this game and not always being able to avoid it or pick people up who were unable to avoid it.
    • Like x 5
  11. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

We do it only if theres no healer available but its rough when we do it, the only thing on LFG villain side are people looking for trolls lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Actually I think the role less buff was a detriment to Healers, but I've always kept in mind that Tanks got the short end for a very long time.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

When did it ever go back?

The devs continue to up and up the restoration of healer gear to the extent that single healing is still possible in raids. With the 4man content, a healer is nice to have as there are spike damage with at level gear, but really only good for the last bosses of both.

For the most part, talk to them early. You might be surprised that they are okay with it. If they don't like it, kindly bow out and form another group.
    • Like x 2
  14. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

In my own opinion I feel I'm a very good healer. It has been requested by 2 different tanks in 2 days.
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I guess its the healers turn to know how it feels.

- Signed long term tank players.
    • Like x 16
  16. Koolandria New Player

i was joking a lil i dont mind it either. It help people survive on their own 2 feet side supply drops cola supercharges it getting other dps better at blocking when needed and being able to take stuns in their rotations( if running with healer) our healer just heal tanks it for us anyway. But i do feel as an alert is some any group of people should be able to accomplish.4 dps 4 trolls(OMG) but not have to be 1111 setup. Thats why any can que up.IMO
  17. Deranya Dedicated Player

LF healer with dps gear for ...

It hasn't started again, it is still going on. I am a healer and because of this I had no real joy working on my healer gear, as to why my gear was till now AnB stuff. I played DPS and only collected the green loot for it, not worth the work if I can't play the role that I want to play. But that was cool in league, cause at the time we needed tanks and trolls, so I made both.

Now, for the raids, I get more PM's I can reply to, if I wanted to. I go with those that have always wanted me to heal or that don't expect miracles.
    • Like x 6
  18. winter13 New Player

Yes, it is happening already. I switch between heal and dps depending on what we are running, and who the boss is. Being able to play both roles is a huge advantage in the new content. In Lockdown yesterday, I said "hey - can the sorc or nature dps go switch to healer if I go down?". I always like to have a backup just in case. The response... *crickets*

Then finally one of the dps said "ughh...I don't have healer gear. Ask the other guy". I think it's important to be able to play both roles, because sometimes that makes all the difference in the new DLC.
    • Like x 6
  19. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Bumble although my dps falls short, and it's improving it isnt my first priority on my main. For some though, They just want to pure heal, and in less than a month? Those healers are gonna be outta luck again. This goes again with those high hp boss's, they're going to want more dps to speed things up and I cant blame them.
  20. TheRealDeathern New Player

If they would just do away with the role less buff, then everyone could play their role, and everyone would be needed.
    • Like x 2