Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, FB sets up level 3 Volatility, but does it do damage before that happens? After? Same time? I'm not sure, TBH. You could check FB before and after setting up Volatility with FC. Of course, that's not to say anyone would use FB primarily as a damaging ability, but would be good to know.
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I'll be doing an update the front page at some point. I haven't been comfortable enough to do it yet. When I did this originally I knew fire like the back of my hand as well as the application to current content. I haven't gotten to that point yet. Ask questions here in the current pages so you can get answers from everyone.
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I did notice the increase to FC hits during live application of the t6 operation, my gear sucks but they would start at 300 - 400 crits and deep into the rotation on the boss i saw a hit of 900+
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I did tank one of the raids, don't know which one.

Fire should see no issues that I could tell. Use the same tricks you should of learned from Nexus and apply them here.

Backdraft clipped with either Burnout/Stoke/Burning Det should be used almost every time you come out of block

One thing I do need to look at is spending tier 3 points into resto as apposed to getting down more trees to get the dom/health combo
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I actually tried tanking the two raids with my fire alt. mostly cr 90gear and no utility belt. Had no problem tanking those two raids. Haven't tried lock down yet.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

The little baby change they made to stoke flames makes a world of difference to me. Fire tanking is what it is, but it certainly can handle anything.
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

Running all of the new raids last night, fire is way too much fun to tank with. The slight adjustment to stoke and burning det have helped considerably.

The only thing I can see that needs to be done is adjusting the self heals, specifically burst heals on the front end of stoke and burning det. Just a slight bump to the first initial cast on those heals will counteract the damage you can potentially take while coming out of block to cast the powers. It could also help in the perceived notion that fire is skill point dependent more so then the other tank powers.

Other than that, fire is looking spectacular on both sides of the ball.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Thank you for all the advice on using the AM. Here's what I've been doing...

Fiery Weapon - Inferno - Spontaneous - Overheat - Mass Det - Flame Cascade

Raid Rotation: Mass Det -> WM/Inferno/Fiery -> WM/Spon -> 3x FC -> Mass Det -> Wm/Overheat

Here's my problem: Overheat really seems clunky and throws me off. I'm thinking of changing it to Wildfire. This means all my stuff is burning and doesn't rely on Immolation. Also, in other content I can spam Spon and Wildfire a lot easier.

I know Overheat gives a better punch. But by not using it I have 2 power points that give me the extra Cit/Damage innates.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

I love Wildfire. Inferno is great, but the cooldown is too long. I like having Wildfire available.
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

For me, WildFire is the ranged version of enflame in the ways I use it
  11. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

Great thread guys, I have a question.

I just switched to fire and I'd like a clarification on if the loadout I'm using is effective.

DW WM.

Inferno clip FW, WM SC, WM SC then hit Cascade to keep the PI up, WM SC, WM Inferno FW rinse repeat.

I'm still trying to get a handle on how the volatility works, and obviously I want to max out on the damage potential.

I've also seen some monster hits with volcaic calamity. The most damage I've seen overall on a single target after its done has been a cumulative 25k
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

As far as we know volatility lasts 6 seconds, can be refreshed with FC or FB. The only powers that do more damage to targets with volatility are FC and Mass Det.

Correction MD also refreshes the volatility timer
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Mass Detonation also refresh the volatility.
    Unless you were trying to say that it can be applied with FC or FB.
  14. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

So how does fire do in lock down as a tank? I know there's a moment when tank gets swarmed by ads and i was wondering does health go down dramatically. I know in the alert, if i'm not careful, when i'm fighting ads and don't block my bar drops a lot.... DPS side of fire is awesome though. I was earth before and with the might increase, i was happy to see my striking stones hitting 3k+ instead of the low 2900s and the random 2400, but then i went fire... Spontaneous combustion hits 4800 avg with same stats lol. I know fiery weapon buffs your might but stil...
    Also what should i spec into as a fire tank? Right now, i'm at 12.3k health, 2982k resto, 10.4k defense, and 2440 dom currently. Still only 92/90 geared tank. I don't reset raids and only really got marks as drops sadly.
  15. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

I successfully tanked Lockdown 2 nights ago as Fire. It was my first attempt, but it went pretty well. Concerning the add groups, they do hit hard, but if you choose your moments to come out of block, you should be alright. If you're concerned, stick to powers that have the shortest animations to go back into block i.e. Stoke Flames, Burning Determination, Burnout, etc. The main thing is that you will be block broken. I don't know if certain adds block break more than others. The first boss (idk if it's same on hero side) block breaks a lot. After he starts lunging people, most of the time when he re-aggros on you he will block break you from range too.

