We Need Jobs. Some Ideas.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ethromel, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Octantis New Player

I would absolutely love some Secret Identity minigames or daily quests. They may not be popular with everyone (but Lairs weren't either), but some people just want 8-man raids and nothing else ...
    • Like x 2
  2. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

What the game seems to NEED... is a return to the format of missions that came before Level 30. Solo missions that spanned an entire city to accomplish. Each one was a story in and of itself. I love the group content, don't get me wrong. But come on, devs...the solo missions where I'm NOT the character I created have my complete passionate hatred. I feel forced into loadout that is cumbersome and a pain in the **** to learn, along with the fact that my own gear has absolutely no bearing on stats, but somehow gets damaged anyway, its just not...fun. I'm sure the PVP legends fans love them... but to have those story-centered solo missions back where we are the heroes/villains helping forward the story of the main protagonist/antagonist, THAT would be utterly cool.
    • Like x 4
  3. Ethromel Well-Known Player

The point of the idea is that ALL superheroes in the comics have a daytime job. The idea is excellent, so its kind of ridiculous what you typed, but I don't expect anything less from people that can't see pass themselves. Moving on....:cool:
  4. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Actually, my money is more than fine, and I have all the collections rare and common. The idea proposed are for the other people. Its funny how so many people practice hypocrisy. If this idea were proposed by a dev, far more people would be happy with it, because it means that things that are too expensive now would be more affordable later. There would be new missions to do as much as you want. There would be a more clear focus on helping players make money, and it would allow players to role-play.

Much of the DC populace were against the Home Turf DLC and now you can barely find ONE player that isn't using the amenities and/or the bonuses having a lair offers. So all of you with your negative mindsets can give yourself a break and the rest of us that have to suffer your inability to see the BIGGER picture. Nevertheless, thanks for taking the time to read the OP.
  5. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I bet you have time for Home Turf, and the orbital strike, the henchmen, and the drops that are at your disposal, after most likely rejecting that idea too. At that time many saw it as pointless to have lairs and dismissed it as the devs turning the game in to the Sims, and now EVERYONE or near everyone is using the DLC or wishing they could (if they can't afford it).
  6. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i wouldn't mind some kind of secret identity type of thing to surface up in the game but there would there be much difference between say killing and running ten reapers to a drop off point and say snap ten photographs of iconic heroes and bring them to your editor, to me one sounds more exciting and super heroey than the other. of the two lairs i maintain one is for my mains secret identity, is titled with his "real name" and apartment number the way it would look on any apartment building and then the other is my teams secret base and is designed to look more like a super hero teams headquarters. anyone in game can already do this. How would we set such a thing up? Give us an instance where were in our office, we get an emergency call and then have to deflect boss aggro to go save the day? Make it a cut scene?

All of my toons are part of the same team and have their own id's, back stories and origins. My group is supposed to be funded by Loren Jupiter. The billionaire who backed the Titans for a few issues back in the silver age. My main has full access to his resources. I would hate to see something put into the game that actually detracts from the back stories my characters are supposed to have. Most of us already overlook the fact all of our powers come from exobytes given to us from a future Luthor when devising our toons origins.

Money is an important resource in the game. if it wasn't the cash cap on premium and freemium members wouldn't be such a hot button issue. Its difficult to get ahead in the game without learning how to generate lots of money but it isnt difficult to learn how. For subscribers who dont have to worry about a cash cap you can generate millions knowing where to farm and getting that lucky drop be it a rare style item, plan, bits/bytes, base item or by crafting things to sell on the broker.

I remember early on having my gear broken to useless and not having enough money to fix it. I went into the vault to get a couple hundred bucks and ended up freezing locking me from that bump of cash for the day. For some reason now that i know how to make money in the game i have a house rule where i will never let the balance on my main cash ever drop below ten million. this is to insure i have enough cash on hand in the event of an emergency...whatever that may be and I usually have about 20 mil on average between all my toons and i dont even really try that hard to make money in the game.

