Add a 4th color palette

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Gerry, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Gerry Well-Known Player

You Know there r characters w/4 colors
    [IMG]

Take wonder woman 4 instance

now heres mine
    [IMG]

she's got that New 52 look but no gold
    if i change the white to gold she would be out of character so plz add a 4th color palette

I started a petition on Change.org let me know how u feel about this.
    • Like x 4
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I am in support of this. Don't know if it will ever happen, but I would love it if it did.
    • Like x 2
  3. Statman New Player

It's been mentioned by the devs that they won't be doing this, as it would put a lot more strain on the PS3's RAM (as RAM would be storing a fourth pallet colour for every person in the loaded area). This is different for NPC's, as they are only one character.

I do remember there was a (poor quality) fan video from an SOE live somewhere around ages ago. It was a Q&A and someone asked this question and it was a flat out no - but it is uncertain (from memory) whether that was in reference to a fourth colour pallet to select from, or a fourth colour coded into each style piece (at least in terms of the answer, the question was about a fourth colour pallet).

Either way, it's very unlikely we'll see it, sadly. I would very much like it myself, but I've dealt with it and I'm not losing sleep over it anymore, haha.
    • Like x 2
  4. Crimson Jonni New Player

A fourth color palette would be awesome. Every pallette added offers like a thousand more customization options
  5. Gerry Well-Known Player

im Speaking to USPC Only
    & plz sign the petition
  6. Mont New Player

This thread again?, they said no to it last year not sure y , but it's a no
    • Like x 1
  7. Gerry Well-Known Player

its not just wonder woman w/4 colors there r others
  8. Vyltran Loyal Player

No lol.. USPS can't handle this... and you want it for USPC only?... certainly NO...
    • Like x 1
  9. Mont New Player

On 1 platform? He really is in a fantasy world now
    • Like x 3
  10. Gerry Well-Known Player

11. Mont New Player

Doesn't matter what server. Ps or pc they said no
  12. Gerry Well-Known Player

lets just see if we can change their minds
  13. Mont New Player

Fell off chair
  14. Gerry Well-Known Player

ouch
    [IMG]

u ok there?
  15. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

The game is a whole package everybody gets the same thing they are just separated by territory and devise they use, so PC and PS get all the same stuff but they just cant play together.

That said as has been stated the powers that be have said more color palettes wont happen. There are multiple reasons why, the main being it would take a complete redesign of every costume in the game sense everything is based on the 3 palette. This is a massive undertaking that would take a great deal of time and effort that would be taking away from everything else that needs to be done. Now every time this subject comes up (which is like every few months since the game came out) someone tries to say that there's a way to do it easily but they don't work for DCUO and have no real idea what the code for the game is like, so I tend to go with what the Devs say on this.

Would an extra color be great? Yes. Is it really necessary? No. There are far more important things that could be added, fixed or changed in the game than a 4th color.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gerry Well-Known Player

ok
    [IMG]

i thought of giving it a try, i was anticipating answers like that. what would be missing if they did add a 4th color palette is added?

[IMG]

well they did add WM w/out any lose of anything in the game. sounds like excuses that keep them from adding anything else.
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Performance, obviously. And I don't want to be a smart-..., especially since I learned about the stuff just some weeks ago here on the forums, but Wonder Woman is in terms of comic coloring no 4 color-toon. Comic coloring works with registered colors - most cases 3 - and shades of them as well as unregistered black and white. Depending on the artist, the silver of the bracers etc on her costume are either colored with a shade of the blue or with a shade of the unregistered white.

So you'd have a much better chance in asking about adding either plain black or plain white automatically to the palettes as number 4 and be able to pick on of that colors for each of the 3 slots a costume piece max has. Adding a 4th slot or a full customizable 4th color to the palette will be a straight "No".
    • Like x 1
  18. Mont New Player

I remember last year they had a better color editor during game after u got off ship, but I day a update changed all that, I miss that option
  19. Gerry Well-Known Player

performance? it wasn't affected when they added Weapons Mastery,
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

it has to do designs to clothes, they would ave to change all of it, redesign them to fit each body size.