New 52 wins!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mathalos, Jun 20, 2014.

1. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

new 52 ftw i hope they bring in new 52 batman beyond
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

Newb? Dude I have Back tracked my comic book History and knowledge in the DCU as far back as when superman was Pulling powers out of his A$$ just to move the "Quality" Story along.I have boxes and boxes of Cash dumped comics from both Pre and Post crisis (I have more Post Crisis cause thats the era and art i prefer). There are alot of Because we are the Justice league we simply exist and evil doers are defeated stories and then there are alot of mishandled superhero stories. DC Comics and Marvel comics have both had their fair share of horrible stories but to selfishly conclude that the N52 as a whole is trash is someone so stuck in the past that they cant even begin to see the future, or even want to see the future. Would You prefer for the stories where Supes single handedly Destroys every opponent put in his way or the ones where he shows his heroic struggle to do the right thing? admit the N52 has its share of bad WRITERS but majority of the change IMO is in the right direction.

WW needed a reboot no writer did her justice the way the current writer is doing her justice
    Superman needed more Lime light to be put off as DC's premier Hero so he deserves the mulititude of books he has with the artist they have given him
    Batman has always been the dark gritty and Moody part of the DCU why change that formula now? I cant actually think of ONE bad Batman story that the N52 created that ppl HATED or Backlashed about.

what do Mature comic book readers want? what is a Mature comic book reader? are you looking for blood and guts? or are you looking for drama? what is YOUR definition of a Mature comic book reader?
    • Like x 1
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

I hated the WW but individually but that's a matter of taste. I heard from sources I trust that Animal Man was good for about 6 months. 6 months isn't what comics is about. 50 years is. It's also not about individual good story arc in specific standalone titles. Its about the universe as a whole and how all the characters interact and fit together.

Im sure not every story in the crap52 is garbage but the overall concept, the entire "reboot" is 100% weapons-grad baloneyium. iMage comics had a few good stories mixed in with that truckload of garbage too but overall the whole comics universe was just badly produced on many levels. The same is true of the crap52.
  4. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Any reason why mentioned?

That seems to be an extremely long time for just a legends character. I thought that these would be released weekly like they were already on stand by to celebrate this Batman anniversary period.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If I remember the Batman 75 livestream right, they mentioned that there'd be the classic blue version first, then at least one more after that that hasn't been announced yet, THEN the vote winner would be introduced in-game. Not 100% sure on that, though. Might not hurt to check the replay of that livestream to see.
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

okidoke cheers bud
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No problem, in fact I just watched the replay. Right around the 12:40 mark in the video they said they've got the next one after the Classic Batman made and then after that will be the vote winner, but the vote winner might not be in until near/at the end of the year.
  8. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

They also said that the one after blue one is already ready and that all of them gonna be available in different ways - blue one with marks of legend for everyone, one after that probably gonna go the same way as supergirl(marks of legend for legendary and marketplace for everyone else) because they said members gonna be happy about it and they did not said anything about the way poll winner gonna appear.
    • Like x 2
  9. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I love the new 52 batman.... Glad he won.... haters keep hating!!!
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree w/u. And why cant the skin be a different bats with all new abilities? This entire things was very dull to me. I could care less about a legends skin. I know some people do care but considering a whole lot of people on here are always saying we need more content i have no idea why people got so excited about this. Imo the time and energy that went into creating this could of went into something alot cooler. Or they could of just gave the skin to every1. 150 marks? Yea ill NEVER get it.
  11. kemj25 New Player

I'm not sure you should even bother. If some guy is gonna immediately write you off as a "comic-newb" because you disagree with him, I doubt anything else you'll have to say will change his mind.

When someone immediately defaults to name-calling, it illustrates their stubbornness pretty well.