If the devs could make it work it could be a good thing but dont kid yourselves into thinking having a "RL" job for your toon will generate you the kind of money it takes to buy the top dollar items from the broker. It will be more along the lines of the kind of cash you generate from doing bounties or the doing five good deeds/villainous acts or a daily trip through the vault...

*and fishing...seriously?
  7. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Good points, but make no mistake about this.... it takes two to tango. News Flash: I don't have to say a word for people to be hateful, disrespectful, dismissive, or arrogant. More often than not, its the people that reply to an OP that represent being the "proverbial behind" in the matter. They will say something short of the intelligence bar and expect you to not reply in kind, and if you do reply, a post like the one this is replying to can be expected. You know why? Because people always forget about cause and affect. Or people that disagree don't know how to express themselves in a critical way, that still exudes respect and logical reasoning. They rather insult you first and expect you to keep your mouth shut.

The idea in the OP has nothing to do with the creators personality, and anybody that recognizes that will be able to see the OP as its own stand alone (hopefully) good idea. In the future maybe you can work on offering "a constructive series of responses to the idea", since you recognize that as being a short-coming on you the viewers part. I know most people will see how I'm trying to help the overall community. I would love someone to tell me how the idea breaks the economy.
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

I guess when you think about it though how many superheroes have cool jobs on top of being a superhero.... Bruce Wayne? Corporate bigwig. Spiderman? Photogripher. Superman? Reporter. Steel? Corporate bigwig. Booster Gold? Corporate spokesman. Nightwing? Not sure but I bet its awesome. Star-fire? Alien royalty. Aquaman? King of his own undersea kingdom, Wonder Woman? Not completly sure but gonna go with Amazon Princess as her day job. Matian Manhunter? Um... Alien Diplomat? Green Lantern? Airforce Pilot/intergalactic cop. Professor X? Headmaster of his own school full of super powered individuals.

Come to think of it a lot of superheroes have really awesome day jobs don't they? That said I could see comicbook jobs working alot like this:

Sanitation Engineer: Maintain sewers systems, Remove garbage and blockages from choke points to keep things flowing, fix leaks, and try not to get eaten by the monster of the week that's decided to make it's lair down there.

Garbage Man: Pick up trash, inform cops of body dumps, identify hazardous materials, try not to get eaten by the giant mutant rats hiding in the trash....

Photographer: Take pictures of major action, catch images of iconic heroes... Photograph incriminating evidence of villainous deeds and either turn it in the the authorities(Heroes), or blackmail the other villains.(Villains)

Burger fool: Flip hamburgers, serves customers, try not to get shot when the place is robbed.

Bank Teller: Handle other peoples money, loan money to other players, try not to get shot when supervision rob the place.(Or if you are a villain you can try to embezzle some of that cash for yourself and hope nobody notices it missing...
    • Like x 1
  9. Octantis New Player

I would also propose Delivery Boy, which could be anything from pizza to newspapers. Have a time limit to reach a certain building, or buildings to complete the mission. Stop/perform a random crime (such as a robbery or mugging) mid-route to gain a bonus.
    • Like x 2
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

You know what would make these jobs really interesting? Incorporate them into open world PvP, and then offer PvP marks to those who complete them, as well as those who KO those trying to complete their job mission...
    • Like x 1
  11. winter13 New Player

No thank you...this isn't a rpg. I already have a real job, I don't need another one in-game.
    • Like x 3
  12. Bokugo New Player

So.............professions? I mean this game is lacking in a lot of areas other mmos have standardized so Im not too opposed.

so like at character creation (or elsewhere down the line) you pick a profession to help make money/things easier.
    You could be a soder cola vender making very specific/vast colas for peoples needs (you could have a soder that gives vitalization and precision for the dps, health and restoration for the fire tank or one that gives a balance increase to all stats etc).
    Or a collector who could get discounts when combing bits or recieve a higher chance for more bits at collection points.
    An armor/weapon smith that can create special weapons with abilities similar to the cc ones and have stats distributed to how they desire (within reason)

There are a number of things they could do......but can't/won't due to so many limits unfortunately.
  13. dozer New Player

No thanks, I already have a REAL job. I play to relax not work.

