Lockdown vs the other 2 raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gucciana, Aug 9, 2014.

1. sterl320 New Player

Thank you. I got real close last night, but after wiping when we got to the end, i was tired lol. I had the ice artifact, which one did you have?
  2. Delta795 New Player

Cmon you know better than this...The use of replays was MOST DEFINITELY used in the equation & simple common sense would tell you that. Sure the Devs heard us about more challenging content and made Lockdown, but the other side is a business.

It's the path of least resistance and they as a business understand that people want to gear up quickly. What's faster...running lockdown
    or artifacts 1x for marks or gear or resetting Necro 4x for the same reward with much greater chance of success?
  3. X-zero Loyal Player

They claimed they were adding normal raids like pre T5 raids. And harder raids like T5 raids pre nerfed for people who like a challenge. Most people didn't like original T5 raids so the normal raids will probably get a lot more play time. They tried to make everyone happy by having them drop the same gear at the same rate so you can just play the one you enjoy the most or the one you can do.

If you are one of the ones who enjoyed the increased difficulty you should replay Lockdown even if it does take longer and/or harder because they look at stats and if they see replay sales and player interest on normal raids are considerable higher then they may stop doing the hard raids all together.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ogat New Player

How about playing the game for fun and the challenge(however little it may be) it provides, crazy idea I know.
    • Like x 3
  5. Deepeess New Player

This, I will and do run Lockdown while locked just for the challenge, once we are geared up and
    know all the mechanics on it, it will faster than Necro,since I believe we could just burn the 2 bosses down at the same time
    (not sure if the mechanics allow for that tho,correct me if I'm wrong please.) making it take less than 15min,
    people are finishing in -40min(granted its not with the harderst artifac but still.) already and most don't even have 4pieces of 94 gear from the raids/vendor.

I and many other mainly asked for something challenging, even if that meant no reward(SM) or no special reward(lockdown, well theres a chance for neck of Op in there), and I'm happy with it even if I run it and get nothing but marks at the end,
    but that can and did happen to me in the other 2 raids aswell so I guess it just comes down to how luck you are.
  6. FuryX New Player

The other point on varying difficulty is the better players will get to run 3 raids a week for free.. if you or your group aren't so good you will replay the easiest raid with a pricetag. I'm ok with this.

I'm glad it helps make money for the game we enjoy. And its not pay to win.. gear won't make a mediocre player good.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If they made LD have guaranteed drops, a cry for nerfing LD will occur and the raid would be nerfed, so it's either same drops bettet challenge, or guaranteed drops no challenge. Imo I think the neck only in that raid is enough
    • Like x 2
  8. Archangel Rafael New Player

the loot system is designed to run raids once per week / month.

replay spammers have only themselves to blame.

loot tables are not random. they gather metrics about the players' play-habits and reward based on skinner principles to get you to keep playing.
  9. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

I think it would be better if the loot table for Lockdown was similar to PBG: only weapons and the OP item. Not that it matters that much, now that we can buy weapons in the vendor anyway.

Everyone is acting as if the gear from the raid is so über-super-extra-great compared to the vendor gear. It's not, the difference isn't high. I got an UB from the raids, the difference to the vendor UB is 2prec, 5might, 7vita, 3dom. That's it.
  10. Crn Well-Known Player

Necro should have be longer and harder.
  11. Chilog Well-Known Player

If they put a guaranteed drop if 94 gear each time lockdown was completed, people would be full 94 in 12 days or less and only have run lockdown to get that gear. They wouldn't have earned marks to buy the 94 gear. And once they were done and fully tiered they would complain that lockdown is too easy. Smh
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Just completed this today on the villain side. It's easy if the group working together and hitting the rifle and machine instead of trying to be top damage, but still got nothing but some damn marks.
    • Like x 1
  13. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

Whoops forgot to mention we got the laser beams
  14. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

Here's a vid of us beating the laser artifact. www.twitch.tv/kyzaxdcuo/c/4881547
  15. Zeikial Committed Player

Lock down is the only raid that drops the op ring nuff said
  16. Ice Lantern New Player

I have a very hard time believing this as anything but a blatant lie.
  17. Pew New Player

Arent we talking 15min raid vs 30min raid?

The difference is neglegible imo compared to the time it usually takes to get a group going.
    Also the difference between drop gear and vendor gear is so low that i dont get why wnyone would be bothered by having the lesser of the two.
  18. Delta795 New Player

Fixed it