DLC11: League Hall: Lockdown Raid - Official feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jun 24, 2014.

1. TheLoneLantern New Player

The Deadly Beam visual (sphere) when it appears should be made more apparent. Currently it's too translucent, and I would prefer it to have the same opacity as the actual beam that attacks the players. I don't play with the audio on so I can't give feedback on that, but I'm sure that there are deaf players that won't be able to rely on audio tells.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The portal issue happened on the very first attempt. Seven of us were standing in the room. One person was standing in the hallway. One of our guys advanced a little too far to the east and started the fight. The door went down and no entrance portal appeared for the guy in the hallway.

The explosion issue happened after the first wipe. I've seen it happen a couple of times in various groups.
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

I was the unofficial rifleman during our Lockdown raid. After watching Anhur's PoV (see below), it appears that the icon to pickup the rifle appears for him long before it does for me. As a reference, at 4:30ish in the video, I am seen standing on top of the rifle spamming Psychic Empowerment. I was doing this because I was waiting for the icon to appear so that I could pick it up and use it. However, on the video, Anhur is clearly able to see the icon. At 4:55ish, I died and specifically made the comment that it was ironic how I could now activate the rifle after I died. Almost 30 seconds after Anhur saw the icon pop up, did the icon pop up for me.

There is obviously a bug that the person grabbing the rifle can't pick it up in succession for atleast 25 seconds after everyone else can.

4. Lightws Dedicated Player

You can see the beams but regardless of that every artifact in lockdown follows the same path so shouldn't be a problem knowing where the beams are going to go.
  5. TLantern Developer

Hey LoneLantern, it sounds like what you're describing is the intended functionality. Once the rifle is used a cooldown is applied to that person. A strategy i would recommend would be to rotate between 2-3 people who use the rifle. Another thing to note is the message you get in the middle of your screen when the Rifle becomes available. In the video, about 1:35, Anhur gets a blue message that says the rifle is ready to use. If you are in the cooldown state i mentioned, you should see a red message that says the rifle is ready to use, but not by you.
    If you are never able to use the rifle, then that is a bug.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your feedback and video post! Those are fun to watch.
    • Like x 2
  6. blklightning New Player

Sorry, but this tactic is worth an... "Oooooooooh!"
    • Like x 1
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

I would like to push the inconsistent messaging on artifacts in general. It has been stated numerous times in past but no update yet.

1st: Artifact Lasers

They seems to be straight out of Krona. Take the model away from Krona and you have the lasers that you can see as one of the optional artifacts in the lockdown raid. However with that you made the messaging unclear. While Krona has a skull attack tell AND he does point in the direction where the laser will start rotating, in the lockdown raid the lasers appear and shot blind. I cannot tell which direction it will start to rotate cause it misses that said messaging. When can we expect a fix for this mechanic? I just remind of the inconsistent unforgiving punishment messaging of Paradox and how it turned out and how it was received by the community.

2nd: Double damage packages from lasers

Sometimes the laser hits you once but deals twice the damage package which means you die. You can block, you can have healer shield on you and block, nothing will help you instant die (and this was already in 94 gear).

Both things affect the laser artifact which is currently so out of whack that I cannot stress it enough to be looked at before going live. The other artifacts are all doable with teamwork and communication but this one is just gamble right now ;)

Cheers.
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

on chatbox u can see he was losing 35 cash a couple of time ,whats with that ? repair costs ?
  9. TLantern Developer

In another post specifically about the Deadly Beam, i said this:

"The Artifact creating this attack will pick 1 of 5 predetermined locations in the room to do this attack every 20-30 seconds. The point it chooses out of the 5 is random, but once you see the orb spawn it will attack very soon (this is your visual indicator). In each point it spawns, it will start the attack in the same direction every time but only for that point.
    We wanted to make this raid pretty tough, so although the damage is high it should be avoidable. I'm confidant that when you guys figure out the pattern it will be easier to avoid. "

Thread source: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/deadly-beam.212453/#post-2683657
    • Like x 1
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

Okay thanks didnt see that.

So is the starting direction of that point it spawn a fixed set or changes whenever you start a fresh raid? To give it a more consistent pattern I hoped more for a "laser points towards artifact and rotates from their clockwise 360°" this would give it a pattern that is readable but also requires the team to move as they cannnot stand blind around the artifact and have to position themself in a corner which narrows space and movement (which also means they have time to react on the laser itself as the orb spawn and the laser rotation start is nearly at the same time - 0,5 seconds? - compared to the orb artifact with AoE damage that has a good second delay to react). I just find the difference between laser artifact and the rest just like having a different tier of enemy to play against currently due to the inconsistent pattern.

Not thinking of league or premaded friend raids as those will overcome that issue in a week or two but more of pugs who basically will either end up calling for a nerf or find an exploit rather searching for that pattern.

Also the orb for the laser is a bit hard to see in the visual mess (aka powerset attacks). I can't recall right now if it was semi-transparent.

In general, the messaging became "watered down" (cant find the proper word here) as were the old T2 and T3 raids had clear messaging on attacks with hugh red text or skull attacks. I miss those messaging. It just tells you at least "look smth big is happening, be prepared or might die". Just a general observation while i was running through the other tiers the last weeks.

Just to say, these lasers are the only thing that making me up my mind of an overall good DLC (and the raid itself isnt bad designed actually, especially the stages restart after a wipe). :)
    • Like x 1
  11. TLantern Developer

Hey Elusian, thanks for the feedback, it's good stuff. All of the points are fixed and they won't change if you start a new raid, it's just which point it will go to that is random.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The laser artifact was being really evil tonight. I never heard any audio FX for the laser until after it starting firing. A couple of my teammates reporting hearing the firing audio FX when it wasn't firing. Trying to spot the laser spawning point using just the orange globe visual FX isn't very reliable. It is very easy to miss an orange globe in the chaos of the Kalibak/Mantis fight.
  13. true New Player

League halls lockdown
    During the first boss fight the Beserk Burrower reset.... Went back to full health
    When we got him down to 1/3 health...
    Then again when we got him just past half

USPC Villain
    8/10/2014 at 830 PST
    And yes this is the live server
    • Like x 3
  14. 5parcks Active Player

Seriously... can we get through ONE item of new content without issues? Is this asking too much? Pretty please...
    • Like x 1
  15. kajutsu New Player

BUG
    After a wipe at mantis and kalibak fight, 1 member of group used rifle(which was available before Mantis appear) to encage kalibak before Mantis arrived.
    Then Mantis never appeared.