I don't want anymore grinding jobs added to the game. I want combat mechanics and new combat content.
    • Like x 2
  14. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

My take on jobs in 8 minutes
    So im thinking jobs should consist on something we already do maybe tie into an auction house/(black market for villian's) which would introduce 3 jobs.

Auction House- located in each hub, the house take 10%, each mission consist of a buyer price and a job reward price. Mentor are granting certain players new abilities depending on their job.
    • Collector-Tech and Magic players who choose to be a collector will gain a iconic Collector pet
    • Bounty Hunter-Meta and tech players who choose to be a BH will gain a iconic Hunter pet
    • Enchanter-Magic and Meta players who choose to be a collector will gain a iconic Enchanted pet
    Jobs should grant cash, a specific stat boost and once you pick a job your stuck unless you use a job token.
    Each job will have a checklist in a book, which will come with daily, random and event missions from the hub that specifically cater to your job rewarding cash and special rewards. Each book will pinpoint every location and instance you will have to travel towards in order to complete your job.

Jobs
    Collector- your job will be to fulfill a never ending list of demand for supplies. Players will have to chance to go to the auction and place an order for (and) x amount of exobits ,material and base items. You will also receive generated mission from the hub plus players orders.
    • Collect exobit's
    • Collect armor & weapons
    • Collect base items
    • Stats- plus 75power and 15% increase on all cash received

Bounty Hunter-your book is full of unlimited bounties ranging from every boss, bounty and mob in the game,. Your book has pictures of your enemy with location and x amount out times you have to do it .Once you defeat that enemy a X appear over their picture.
    • Eliminate- so many mobs
    • Eliminate-eliminate bounties
    • Eliminate-eliminate bosses
    • stats: plus 5% attack crit and 20 might

Enchanter-are unique because their book is full of spells. Spell range from crafting attacks, defense, passive, auras and summoning spells. These abilities will consist of legend abilities and entire loadout for a short time
    • collect material
    • craft material
    • sell them to the auction
    • you get discount from spell and u cant use them, so once craft they become locked
    • stats: plus 50 dom
  15. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Ok let me weigh in here..."jobs" involving collecting bits to keep the hordes from getting them WILL break the economy. Fewer players will have them for mods/selling if other people are grabbing them for some 'job' that puts them...nowhere. Once THAT happens, the prices of those things wouldn't just shoot through the roof...they would successfully leave earths atmosphere, punch through mars' atmosphere and back out again, and crash land somewhere on Saturn. And that is just the exobits...just about everything else you mentioned is mired in a criminally flawed reasoning, and to be honest...everyone would hate such a feature. The majority of people who are against the economy status quo are the premiums and free players who CAN'T buy a stack of bits, let alone even one. It is all priced outrageously beyond their in game money caps. I became legendary, started collecting, and built my millions in a very short period of time. POINT IS: The items may be expensive, but money is available. The economy might be very high-yield, but IT IS STABLE. Above all else, THAT is the important thing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kira_kun Active Player

1. Seems like something for leagues/guilds, where you go around fighting other leagues/guilds and capture certain areas. And from there start charging rent to the people who have lairs/hideouts in your area.

2. & 3. Probably too tedious and troublesome for some. Plus the targets and locations won't be easy to find. It'll be like having to do exploration feats all over again.

4. That's a job for the local sanitation. I'm a superhero/villain. Not going to turn myself into a janitor. Besides, if I was playing clean-up crew, the locals would be out of a job.

5. Exobit collection doesn't need to have a job. People are already farming exobits as is.

6. Nah, I'm sure the local law enforcement agencies can handle a few riots and uprisings. But seriously, I think most quests have incorporated this in the main and side quests in some way, shape and form. And fighting superheroes/villains is already in the form of bounties.