Let the backlash begin...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich Homie Quan New Player

It's pretty obvious what they are doing now...
    Marks of FURY = Amazon's FURY

Marks of POWER = Halls of POWER

Next DLC War of the Light 2, will probably have marks of Light.

This doesn't bother me much, I usually get my gear from drops over buying it... I do feel bad for all the replay badge addicts tough
  2. Tracmar Well-Known Player

I don't really mind either .. mop or mof .. or maybe even make it mot ..

But the suspense ...it's killing me inside .. softly ...
  3. Magneeta SOE New Player

Loved that one.
  4. Magneeta SOE New Player

So yet another kind of marks?
  5. Rich Homie Quan New Player

seems like the theme they're going with.
  6. DaTruthBeTold New Player

Hahaha HAHAHA I'm falling off the toilet!!
  7. Deranya Dedicated Player

So the least replayable DLC gets even less reason now? Unless you want the prestige...
    Has there been any comment from any of them yet about this?
    • Like x 1
  8. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Wow this is very shady. Spytle and Mepps just straight up lied on FNL if true
    • Like x 1
  9. chipzes Committed Player

What's so hard for some people to understand the issue here?

If they give us a new Tier, we get new Marks so we can't buy higher Tier gear from lower Tier content.
    If they give us a new DLC within the same Tier but using new Marks, they effectively make it a new separate Tier by completely locking out the last DLC content for further progression while still having content of similar difficulty and same CR requirements. You people who don't see an issue with this, do you actually want all Amazon Fury 1 content to be completely unable to contribute to your progression once Halls of Power 1 is out?

Now if they would only rename Marks of Fury to Marks of Power that wouldn't be an issue, but since on Test there is now T6 content giving either of those as well as separate vendors taking each, we won't be able to play Amazon Fury content anymore to gear up.
    This is not about the MoF some people saved up, who cares. This is about the exclusion of Tier content from progression within the same Tier.
    Imagine Sons of Trigon rewarding Marks of Trigon and War of the Light 1 rewarding Marks of Light. No more "5 Alerts, 3 Raids, 3 Duos and lots of Solos" for T5, but rather 3 completely separate DLC with no interchangeable currency. Choose one and you will only be able to gear up within that very DLC, although there are other DLC within the same Tier. Now imagine GoT and PBG dropping Marks of Earth, Hand of Fate Ops dropping Marks of Fate, and Home Turf Solos dropping Marks of Turf...
    Either some people have trouble understanding this for some reason, or they enjoy being restricted in content and spending money on DLC that become useless within the 3 months of their release.
    • Like x 4
  10. Karbonala New Player

Exactly! That is why we should make every attempt to keep this on the Front Page at the very top so the minute they walk into their offices, load the forums, this is the first topic they feel the need to respond to.
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

if they increased the price of the gear to account for the amount of content i doubt anyone would care, and if they did the community would at least be able to see the logic behind it. but INSTEAD:

"Lets just take away instances from them! It's not like the community complains about the lack of content of anything dumb like that!!!"

[IMG]

I'm just extremely disappointed in this decision. Very. Hopefully the Devs will have answers for us when the weekend is over.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Well if they are sticking to this new mark and if amazon furies dlc marks are being converted into marks of triumph then they need to make the rare style vender to use triumphs. I don't have enough bank room to fit anymore 12500 case of triumphs. That would alleviate some my pockets for awhile and I'm sure many others. As long as those styles cost the newest marks I will never get them because RNG hates me.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I really hope it's still MoF, because I'll be very annoyed! I didn't use replays for nothing!!!!!!
  14. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

What I don't get is... a while back they realized that they had WAY TOO MANY different Marks, and thus, stopped using most of the various currencies because of how confusing it became; don't tell me they didn't learn their lesson from that fiasco... but then again history is doomed to repeat itself because humans never learn the lessons from the past.
    • Like x 1
  15. Arcpope New Player

I swear the devs do this kinda stuff to get a rise out of us on the forums .

Owned

Like a boss
    • Like x 1
  16. Arcpope New Player

Says everyone here on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  17. Unida Dedicated Player

their timing certainly is impeccable these days.... after one of the worst periods of 'updates' ever, way to follow it up by heaping another huge helping of WTF on an already schizophrenic community :p
  18. Arcpope New Player

Awesome a transformers crossover dlc.

*winks at sore
    • Like x 1
  19. DoIAmuseYou New Player

Simple explanation for the outrage, they let everyone know the raids were coming a week or so after gu 39 and in the same breath said new gear would cost MOF.
    Everyone acted accordingly, and now it seems like they lied, people are pissed, i dont blame them.
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Why are more marks more confusing? Each content told you exactly what kind of marks you'll get for completing it.
    Having a separate type of marks for each tier stage would make the progress easier to understand for new players. The old ones should know mark stages by now.
    IMHO it's easier to understand than horrendous amounts of MoT - because the on-duty does not tell you how many marks you will get out of a certain instance.
    I wrote it in here before: New players get confused by gaining 4 MoT out of an T1 alert but needing 30k for this cool looking Atlantean Monarch piece. Bring diffrent tier marks back and let us downgrade them at our own will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.