GU39 Preview: Prestige

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Certainlogic New Player

40-50 league size seems too big.

20-30 active league size seems more appropriate.

Especially with those diminishing returns. Small leagues will have a tougher time hitting the weekly cap. Not sure how diminishing returns help.

Those LFG leagues will probably always hit the weekly cap no matter what.

Can anyone explain how diminishing returns will help the smaller leagues? I mean when they get closer to that cap, they will have to struggle even harder to hit it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Forced Penance New Player

As I have pointed out to other people with similar arguements:

If you are hellbent on going solo and not going to join a league, what is stopping you from creating your own league of 1 and working on the specific benifits you need for your role for yourself each month?

I still think all you "soloist" should form up a "league" league of your own, so you can all still solo AND your "league" builds prestige for perks.

BTW, not all leagues are elitist jerks. The league I am a member of is very casual and friendly. We have 0 donation/membership fees. We have no manditory raiding days. We just get online, chat while we game, help each other with feats or runs if we aren't doing something else.

I am aware there are crappy elitist leagues in the game. I know because that was the way I gamed when I was younger. There are grown up people in grown up leagues as well. The difference is, grownups usually don't go looking for members, they usually come to us after they have run with us a few times....

Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 2
  3. Zinbik Developer

The primary reason for reducing the rewards when your CR is greater than the content's CR is that we wanted didn't want the fastest way to gain Prestige to be speed running yourself through content you vastly outgear.

It's unfortunate if some players feel that that means they shouldn't help out their fellow League members. The funny thing is, they're actually hurting their League more through that behavior, both in the short term AND the long term. By helping out lowered tiered players, those players get through their own content more quickly, which means more Prestige for the League. This also helps them gear up so eventually they can join their League-mates in higher tier content.
    • Like x 12
  4. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts to find a comprise versus those just out to silence us.
  5. Forced Penance New Player

I would like a variation on this.
    Since higher tiered players do not "need" the other players to complete lower tiered instance.

max prestige (as if same tier) if completed solo, then progressively decrease it if you bring in more players. Would tie in nicely to alert walkin teleporter :D
  6. Jaobigboy New Player

Pardon me but that statement is discriminatory, to decrease the marks because their cr is higher than the content is just going to make high cr ppl not run lower content period. It just won't be worth the effort. Especially when there is going to be a cap on how much is earned versus how much the league hall will consume. Sorry mr. Dev but you just made a validating argument for all of the elitist in the game to not help anyone beneath them. I'm just sayin. Peace!
  7. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

hum yes but hell no overgeared player in old stance just kill the entertainment of new player you just clean everything without them have a chance to do anything then the boring feeling come quicker to them.

rewards are sweeter when you worked for it.
  8. Jaobigboy New Player

Only ppl with admin privilege can set who can spend. It's the same as league ranks. League admin willonly set who can spend.
  9. TrueOlympus New Player

Oh ok. I actually understand the reasoning behind it. Nevermind then, The current system if for the best
    • Like x 1
  10. MetalMario Loyal Player

Which ranks will be permitted by default to spend prestige and have league hall permissions?
  11. Altonio New Player

When it will come at Test Server . We are waiting :(
  12. SansNom New Player

325000P for all 13 proficiencies to much. I know many good and strong leagues on USPC, that have only 10-15 active players. And what they must to do with so huge requirements? How they would farm atleast 250000P?

Are there ways to make the price depends on how many active players in the league? In this case, everything will be more balanced. League 50-100 Online players will have a price, and online leagues with their 10-15.
  13. Pew New Player

Will there be a relation between real life cash and Presige in any way?

This is not a bait question, as a working person i would like the option to keep up a smallish sized endgame league competetive and have no problem spending a bit of $.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

We've only been hinted at and the only hard number we have for a cap is 400k total prestige for the entire league, but what are the caps per week, per tier, etc. Is it possible to get a breakdown on content rewards?

