GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redscreen5 New Player

Judging from what you said it would seem so.

For all the so called diversity WM is supposed to give, the devs are giving us very little to work with in terms of using it's incentive. Getting pretty tired with this back and forth nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Phantom New Player

Honestly I'm guessing they saw all the ppl switch to electric while it was still on test, and then nerfed it to get everyone to switch back. An easy 20 bucks per player. There was no explanation for these changes cuz they're embarrassed that not ONE player agreed with their "vision" of dots being awesome. While every other power set uses it's dots and gets WM crits that hit a lot harder.
    • Like x 5
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Don't forget that Rage can do a WM then combo a power right after and still get the WM bonus yet Mepps was talking about you can't do them at the same time. Ummm doing them at the same time is not the issue, the issue is they can use their AM and get a WM bonus to match.
    • Like x 2
  4. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Liking the revamp so far healing side.. dps side needs more testing i wonder though you gave wired a might buff and not a restoration buff aswell for healer role since we are going nature route? Testing all week videos soon thanks devs
    • Like x 4
  5. Redscreen5 New Player

I hope so, I should have been more specific it's more broken than trash. It would make sense for them to segment the updates
  6. Fatal Phantom New Player

I know rage can use WM and then get a 4800 crit off of dreadful blast. But I'm not asking rage or any other power to get nerfed. I just want similar treatment for electricity. It's been an underdog for so long and now it's even worse. I seriously hope this was a mistake and there is a fix coming.
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

If they choose to stand by this rule they have implemented meaning if u use AM no WM bonus for you then Rage has to follow suit.
  8. Fatal Phantom New Player

I think they just need to revert electricity back to what it was on the DPS side before they touched it and come back later when they're not stoned.
    • Like x 1
  9. Errorcode1058 New Player

Consider AM and WM in terms of moving a historically protected house/building to make room for a wider road.

1). The entire structure was artificially propped up and slightly moved. WM propped us all up and moved the structure from might ticks to precision ticks.

2). Pour a new foundation. AM. ATM, AM are only used by toons who don't have enough SP to activate WM.

3). When the foundation is ready, the building can be moved onto its new location. The props artificially holding it up can come off and the plumbing/electric get reconnected.

Eventually, WM DAMAGE OUTPUT (but not mechanics) be nerfed...or gear might stats will increase significantly to where the difference becomes negligible. We will be picking powers based up using AM in end game. Power sets with an AM in place felt this first...HL and Celestial threads from only a few weeks ago. Then Earth players were disappointed by Crystal and found Robot Sidekick was more effective with WM. Now it is WElectric's turn...oh and yet again HL goes without an aggro dump...but they got a superfluous ranged POT in Impact.

Don't believe me? Look at how POT ticks have increased by almost 25% from this dinky Alert. Trolls who used to throw at 215are spitting out 275 as if it were nothing and still have a few pieces of 92 gear to go. There has to be some reason behind this Vit explosion.
  10. Fatal Phantom New Player

I appreciate your analogy, but even without using its AM, electric got nerfed on its burst damage. Maybe they should have left a couple supports on the house. Also ur theory with the vit is not applicable to this dot mechanic, since they implemented a system where if u use all these powers in a certain order it uses almost no power. But like u said power isn't an issue anyway so this was a useless add on. It was like adding butter to burnt toast, either way it belongs in the garbage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Zeikial Committed Player

Nature now with electric, that I know off are the only two powers that do not recieve crit bonuses while dots are active. Nature will even take that a step further and add the pet in the exclusion as well, so no not every other powers recieves the crit bonus while dots are active.

And is any one of you surprised at this final product, this is why I do not participate an any of this, bug section, testing, anything. Why? because no matter what suggestions you put out there, or bugs you find, no matter what, they will do what they want regardless. Pretty much just wasting your time
    • Like x 3
  12. Noel New Player

AGREE WITH YOU A %100 MY WM DAMAGE WHEN DOT IS ON IS 2k AND IT DOESNT CRIT. THE ELECTRICITY BEFORE WAS WAY MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Phantom New Player

Yes I am aware nature is identical, and it's becuz nature has no good burst moves that they didn't know what to do with it. So instead of giving it a burst move, they said its dots were the AM (oh btw they are dry on ideas for making AM on these already established powers), so becuz they did this to nature they made electricity a clone to it to give IT a thoughtless AM.
  14. Fatal Phantom New Player

Really devs? Bring either your nature or electricity AM powers against any decent players rage and get destroyed.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Was this testing on the new sparring targets?
  16. MetalMario Loyal Player

Um the other powers can also get the weapon mastery crit buff after their AM is done.
  17. Pandora Demon New Player

I'm actually really disappointed because on my character: When I stack the DOT's I hit for 4-600's, and it only lasts for 2 seconds, and I have to spam Voltaic Bolt like there is no tomorrow; It's insane. But, I'm going to see how it does again after shutdown, and see if I can get better numbers, but it's really not looking that good. Healing side looks great though, I'll try it in SM.
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Rage, HL, Celest can use WM and get a bonus when using their AM. <--- Not fair

Earth and Sorcery can't use Crystal and Fury and get a WM bonus on other powers. <--- Fair

Electricity and Nature can't use any dot individually and get a WM bonus on other powers. <-- Not fair since individual dots are not our AM and if they want to stand by this rule then no combo based powers should allow a WM bonus when used before a power.
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

20. Fatal Phantom New Player

At first yes and then I tested in the t6 duos to make sure. Static push 1500 crit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.