This game still needs a Physical powerset

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whisper, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGhee Well-Known Player

You do realize that neither wind nor metal/ballistic is a powerset? You should also be made aware that many powers have overlapping abilities. So physical could have a stomp (ground shake), a hand clap (shockwave), and a hurl debris (just like every tank powerset) for ranged attacks.

Additionally, the Devs have tended to add new wrinkles with new powersets ex. Hard Light's combos, Earth's aftershocks, and Celestial's cleanse/curse. They could continue that trend with physical. Certain physical powers could have a "knockback factor." Based on dominance, a physical melee attack would knockback ,not down, opponents. If the opponents dominance was higher, the attacker would be knockbacked. This would allow physical to be viable in higher level content. After every attack that had knockback factor there would be distance between the physical power user and his/her target.

Also, I think most people agree that a physical powerset would have abilities to increase crits and precision which would make weapons a larger part of their attacks.
    • Like x 1
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Maybe greater turn will be getting powerset, based on "Mother Boxes". Like HL characters always with hand blub, they always with hand cube.
    Moves may be similar to mix of hardlight & gadgets, yeah mental as well + tp from quantum. One of SC's - you open boom tube to New Genesis (hero) or Apokolips (villain) & omega beam shoots from there at enemies & annihilates them.

To each psycho - own Mother Box! No pasaran!!!
  3. Amazon Committed Player

4. Amazon Committed Player

So I feel I need to resurrect this thread again, we NEED a super strength/physical power set.

It is the most common superpower archetype in all of comics, and yet is still a power we are missing.

We used to be able to badly emulate with Earth, but fail at being properly viable in end game content. I am now trying to get used to a physical build emulation post update and it’s just as bad , if not worse.

With the recent update changes it no longer really possible to even emulate (bye bye rumble crush)

And yes I know that it may be “difficult” to implement within the current structure of the game but “Superior Mouse” did an amazing mock-up of both trees ( one based on Superman’s brute strength, and one based on Wonder Woman’s fighting prowess.) that would be amazing if implemented.

So please show your support and ask our fearless Devs to implement this power, it IS possible, is CAN be done right, and like superior mouse has done it WONT be boring when some actual thought has gone into the trees.

And finally we can “play DCUO our way!”
    • Like x 2
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I do not see how people can possibly find a thread from 8 months ago..and choose to bump it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Amazon Committed Player

I just did all of that ^ I can show you how easy it is to do.

rather than create a new thread specifically ...and then link this this thread.... I just went to the source material ...because, we still don't have the power set and superior mouse did such an amazing job of emulating it within this existing thread.

BAM

Sorry you didn't want to add something constructive thanks for your input.
    • Like x 2
  7. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I'm on the fence. Me I'd prefer them to make movement and iconic builds viable in late game but I doubt that will ever happen.

However just fyi bumping things this old is against forum ToS. While other forums would prefer to add to existing ones the mods here seem to prefer you to start another one if the old one is more than 90 (iirc) days old.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I believe after all the AM are made for the current powers. There will be three new ones because of the current power AMs.

We have 3 Combos (HL, CL, Rage), 2 DoT stacks (Electric, Nature), 2 Pets (Soc, Earth), 2 whatever Fire/Ice is called, 3 Advanced Power Interactions (Gad, Qun, Mental)

As you can see, there are 3 of them for two AMs but the others have only 2 each.

So we will be getting 1 new power for each of the following Awesome Mechanics:
    DoT Stacking
    Pets
    Whatever Fire/Ice AM is called
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

*Shrugs* Imagine how long these old threads that keep coming up would be if they were all condenced into one...

How many pages would discussions of the escrow cap be...
    Or the list of styles/marketplace items we want to see...
    Or any of the other topics that keep coming up...
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'd like a magnetic style power set that would work like this
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Physical Powerset = Weapon Mastery:p

No Seriously isn't Superman a Brawler with some Iconic Powers, some Earth and Ice attacks, and swoop from flight?

I don't know but I just can't see it happening any time soon, like how will it differentiate visually from that of Earth or Brawling.
    • Like x 1
  12. Crimson Jonni New Player

I know this wont happen but i want a powergirl fighting style for my HL toon. Which is basicay brawling with heat vision
    • Like x 1
  13. Amazon Committed Player

Well for starters physical doesn't mean just superman. -_- it relates to all characters that are mostly physical. And if you looked and saw superior mouses powerset tree you would see the amazing possibilities.

And all the legends characters have multiple physical only moves which are nothing like earth and look amazing.

Earth in it's current form, trying to emulate physical only is not that viable in end game WM has helped but not much.

I see you're a hard light main, what if they removed HL and I told you perhaps You should go fire and use hand blaster to emulate yellow hard light? Would you be satisfied? I know I wouldn't be.

It's the most popular power in comics. And it's not in a create your own hero game @_@

Ps. What cracks me up is the inspired by selects that give Wonder Woman mental powers.... Second strongest physical hero in DC and she gets given mental powers. Lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Mermaid Dedicated Player

You're on to something! Great theory so far let's hope it will be true!
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Posted before noticing date of original post. NVM.
  16. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Wow this is old
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

I'm here and I still agree. Let's go Physical Powerset.
    • Like x 1
  18. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Hoping serums is still on the table
  19. McGhee Well-Known Player

We have been asking for years. I don't think it will ever happen. It's a shame in a DC game, we can make the Detonator and Sgt. Rock before Superman.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.