Solo
    Duo
    4man
    8man

Also, at what CR are we looking at for diminishing returns? 10 or more over the min? Is it tiered in the way that if you are 10, you get x amount less, if you are 15 above you get x*10 less and so on? So if you are in a league that is almost all full 90+ gear, it wouldn't even be worth running T2 content.
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Can't you just debuff players beyond specific CR-thresholds?

The buff in the events work well!
  16. Jamie New Player

I have a few suggestions for tweaks to the system. How about have the content worth a set amount of Prestige. Let's take a raid and say it is worth 40,000 Prestige. The Prestige gets split up at the end of the raid equally, i.e. each player would get 5,000 Prestige for a full raid before any adjustments. If you run the raid with 4 people then each gets 10,000. If you DeathMike it then you get 40,000. The that number gets adjusted based upon your CR. This may not encourage over geared players to help out under geared but it may encourage over geared players to run older content with less people. It could bring some entertainment value back to the old content.

You could also run special weekends where certain content was worth more or maybe a specific instance had higher Prestige values. You should also add lower tiers of survival mode and allow people to earn Prestige that way. If you don't want to add lower levels then have a special version that under geared people receive a buff like they do for events.
  17. Zinbik Developer

As this information is all going to become obvious soon enough anyway and I'd rather you have accurate numbers than possibly inaccurate ones random people start throwing around, here you go:

(KEEP IN MIND THAT ANY OF THESE NUMBERS COULD CHANGE BEFORE THIS GOES LIVE.)

Caps
    • Weekly Soft Cap (where diminishing returns kick in) - 62,500
    • Weekly Hard Cap - 81,250
    • Total Storage Cap - 400,000
    Base Walk In Values Per Thing
    • Power Cells - 17
    • Mainframe Upgrade 1s - 6
    • Mainframe Upgrade 2s - 8
    • Mainframe Boost 1s - 10
    • Mainframe Boost 2s - 12
    • Amenities - 7.44
    • Decorations - 0.2
    (Hence, a maxed out base on PS can be worth up to 444 Prestige on a single walk in.)

PvE Instance Completion
    • Solo - 73
    • Duo - 84
    • 4-Man - 206
    • 8-Man - 305
    PvP
    • Wins - 7
    • Losses - 3
    Donations (anything that would be worth less than 1 is worth nothing)
    • Decorations - 2
    • Cash - 0.00083
    • Marks of Triumph - 0.082
    • Marks of Fury - 138
    • Marks of Valor - 20
    • Marks of Legend - 19
    Costs
    • League Hall Creation - 100,000
    • League Hall Location - 25,000 (default, some are more)
    • Proficiencies - 25,000
    • Statuaries - 10,000
    • Bank Slot Row #2/Tab #2 - 25,000
    • Bank Slot Row #3/Tab #3 - 35,000
    • Bank Slot Row #4/Tab #4 - 50,000
    • Bank Slot Row #5 - 75,000
    (ALSO NOTE THAT SOME OF THESE VALUES WILL BE INITIALLY DIFFERENT ON PC TEST FOR TESTING PURPOSES.)

The diminishing returns on CR differences (you vs. content) are based on the same tiers you're already familiar with. If the content is one tier less, you earn 25% of the normal Prestige. If the content is two tiers less, you earn 10% of the normal Prestige. If the content is more than two tiers less, you get no Prestige.
    • Like x 11
  18. blklightning New Player

I'm not going to read 9 pages to see if my question was already answered:

Will prestige be like loot in that there are locks on it? Will a team have to wait a week to get prestige from a raid, or will they be able to farm their favorite final boss for as much as they can carry? Will replay badges have to be spent in order to get prestige from a loot-locked battle?
    • Like x 1
  19. The Johnny army New Player

You know, this is off topic, but I like this "new" guy, Zinbik. Seems like he's been hiding in the shadows and now decided to come out with a massive BOOM!, answering all he sees and offering detailed information.

I wonder what other gems Spytle keeps away from us so we don't ruin them? :D
    • Like x 8
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea that was asked on the livestream and the answer is yea you have to use replays to reset stuff to get prestige.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.