props

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by pitbullb3, Jul 18, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I would like to comment on this bit here in specific Nestea: Lunging at Circe, regardless whether or not she teleported would have done several things for yourself and your parter:
    • Given you immunity
    • Dealt extra damage to your opponent
    • Forced Circe to teleport
      • Uses power
      • Spawns a pet that can be used to farm more immunity
    • Taken your opponent out of the fight briefly
      • This would prevent incoming damage to yourself and helped extend your teammate's lifespan
    Yes, it is annoying that Circe can teleport right away and that is something that should be adjusted, however the benefits far outweigh the cost.

I got around to finally watching several matches in that particular FNL so to address all of you...
    Based on what I saw:
    • Ace heavily utilized ranged attacks
      • He was rarely out of range (or at all?)
        • meaning he could have been lunged at any point
    • When he did close in, he excelled in close quarters fighting
    • The Ace/Logo had excellent team synergy and a sound strategy
      • Ace stayed off the node
        • This would either force someone into one of two situations
          • Being forced off the node to interrupt him (definitely the correct choice)
          • Or turning into damage sponges (where is the upside exactly?)
      • Logo remained on the node
        • This allowed him to farm the node far more effectively given how his character choice was less mobile
          • A prime example of this can be seen in the finals wherein he scored a fair number of points because the opposing team suddenly focused too much on Ace
    • The opposing teams seemed to have poor team synergy
      • There seemed to be very little in the way of coordination between the team as to who would focus on doing what
        • having one person camp the node and deal with Logo while the other person alternated between Ace and Logo could have solved the issue with him spamming range
        • No clue how you guys function but when I run legends with my regular partner Sabigya...
          • If we are having trouble dealing with a team, one of us focuses on the character our character is best suited to counter
            • There seemed to be very little of that (once again coming back to the overarching point here, poor team synergy) which lead to massive issues
    What all this tells me is that this is more of a commentary on the people fighting Ace/Logo than a commentary on Ace/Logo themselves.

If anyone would like to dispute this it's fine, but let's keep things constructive and polite.

I had tested that with Clutchmeister. IIRC the damage from Fist Slam clocked in at about 200-300 more per hit than back fist.
    • Like x 3
  2. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I wouldn't give Ace 1 too much hate for what he did. Yes what he did doesn't take the hugest amount of skill to accomplish, but it does happen to be the best way to play circe unfortunately.

This is down more to both how powerful solar flare is combined with just how overpowered her teleport is. Consider that most shields have the following:

• 40 second cooldowns
    • total damage mitigation of 2500
    • can be stripped in 1.5-3 seconds via tap damage
    And then the teleport:
    • 8 second cooldown
    • Summons hardest hitting pet in the game (albeit weak and counterable)
    • Short shield applied
    • Saves you from a counter, effectively saving you from 1500-4500 damage depending on the legend you're facing
    As you can see the teleport completely blows every other shield out of the water in terms of performance. If the developers fix solar flare and adjust the teleport, that strategy will be far less viable.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Very well thought out post thank you for taking the time to write this.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I was told several years ago by a doctor I had a very analytic mind. Figured I may as well put it to use :p

Anything I missed or should have taken note of (only way for me to get better at stuff like this)?
    • Like x 2
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

This 100% What I was doing was not the most skillful way to play, but the fact that I was left alone a lot says most of what I need to say. If I had been focused, I would have adapted my strategies to a more melee focus working strictly on counters creating a slower but less risky slow burn with Logo.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Nope you got everything perfect.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

See the second main bullet point in that long post I made earlier :p

Good to know :D
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I didn't take anything from Ace 1 skill, all I said was I didn't expect the #1 player on the server to use that much cheese, and before then I thought we had the better legends pvpers because they had to get through more players. Saying that it was my first time looking at fnl( and my last) msybe most people win like
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Quality > Quantity
  10. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

So.... another one of these threads. If it works, use it. If it's not hacks, use it. If you're gonna win because of it, use it. There's no such thing as "dirty" or "low" in a fight. There are no rules as far as I know.
  11. DaiKaiJu New Player

PS has Quality, just not too many people in your "league of expertise", Clutch.
    I have to represent the PS side. Kinda feels like you bad mouthing us with that last post....
    But I don't think that's the point of your post, So I will agree that Quantity does not always make Quality.
  12. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'm not bad mouthing the PS at all, there are some very skilled players on your side. However it has been known for a long time that the top players on PC are better than the top PS legends players. There're quite a few people who make the assumption that because the populations are larger that it means there's inherently better players there, from my personal experience this has not been the case.

Who knows though, maybe I'll get shut up next month at SOE Live :p
    • Like x 1
  13. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Cheeseball moves or not, Ace 1 still dominated with a strategy that could have been dealt with. Just give him a gg, learn from it, and move on.
    • Like x 3
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd reread my post at the top of page 2 of I were you. The fact Ace got away with what he was doing for as long as he was doing is more of a commentary on his opponents skill than his own. Any decently coordinated team could have and should have been able to deal with that particular strategy.
  15. DaiKaiJu New Player

That's somewhat true, but it's only because some people think that DCUO is like sports in real life.
    The cities with the bigger populations tend to be harder to compete in, But that logic might not transfer over so well to this game.

Either way, props to you for still being on top of what it is you do best. I admire that. One day, you come over to Amercia and maybe go on tour to face many USPS/USPC users.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

*cough* SOE Live this year *cough*
    • Like x 1
  17. DaiKaiJu New Player

I'm not on here that often Enquirer.......
    You'll excuse my ignorance on the matter.....
    "I hope" :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

*cough* also SOE Live last year *cough* :p
    • Like x 2