Omnipotence Necklace

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Allies, Jul 18, 2014.

1. SilverwingsZOE New Player

Cool another item to chase for if rng is not too busy giving you offrole items.

Did I say offrole items?Oh wait sorry then if the RNG Lord is not too busy giving you anything but marks

You can have and keep it,this and those expert plans,since you added a big chance of marks,a slight chance of FE6 (it they still drop) a even more lower slight chances for plans spending replay badges chasing raids drops is kinda pointless.

You know all you have to do allow us to purchase those items for 100 MoF each and who cares about that necklace,I have two or more trolls in ignore on EUPC they both have 2 OP rings and they just suck as dps and in troll role
  2. exil3d! New Player

dat_truestory i think i never drop any of omnipotence piecies
    • Like x 1
  3. Cyclotrode X New Player

You're not alone... we need to run prime & assbat tonight w/ fingers crossed.
    • Like x 1
  4. krimzonk Committed Player

Agreed this is how the epic/gold coloured gear which is super rare should be done. It should evolve and scale with your progression in the game or its pointless to have, as it will be worthless once Tier 7 hits which is likely to be DLC13 (Amazon Fury Part 2)
    • Like x 3
  5. exil3d! New Player

Which the sense of this? You drop it only for your luck so i don't understand why it needs to level up with your cr, you didn't drop it for any type of ability or skill and probably you didn't reset more than any other players...
  6. krimzonk Committed Player

Would it not be better if, we actually had to CRAFT this awesome pieces of gear by collecting materials and what not over a period of time!? I think this method is way better, as it gives players something else to aim for.
    • Like x 3
  7. Yui Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Formula: Base Core Stat + Stat from the mod + Affinity Bonus = Total Core Stat Gained
    DPS (Precision & Might VI):
    OP Ring:
    Precision: 60 + 52 + 26 = 138 Precision
    Might: 136 + 53 = 189 Might

T6 DPS Vendor Ring (94):
    Precision: 52 + 52 + 38 = 142 Precision
    Might: 147 + 53 = 200 Might

T6 DPS Ring from T6 Raids (94):
    Precision: 54 + 52 + 38 = 144 Precision
    Might: 158 + 53 = 211 Might

Healer (Restoration VI):
    OP Ring:
    Restoration: 144 + 102 = 246 Restoration

T6 Healer Vendor Ring (94):
    Restoration: 162 + 102 + 51 = 315 Restoration

Controller (Vitalization VI):
    OP Ring:
    Vitalization: 106 + 41 = 147 Vitalization

T6 Controller Vendor Ring (94):
    Vitalization: 88 + 41 + 21 = 150 Vitalization

Tank (Dominance & Health VI):
    OP Ring:
    Dominance: 29 + 25 = 54 Dominance
    Health: 392 + 134 = 526 Health

T6 Tank Vendor Ring (94):
    Dominance: 27 + 25 + 18 = 70 Dominance
    Health: 405 + 134 = 539 Health

Conclusion:
    The OP Rings give all stats which makes them really good to have.
    However, the new 94 rings, both vendor and raid versions, give more of the core stats of each role than the OP Rings, even by just a little bit. So, you might wanna buy the 94 vendor rings or get the rings from the new raids if you want to be more effective at doing your role.
    • Like x 3
  8. Craven Green Loyal Player

I'm going to put on my lucky socks and undies for the run also lol. Then I'm gonna rub Hammish for luck,
    • Like x 2
  9. Loche Developer

Come on that is just silly. Why on Earth would we build a loot system that gives a great item specifically to undergeared people? It is a loot drop, that everyone has the same chance of getting (assuming you can defeat the bosses that drop it).

I have never gotten a single Aura from a lockbox on live. I haven't wasted any energy or time trying to theorycraft a conspiracy against me from getting them.

By no means am I trying to attack you on this. I am just trying to stop the misinformation from spreading.
    I understand the frustration of having to get lucky to get the awesome item. But it isnt a requirement to have it. Some people love that stuff, some people dont.

We cannot possibly please everyone all of the time.
    • Like x 33
  10. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I'll mail you an aura. :)
    • Like x 6
  11. Loche Developer

Yay! ;)
    • Like x 13
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    Keep pushing, Sisyphus.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sylo Committed Player

This is an idea I have discussed with league members. Essentially allow trash drops( i.e rubber chicken, half written novel, etc ) along with exo's be used to craft epic items and styles. Pro's: it would have players running older content to stock up on specific trash pieces, cons: replay badge sales would likely take a hit, therefore it is very likely a craft system like this will never be implemented.
  14. not_again Dedicated Player

I never got the prime helm yet I beat it every week when there was no resets and reset it a few times once they were introduced. I have never received a ring from A&B and I have run it every week since it has been released. I doubt I will ever receive this neck, but I still am able to play at the highest levels of this game without any of those bonus items.
    • Like x 3
  15. Sylo Committed Player

While I agree with you it did seem when A & B dropped the drop rate for the ring was very high for a few days. One might say the drop rate was purposely made high to draw people in to buy RB and grind that raid and then made low, bait and switch :D
    • Like x 4
  16. Battle Hamster Active Player

I would like to think that is true, but I have personally seen it way too often to just be a coincidence. Just in my league alone we have a couple of people, while they are not bad players are just not as skilled and geared as the rest of us, get the rings. And it's usually with them promptly dying in the last boss fight.

I have also inspected people in pugs who are about as bad as one be with gear and mods sporting one or two rings.
    • Like x 2
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

Would be nice if these dropped based on effort of the sort.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lightws Dedicated Player

The fact that you believe lockdown is hard alone makes me laugh.
  19. Hero of Justice New Player

Hehe, I like Cap's League name :)

Also, enough with the conspiracy theories already. When you have a very rare item many people will never sniff it, great players and players who barely got through the instance alike.

It's obvious the only REAL conspiracy in DCUO is the ongoing effort to remove Sharpshooter Legs from Superpatriot's loot table... ;)
    • Like x 3
  20. Anhur Committed Player

I cannot begrudge the system if players like/want it, but I'm not a fan of the best in slot items in the manner that the acquisition is based on luck/random chance - leaving the traditional MMO style looting system behind was one of the biggest draws to DCUO for me - vendor purchasable equipment was to be the best you can acquire, a mark based transaction is fair ground to all players, earn the marks as fast or as slow as the player likes.
    • Like x 3