Full Water powerset trees (#2)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lynx, Jun 15, 2013.

1. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Enough said. :cool:

I can already picture the Katara toons.
  2. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

What are the 3 lantern powers that we have? I know we have light (controller) and rage (tank), but I don't seem to recall a third lantern based powerset. You can't possibly be counting the green/yellow light powerset as two powersets are you? You know, since they are the same light controller powerset, green for heroes and yellow for villans?
    Because that would be silly, wouldn't it?o_O
  3. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

Technically they are 2 separate powers, we just utilize them as one. Fear/Will/Rage. thats 3
  4. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

So we have 2 controller powersets that are the same for hard light? I didn't know when it was released that it totalled 2 powersets! Why can't I access both sets of controller powersets for my hero or villan then if they're 2 different sets of the same power?
    Technically speaking, of course, they are NOT 2 separate powers.
    They are the SAME powerset which counts as ONE.
    WILL for heroes.
    FEAR for villans.
    But the SAME powerset.
    I defy any Dev or whoever to state that light counts as TWO different powersets.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nah they are one power, not two. If they were separate then they would have different names.

Anywho people please remember this is a Water thread, let's not turn it into yet another Lantern debate. (This part isn't directed at you Keiji.Haku, just a reminder for everyone.)
  6. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

Sorry about that, but I just get annoyed when I see people stating that there's 3 lantern powersets when there is only ONE light, and rage. People are just way too quick to jump on the lantern bashing around here.:rolleyes:
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Of course, another look doesn't make a Hard Light or Hard Light - two separate powers. Same as celestial - it's ONE power, but not TWO - one with dinging SFX & bright-yellow trails for heroes & purple with shuffling SFX for villains. And if you change color of your weapon - e.g. blue-colored hammer to red-colored hammer, you won't get another weapon - it will be same weapon.
  8. Chilog Well-Known Player

Maybe it would be a good idea to have to cast a pool of water on the ground to be able to cast the shark bite and fish swarm?
  9. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

I tried to keep this post as civil as possible. Sorry if anything comes across as rude. I don't believe theres no reason we can't be civil in this debate but I do wish to point out that we need to get back on topic asap. The whole point of this thread was a new water powerset.

This game categorizes them as one powerset but in the lantern universe they are separate powers.

I dare you to tell a lantern fan that in the lore will and fear are the same power.

Game=1 powerSET
    Lore=2 powers

Technically speaking they are 2 separate powers. Lore before game, people. You can sit here and tell me that they are the same but when it comes down to the lore that DCUO is based around they aren't the same whatsoever.

The only reason they are part of the same powerset is because they both uitlize the same constructs or similar constructs. They match up perfectly but Fear is a power and Will is a power in lore. When kyle had all the rings Fear counted as a single power and Will counted as a single power. You can categorize them as light powerS and that makes them a set but they are not the same power. They both are derived from different emotions.
  10. JangaMan Active Player

This is awesome.
    Really well thought of and unique in comparison to the other powers.
    I also really like the idea of mixing both Might and Prec into the powers.

One problem is that the push and pull are IMO control effects so unless there is a special ability in your tree that nets you a small period of time to control any add, i don't see much use in PVE.

Also dehydrate sounds perfect for either a 35% finisher or a special effect that makes a enemy below a certain health percentage more vulnerable and makes that enemy lose defense or maybe cut some of his health(in PVP to make him unable to heal up to his normal max HP for a short time: target has 100%=10,000Max HP after effect, target has 100%=8,750Max HP).

Also cut the time on BrineSwarm, make it a 50% and make the summons 3(the summons 3 is optional).

All in all extremely good powerset idea.
  11. Cify2000 New Player

i think we should have new mentors, powers and movement modes all introduced by the water powers. the movement mode should be some sort of mini tidal wave or tsunami that will act like a surf board. next the 2 mentors will be aqua man and black manta. you will get specialized missions, alerts and gear. last of all i think there should be a new weapon... the trident. with the trident you could have multiple moves. 1 stab 2 water wipe 3 smash 4 charge and 5 tsunami wave. and maybe some new power moves like nature, you could be a shark? well these are just ideas and if anyone is interested reply and maybe we can get this in-game! :)
  12. Cify2000 New Player

13. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

You should seriously apply for a job at DCUO :D These power trees are amazing!
  14. Ceo PhillipBenjamin New Player

awesome job. but there is already a water powerset in the game its called ice
  15. Toxiic Committed Player

And by that logic we eat water and drink ice. 1st grade is calling.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rab1050 New Player

That Aquamancy tree seems like it would be a tall order for the developers, but I'd love having even a few of those creatures at my disposal.
  17. Ceo PhillipBenjamin New Player

spytle said two years ago. "we already have water its called ice."
  18. Pew New Player

Whats up with all these fantasy posts about making up powers?
    Did the corner shop run out of coloring books?
  19. Black Prime New Player

Hate to crap on your post, but at soexlive larry liberty already gave the 3 powers they are working on next year. None of them are water. Sorry guys.
  20. QuickDeath New Player

Great job would love to see this power in the game cause only 1 of the ones they announced sounds fun mayb they will reconcider