GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please discuss any feedback about our newest Electricity improvements here!
  2. Haggz New Player

Hmmm no offense spord but doesn't seem like much improvements were made. Allot of the testers pointed this out multiple times with multiple tests proving this
    • Like x 5
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

No, there were a lot of good changes made. It's just that having even a single dot cancel your WM bonus crits leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    • Like x 7
  4. LyricalHD New Player

I've been electricity for a long time. I played about 30 minutes before they took the servers down just to see how it was. It was truly disappointing. I think i'm finally going to have to switch powers. The AM is inferior to WM so why take away WM crit bonus while dots are up? And there isn't much you can do using the AM. They gave us one combo and it isn't even good. Thank you SOE. You are the best.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Electrocute needs to be removed off the cancelation in my personal opinion. I been Electric for over 2-3 years and I'm sticking with it.
    • Like x 5
  6. PhantomVision New Player

Abilities with "Weapon Mastery Crit bonus excluded" wont crit alone after WM or they prevent other abilities getting WM crit bonus while active ? And for how long time if they prevent WM bonus for all ?
  7. Hale Well-Known Player

Whats the point of discussing further? The damage has been done.
    • Like x 7
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

They prevent other powers from getting the crit while active and it restricts the WM bonus as long as it's in use.
    • Like x 4
  9. LyricalHD New Player

Completely agree
    • Like x 2
  10. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Like I've said before I don't understand why the devs don't take yalls ideas and put them to good use and the thing is it always seems like a majority of players are on the same accord. Its like they ask for peoples suggestion get good ideas from you guys but rarely if at all implement any of them I don't get.
    • Like x 4
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

Electrocute (elec) and Swarm (nature) should not exclude the WM crit. They have nothing to do with the actual awesome mechanic(Dot combining) and to add them is complete overkill.

Adding them to the exclusion is like adding robot sidekick to the exclusion for Earth and Sorcery
    • Like x 14
  12. PhantomVision New Player

Hmm, then Swarm and Electrocute being on the black list is really an overkill.
    • Like x 2
  13. Redscreen5 New Player

HL is pure trash (hardly any different from before), Spord did a better job than Drenz between the two sets.

I see people bragging about elec on testing a few weeks back, what changed ?
  14. winter13 New Player

I'm questioning why the damage ticks from electrocute were reduced!! If anything, they should have been increased..
  15. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

What i heard was most of hard light changes are coming in update 39. HArd light got little changes in update 38.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

They made Electrocute (which isn't used in our AM and is a regular dot) negate getting a WM bonus on any other power while it's active and ran off without explanation. Our AM is meant to be stackable refreshable dots but it basically looks as if any dot is awesome and we all know they are not. Since then we have had no feedback.
    • Like x 1
  17. I Keeps Aggro New Player

Loving electricity man I always said if they made circuit breaker 50 or 35 I'd be able to do soooo much more damage that's all I cared about was circuit breaker everything else is cool but thank you for a version of rampage for electricity.
  18. Fatal Phantom New Player

Electricity and Hard Light Power Revisions
    Based on continued feedback from Live and Test Server updates, we have made power revisions to our Electricity and Hard Light Power Sets. Please see the Powers section in the notes below for a full description of these changes.

-Who asked for these changes? With NO dots up my static push is only critting for 1600 after a WM combo even with the power interaction buff. Really? I was hitting over 2k pre GU38 WITH dots up. Is this their way of forcing electricity players to use the "DOT mechanic"? After a couple minutes of testing i would say electricity's damage potential has been cut in half. With their Dots only being useful in survival mode.

I hope this is a bug, cause if this is the final product, i am shocked (get it) at how bad they butchered a power that was already flying under the radar.

Everything about this update for DPS side was a complete waste. Electro genesis dot by itself is hitting under 200's before it would hit 300's with 5-600 crits. Electrocute does less damage. The burst powers by themselves do less damage like wtf devs? When has electric been overpowered laty that it needed this harsh treatment. The burst damage from static push is so terrible that u may as well just use the dots which are terrible. Like ughhhb! What a waste of everyone's time including your own. And the last 2 weeks of testing they switched to this and ignored everyone's disgust for it.

Everything changed. At first on test dots could be used as long as voltaic bolt (dot refresher) wasn't used. Also static push was hitting 4k consistently after each WM combo with its dots up as well. Now if any dot is up you won't get a WM crit from static push. But even if u don't use dots static push is still only hitting 1.5K. No offense but I think electrics got HL beat in the nerfed department.
    • Like x 3
  19. Chipjacson New Player

Ok Devs you did an amazing job on the electric healing side but the dps is very mediocre if you wanted to go burst instead of forcing us use the Am. EVERY dot cancels the WM crit bonus my question is why? The only thing imo that should cancel WM is voltaic bolt which is the bread and butter of the new mechanic. The dots are good but not that good to where you need to cancel the wm bonus from using them. Imo without the dots cancelling wm it would be closer balanced to a top tier dps power like rage.
    • Like x 2
  20. Redscreen5 New Player

Ah I see. Looks like both of us can bask in disappointment.

DLC11 couldn't come soon enough
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.