I was being solo healed the whole raid as well. First by a Sorcery with ~5k resto, and also by an Elec with over 6k resto. Both were keeping me up decently.

Your stats are better than mine were (are). For mods, you can go Dom/Health in everything, but I still don't mind getting the affinities in the Yellows and Reds (moreso the yellows), because I only sacrifice a small amount of health for a larger amount of Resto/Prec. Either way works.

For SP,I only spec into WM for one or two melee combos, picking up whatever relevant stats along the way. Prioritize Dominance and Health, but Crit Heals, Resto, or Defense aren't bad to grab when Dom or Health aren't present. Of course, you want to grab the bottom tier Dom/Health points. If I have less than 24 SP after finishing a particular tree, then I'll take as many bottom tier Resto points as I can. But if I had 24 or just over, I would want to spec out another bottom tier Dom/Health instead.
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

its easy. this isnt nexus or dox when OC hit. since we arent getting hit with multiple high damage hits rapidly, all tanks should have it a ton easier than before.

as for finishing it, only tried twice with my league and we got the damn laser both times..... itll be done soon though.
  17. Gamma New Player

So AM is inferior to WM... Somebody please tell me im wrong:(. I switched out a couple precision mods for might mods to try out AM. i ended up doing 1mill+ less damage than my WM loadout. I was gonna go full might spec but right now im afraid to invest anymore full recovery kits:(. Since non of my friends use AM so hopefully i can find someone on here that can give me some advice:) .

My WM loadout: SC, RS, Volcanic Calamity, neo-venom, FW, inferno.

AM loadout i tried: Meteor, absorb heat, mass det, inferno, fiery weapon, fire burst.

For AM all i did was: inferno/FW>absorb/jump>FB>MD x2>FB MDx2> repeat.

Maybe it's just my rotation, i don't know how creative you can be with AM, but if you are a AM wizard please enlighten me:). I've also tried using a hybrid loadout (Having SC,FB,MD) before the dlc update in the Amazon t6 alert, the results were the same, 1mill less damage than the pure WM loadout.:oops:
  18. TheThud New Player

Your not wrong. However, the new gear is leaning towards more might which I think is the devs way of nerfing WM. When your full cr94 gear, then try the AM
  19. BOXIE Well-Known Player

Welcome back. And hope you stick around long enough so we can one day raid together. You ever need a dps/tank hit me bro. Be safe and again welcome back brother.
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

The AM is close you just have to work a lot harder to make it that way. I am still trying to theory craft how I would do it.

My thoughts so far are kind of like this. Only do AM build on the final bosses as they actually have enough health to justify the long setup.

Considering spamming Mass Det isnt going to keep up with WM we have to think about how to use it to our advantage without needing to spam it every 6 seconds.
    - The end game goal here would be never dropping 60% damage lock, keep burning up at all times, keep volatility to level 3 at all times

My theory crafting so far is
    Mass Det (Refresh everything for 6 seconds) > WM > Spont > FC (Refresh everything for 6 seconds) [Roughly 16 seconds left on 60% mod]
    Next we need to weave in Inferno and Overheat to get our dots rolling at 60% mod
    - So I am thinking something like SF{HB} or Charged Double{DW} /Inferno/FW then back to WM > Spont > FC (Refresh everything for 6 seconds) > SF or Charged Double/Overheat > SF or Charged Double > Mass Det (Refresh everything for 6 seconds) [Start the clock on the 60% mod again]

This way you have FC and Mass Det hitting for max damage on volatility and 60% damage bonus. Spont is hitting with WM bonus and 60%. Dots are rolling at 60%

Let me know what you guys think. Obviously this would take a lot of training to weave in and out of WM combos and old school weapon combo power clipping.
    • Like x 3