PvE Currency and gear box on the Test server

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Berkud, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Berkud Active Player

If i use "PVE 106 CR Gear Box" on the damage role - i haven't full gear for that role.

And i can't got a MOF from PvE Currency.
    That problem have many players in this forum. The problem will be resolved? Or is it intentional?
  2. Berkud Active Player

So, anybody knows what's wrong?
  3. Crafty_Crafter Developer

The removal of Marks of Fury from the box is intentional, however the issue you're reporting with DPS gear is not, and I will look into that.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

when will we get MOP from the box, I can't make new toons because I don't have MOP marks to gear them up, and no one invites you to raid with 92 gear.
  5. Berkud Active Player

Yes please, if i use PvE Gear Box 106 cr. I can't got all gear items. I get only: Head, neck, trinket, mask and weapon. That only in Damage role, every other role can get full gear. Thanks for the answer
  6. Berkud Active Player

bug with Box's has fixed?
  7. exil3d! New Player

Nop!
  8. Ciphey Well-Known Player

How can we test if they won't let us test? They gave us MoF for vendor in last DLC... why not MoF+MoP in this DLC...? For Legendary It's not much of a perk if we can't test new content on it. Right now it's just like Live...
    • Like x 1
  9. Berkud Active Player

Ye, i need test powers types for my channel on Youtube, but i cant do that. It really interferes with
  10. Berkud Active Player

Bug has not fixed
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

i wont test anything if i dont have the marks to gear up , u want me to farm the marks like on live ? no thx
  12. Crafty_Crafter Developer

The Marks of Fury should have been added back for the time being, but there will probably be times where we remove them in the future for a duration.

As for why we have done and will do this, it's because PC Test is, well, a testing server and sometimes it is more beneficial for testing purposes to not have Marks of Fury or other types available on the vendor.

An example of this was with testing DLC 11 alerts. The feedback we received is that initially they were too easy. We investigated the issue and found that everyone who was playing the Alerts was completely decked out in the vendor gear. Players were logging in, grabbing a lot of Marks, and going to the vendors to buy the best gear available before playing the content. While I can understand that its a lot of fun to go grab the latest and greatest and mow down the content, it was detrimental from a testing and feedback standpoint. Having full level 94 vendor gear before ever running the Alert was not a valid representation of what we expected to happen when the DLC would go live.

So going forward, there will be times when the PvE or PvP currency boxes will not have the top mark available, but it should only be for a small duration while we accumulate testing feedback.

I hope this explains it, but if you have any other feedback/questions, ask away.
    • Like x 9
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

isnt this the whole point ? the new alert being easy with full new gear ? if not buff npcs attacks ? i cant see why we have to farm the new marks for testing ... why would i want the new alerts to be easy with old gear ?
  14. Crafty_Crafter Developer

The point is the new content shouldn't be easy with the old gear, but if we put the newest Marks in the PC Test box no one will ever test the content using the old gear. They will go and grab all the new gear first.

We're not going to make you grind Marks on PC Test to get gear, we're just going to isolate the test cases initially. I mentioned these intervals of Marks not being available should be short, it should only be for things like the initial launches of DLCs on PC Test.
    • Like x 2
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

you know that will make the majority of people not use test server until marks are added then. wouldn't it be better to make the vendor gear drop on the alerts, that way you would still get the gear while having to run the content on the current one, then change it back to regular drop gear when marks are added to the drop box.