GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

It is bad to have t6s toons atm :/
    • Like x 4
  2. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

I enjoy the new activity and competitiveness this is bringing into my league but the hard working being put in to every raid on the 'On Duty' tab seems to be for not since I get nothing for being t6 and most of my league is above 103 cr.
    • Like x 2
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Just did Trigon's alert on cr 105 toon. Got 50-ish prestige. Which is 25% of the full amount of prestige I was could of got(205?)
    Yup. I will not be wasting my time on anything below T6.

I saw prestige as a way to bring life back to the earlier parts of the game. I wanted to see shouts of khan or the batcaves and fos. But the way it's implemented it has (get this) DECREASED the incentive to do those old instances. I think the Devs missed an opportunity here. it's a shame.
    • Like x 9
  4. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

Same Idea...i was so ready to do Khan,Sub, Inner, Outer and all those old ones.
    • Like x 2
  5. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Log in today got no prestige for going to my base, is this a weekly earn or what? Or just another unearned prestige for a broken issue?
  6. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

This would've been cool but nope and can't tell what works or not. Its just a horrible concept at the moment to me.
  7. MattTheViolator New Player

Go read the threads of leagues that have already unlock league halls. They are either massive leagues or leagues that created alts to get the most prestige from T1-T2. T6 will have its time WHEN the new content drops. Until then you can join a massive league or start new alts. For now, those are your only choices as horrible as they may be.
    • Like x 1
  8. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

The idea of having to run lower CR alts is not well thought out to obtain a higher point scale. With the new DLC coming out gearing towards players who are CR eligible to run this content, how with those Prestige points scale even lower??? There are too many variables for me at the moment. Speaking of which the emote gets points as well... come on just silly.

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p
    • Like x 1
  9. Radium Devoted Player

This here.

Gearing up in the game is actually putting people at a disadvantage right now. The casual player has better incentives than those who have gotten their gear already. It just seems like a step backwards for progressing your toon.
    • Like x 5
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I agree. My cr 95 alt is staying cr 95 until the new DLC comes out
    • Like x 1
  11. Draphin New Player

What would be nice is if our CR was calculated off the gear we wear not the gear we own. I would not mind lowering my cr Lvl to do lower lvl content to earn more prestige.
    • Like x 3
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Yup I would to but right now this method is brutal for higher tier player's unless your replaying (noway bc dc isnt abt money)
    • Like x 1
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

So you get 25% from the max amount meaning you lost 75% of 205. I do not like this at all.
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Those who rush to the end get to live by the "hurry up and wait" way of life. :-}

As Zinbik said, the cap is intended to balance the playing field and hopefully allow other leagues with a reasonable number of members to flourish. I highly doubt my league will ever meet the soft cap, let alone the hard cap.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Rush? Sorry but content is scarce in this game to reach end content is easy and quick. The game has been out over 3 years with some playing since day1 like myself , how is it fair I get penalized for it.
    • Like x 1
  16. 6000Degree New Player

There is a problem with exploiting when to change armor ( i.e. all run in T6, then switch to T1 right before last boss die ).

Best way instead is to allow high-cr people a choice to run an instance iconic-like, with fixed stats for each role, if they want challenge/get prestige.

However, not even the *real* iconic runs are tier-agnostic - and they should - so this is just a dream...
  17. SansNom New Player

Wait
    So, if league can earn a maximum 81,250 Prestige per week. How these leagues already bought league halls? Or league can get more that 81k of prestige per week?
    • Like x 1
  18. GammaGreenLantern New Player

The most unbalanced thing about prestige is that it cost 100k for a league whether you have 50 members or 500 members...that is the biggest joke I have ever heard

Basically the devs are saying if you do not make a MEGA league then you will always be at a major disadvantage.

The prestige costs need to scale to the number of members in the league....

There's no way the devs did not think of this...honestly shame on y'all for being to lazy to implement a system like this..

Just something to think about...the original JL consisted of 7 members....the original Avengers consisted of 5 members...
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was not talking about those who are being penalized for Tier 6. That is another issue in itself. This was purely in reference to players who are in large leagues and already have a hall. They get to wait until the next reset for the cap to be removed. Please don't jump down my throat over oranges when I'm talking about apples.

*The funniest portion of your post was saying there is a scarcity in content. Just had someone else go off on a tirade the other day for me saying that, and that person then gave how many solos, duos, alerts, raids, and dailies exist in this game as if that number means we have a ton of content. I agree with you; this game has very little content.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We've technically had the league halls during 2 week periods. Wednesday was the end of week 1, and Thursday was the beginning of week 2. They had a chance to earn 162k prestige if they did so within a 2-day period.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.