GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fools Fire Loyal Player

I've mentioned it before, and I will again...they need to put Dematerializers in W/HoD. This way solos/smaller leagues can accumulate faster. Yes, the larger leagues can do it as well. But, as mentioned, there's a cap.
    • Like x 4
  2. Skyrazor93 New Player

what are the prestige points on my armor and why am i not getting them? and why did i buy a new legend character and not get any prestige points?
  3. MattTheViolator New Player

In their video they said "no one will be able to purchase a league hall in the first week". Maybe they were wrong?
  4. SansNom New Player

One more question.

What about Prime and Paradox? Why we don't get prestige for it? It's bugged or what?
    • Like x 2
  5. SansNom New Player

• Like x 1
  6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

The Prestige Points are the value you'd get from them if you Dematerialized them in the League Hall itself. So, you get nothing unless you already have a Hall. If it's 1 point, don't bother. If it's more, it may be worth keeping in your Bank until you do get access to a league.
    • Like x 2
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

This would be a good time to put demat stations in the WT. You have already gimped T6 toons in lower content aswell as nerfing the hell out of PVP gear Prestige value.
    • Like x 6
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I read this last night and I thought it was a good idea, but all it did was make T3 give you 10%. In other words, no change. You still get 25% at T5. This... This is just sad. Currently the Paradox Wave doesn't give Prestige, but the Tyrant is 102CR, which is Band 4. So... Nothing changed.

I am currently playing an alt to better yield my prestige. :( I'm pretty disheartened by this. Especially since exactly what I said would happen. Big leagues would benefit from it, but smaller well developed leagues are punished.

PLEASE REMOVE THE DIMINISHING RETURNS OFF TIERS! IT IS HURTING THE PLAYERS!
    • Like x 11
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't understand why the cap system isn't enough. Or why they cannot do what I initially though they meant: have diminishing returns on tiers after a league reaches the soft cap. They could even have a softer cap and put the tier diminishing returns at say 50k instead of 62.5k. So many better options than what we currently have. :-{

For the 50k idea, I want to clarify a bit before I get too many people's hackles up:
    • Weekly Tier Cap - 50k - Diminishing returns only for tier content as the current setup stands. 0% for 3+ tiers/bands, 10% for 2 tiers/bands, 25% for 1 tier/band. With less than 50k, players get full prestige for all content, regardless of tier, as outlined in Zinbik's PvE prestige.
    • Weekly Soft Cap - 62.5k - Diminishing returns on the logarithmic scale; no change in how this cap works.
    • Weekly Hard Cap - 81.25k - Full cap; no change in how this cap works.

I'd even be fine with them putting the cap at 20k or 25k for the Weekly Tier Cap. It would at least be a compromise to smaller leagues to accumulate some prestige a little faster.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

What they should do is scrap this earning system and implement a new one bc its obviously broke and unreasonable
    • Like x 2
  11. sadystic New Player

Is there a particular reason why the iconic t6 solos are only giving my 105 cr toon 7 prestige. Cmon soe. Cmon...
    • Like x 1
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Funny how a T6 solo is equal to a T3 solo.
    • Like x 2
  13. chipzes Committed Player

The idea behind this change is actually good, as it should allow you to gain full Prestige from your tier and 1 below. In reality NOTHING in T5 has CR103 so everything falls into band 4... making CR103+ players gain only 25% which is the complete opposite of what the OP suggests.

Iconic solos only give 7 which is completely out of line. Even at CR1000 I'm still Huntress/Bizarro/Circe/WW, no reason why those should ever give anything other than 73 (appropriate tier solo challenge reward).

Also, open world content just got pointless. Why don't we get Prestige from completing open world missions at all, not even bounties? Gotham under Siege should be dead by now, first the Polemarch gear was completely useless except for the style feat and now all we can get is 3 MoF in the same time it takes to run TD where we get Prestige on top. Don't get me started on the mist-empowered bounties giving as much as a Duo minus the weekly box and gear pieces with a weekly lockout...
    Are open world missions not an effort worth gaining Prestige? Seems not, good thing Halls of Power won't have any of them then cause I'm not motivated to waste my time on those anymore.
    • Like x 4
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The whole system needs to be fixed but lets be real it's a Friday so theres zero chance of anything happening till Tuesday at the earliest.
    • Like x 5
  15. GammaGreenLantern New Player

So pretty much the post Mepps said about a server hotfix today that would fix it so those of us in T6 would get the full amount for T5 and 25% for T4...that was just a lie\false?

Would appreciate if someone would clarify this....

On a side note the iconic T6 solos grant 7 prestige and DOX just doesn't give any prestige at all....
  16. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

7 pages so far on how the system is flawed plus other threads up on the same issues and yet no dev to explain the rational of this prestige concept.
    • Like x 3
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

This gu is as bad as the current op wm gu. Where there's still no balance between power's and now u have this prestige system that if your high cr anything below is almost useless to run and even current cr content is bugged.
    Solo' giving below 10 prestige, forget pvp, outer world missions give nothing, I can keep going on how unreasonable and flawed this system is.
    • Like x 5
  18. Draphin New Player

one more thought is a weekly grant based on CR and SP I think it is very prestigious to have a High level toon. so If I am earning prestige for my pre collected base items. why not for my pre collected armor and earned Skills. Values of which are to be determined. at least this would help a bit to cover the gap between a High CR toon's earnings Vs a lower CR toon.
    • Like x 1
  19. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

I just want my Mom's basement league hall... is that to much to ask for?
    • Like x 1
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

Diminishing tier based returns are redundant considering there is a hard cap. This diminishing returns concept is only punishing small leagues, because it disables them from truly grinding for the league hall. Big leagues don't have that problem, they can essentially do what they've been doing and still get a league hall in a timely manner.

If this concept was done away with or at least made FAR more FAIR. it still wouldn't give big leagues a considerable advantage because of both the hard and soft cap. And there is no way in the heck the developers don't realize that. So it leads me to believe that this diminishing return nonsense is enforced with the intent to sell replay badges. It's the only thing that makes sense from the one-sided biased perspective I am speaking from.

Raise the prices on somethings(Not the halls) if you have too.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.