The current Prestige Cap isn't going to work..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc Holliday, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Again, the 400k cap is a storage cap. If you are spending your prestige on proficiencies and stuff in your hall this cap won't be hit.
    • Like x 1
  2. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

What evidence do you have that most smaller leagues don't hit the cap?

Is your position that large leagues receive no benefit from prestige as the cap currently stands?

Can you use the prestige you earn to purchase things? Yes

How are you not benefitting?

All leagues who earn prestige benefit in some way once they have their league halls. The cap just delays the ability to purchase everything now. Other than wanting everything now, how does the cap hurt?
    • Like x 2
  3. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

Okay, point taken I misunderstood.

But you didn't answer the why do you need it lifted other than wanting to buy everything now?
    • Like x 1
  4. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Your post makes no sense. You state bigger leagues hit the cap easily but smaller leagues struggle, then you state they should raise it so both can benefit. Tell me, how does this benefit small leagues when you state they struggle to hit the current cap? Also if you read my post you would see I proposed raising the cap slightly with extreme diminishing returns. Which is the only change to the current system that will not hurt smaller leagues.
    • Like x 1
  5. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

I don't necessarily want the cap raised. I have a small league and I think the current system is fine. The problem is that Mepps stated they may need to lower donation prestige because big leagues are complaining about the cap, if this happens it will make earning prestige extremely hard for small leagues so I proposed a compromise to make everyone happy.
    • Like x 2
  6. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

I took Mepps post as a big FU to the poster who was complaining about something after it being out after only a few days. However, I see nothing wrong with doing that if people are hitting the cap so easily. I think the point of the cap is to delay the purchasing of everything now. I'm okay with it.
  7. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

That is exactly the point of the cap and why it should stay. I am all for the system staying exactly how it is, but if lowering donation prestige is being contemplated I would rather have a slight cap increase and extreme diminishing returns.
    • Like x 1
  8. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

I think what you propose is an interesting starting point for a compromise. However, on general principle, I am against changing anything after two weeks simply because a handful of people get on the forums and scream about it. I say wait a few months and see how it is playing out.
    • Like x 3
  9. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

I completely agree.
    • Like x 2
  10. the blackheart New Player

All i know is this with the current prestige cap is in a way punishing big leagues for being just that, big it's also punishing some if not most mid size leagues. Lowering the value of the donation wont help the problem but instead add to it by making it difficult for small leagues.

The best way to probably solve this is to raise it a bit so that big leagues can actually do some things with them while not putting the small leagues in a distinct advantage. In short if a league can get only get 2 Proficiencies and 1 Statuary each week before hitting the hard cap then why not raise that number to let's say 3 and 2 or 4 and 3 so at least big leagues wont feel like they are being punished for being big and small leagues wont feel like they are in a huge disadvantage.

Now I don't know where is the scale to be considered a big league or a small league, but the league that I run with have around 15-20 constantly active members (the most I've seen has been 18 active members in one time) and we have already hit the hard cap. It honestly feel like (for me at least) we are being punished for being active or what not since we cant do anything with our prestige anymore. A few of our members actually are gone for the week.

I understand its not fair for smaller leagues to remove the limit on the prestige because we all know bigger leagues and leagues like the one i'm on will probably have most, if not all, of the proficiencies already along with statuaries. At the same time its also not fair for leagues like mine or biggers leagues to actually be punished for being more effective in gaining prestige, yes not all of us use the donation box to gain prestige some of us actually do the game contents will continue to do so.
    • Like x 1
  11. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

i.e. the cost of the items (e.g. a league hall) should be raise or lowered based on the amount of members within a league.

Bottom line: Every league should be able to work at the most optimal pace for the 3 different sized leagues. The leagues should be forced to strain most of the time throughout the week in DCUO if they want to max out on what is earn-able with prestige points. Currently, with prestige points maxed out it seems doing content goes back to the way it was before League Halls began (relatively speaking).

Just read the post today and that was my first solution to this as well. The question is, do the developers have the tech, time and/or resources to implement this.
  12. the blackheart New Player

With this game its not about having the tech or time or resources to implement such and such changed to the game. Its rather whether or not they can implement any kind of changes in the game without introducing major or even game braking bugs. LOL
    • Like x 1
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The cost of the items (e.g. a league hall) should be raise or lowered based on the amount of members within a league.

Bottom line: Every league should be able to work at the most optimum pace for the 3 different sized leagues. The leagues should be forced to strain most of the time throughout each week in DCUO if they want to max out on what is earn-able with prestige points. Currently, with prestige points maxed out it seems doing content goes back to the way it was before League Halls began.
  14. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

No one is being punished. Please stop with overly dramatic word choice.

Can you earn prestige? Yes

Can you spend prestige? Yes

No punishment there. This entire topic, 29 pages and going, is about people wanting instant gratification and not having any patience. People want to buy and unlock everything now. The devs want us to work for it. We have to pick and choose and be smart about our choices. It is set up so you can't have it all and I see nothing wrong with it.

Having to make choices and be patient is not a punishment.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I am in awe that this is still an active thread.
    I don't care if they raise the cap, but calling for nerfs to donations by people that it doesn't matter too is selfish. If it's that easy for them then nerfing donations will do nothing for them and hurt others for no good reason.

The point that "Oh no! Guys are logging in once a week only because we are hitting the cap" seems silly. Say the cap is raised and you unlock all the hall goodies(even tho that's not what this is about;)) , then will not the same people that apparently only play for those reasons and nothing else then only login every 30 days?
    I find it strange that (apparently) their are that many people that only play long enough to obtain the newest thing in the game and immediately disappear with out playing with it.....

It amuses me greatly however the folks that not long ago that were being terribly insulting to people who were just concerned how long it would take them to get ANYthing relating to League Halls are now losing their minds when they can't get what they want RIGHT NOW!

Then- "nobody cares about you anyway so stop crying you are lazy and stupid and just want everything now and I hope your stupid small league dies and you quit"
    Now- *cries* "It's not fair that we can't have all we want NOW!" *more crying* "give us what we want or our leagues will die and we'll quit" *fumes a bit* "Also do it a way that screws over those other guys for being small,stupid and lazy"
    That shoe on the other foot starting to hurt that much really?
    • Like x 4
  16. Mister Brees New Player

It's not a punishment, it's by design. People think the cap is there to make it fair for everyone. That's what diminishing returns are for. The cap is there to keep you from buying everything all at once. The devs don't want you to do the thing you are trying to get them to let you do.

Scaling is never a good idea. It almost always leads to people getting kicked. Not to mention that it's not really fair to bigger groups to have to pay more just because there are more.

You should really think of prestige as paying your rent. Once you are done for the week.you are good.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

Your league is not small.
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I take back all I said about errrrythang errrrywhere.
  19. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I would say it is. My definition of a smaller league is a league that struggles to/cannot reach the cap in a week even where it stands.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mister Brees New Player

I never said donations should be nerfed. I think they might end up that way though.

I've only really been intentionally rude once and that was to Seth. We clarified out positions in pm and left it at that. In this issue I would honestly benefit from no cap. I literally hit it within 15 minutes of restart Thursday. I'm not a hypocrite though and I understand why it's there. I can wait to unlock everything just like everyone else.

Sorry if you felt I was rude. I'm sure I said whatever I said after reading a "cash grab" argument. That usually does it for me.
    • Like x 2