Hypothetically: What Would Make You Quit This Game

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TrueOlympus, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I saw and laughed.

I immediately logged in and ran to a sparring target, casted MT and watched as 6 numbers from the high 200's to the mid-low 400's rolled off it. The DOTs should be buffed and I plan on making my opinion well known when/if the WIP thread comes up. Nobody thinks MT is OP and I mean absolutely nobody.

But thats another thread for another day.
    • Like x 5
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

If u saw jens interview on ign about 6 weeks back he said there is 7million ps3 accounts and 1 million ps4 but they make more $ off the ps4 players than ps3.
    • Like x 1
  3. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You shouldn't rate the importance of a certain customer group just down to the dollars made from them. There are synergies to take into account: PS3 and PS4 play on the same servers - USPS or EUPS depending on location. The large number of players around - provided by PS3 users - gives the PS4 users the impression of an active and highly frequented MMO. Say you cut off the 7 mio PS3 accounts at once - don't you give the PS4 users the impression of a quickly dying game and thus incentive to leave as well as soon as possible?
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Um all i did was respond to some1 else and tell them what jens said in an interview. I didnt rate any importance or imply anything. Again simply stated what the man said, relax.

And the simple fact is that they will stop supporting the ps3 at some point. Look at proxystars post in this thread. He hits it right on the head. Soe is a company and all companies main priority is to make $ to survive. At a certain point when they are making so little $ from the ps3 community im sure they will stop supporting it, whether people like it or not. And at a certain point ps3 will be 100% holding this game back. It already does this to a point. And supporting a machine thats 10-15 years old with outdated hardware is just not good business. When they say indefinitely that means as long as until they dont, meaning it could be 2mor or 5 years from now.
  5. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

- Real life barriers
    - Perma-banned
    - Role exclusion inhibiting my support geared villains
    - Villains behaving as bad as heroes consistently
    - DC servers shut down
    - Characters get deleted and can't be restored cause its been near 4 years of work on one...
  6. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

From a business POV correct, but inconsequential: It's more money to make of "sunsetting" DCUO and start over with DCUO 2 (if they have the license again, another important point) and keep the PS3 out of it from the start instead of generating a couple of millions unhappy players directly connected to their main brand. Also, it would be way easier than removing/replacing all the PS3 related and thus restricting code from the PS4 client version. My guess is they already collect ideas for the sunsetting weak like this "na, this over the top for a DLC, but keep it in mind for the shut down event!" ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Personally, I think the main reason why I would completely quit DC Universe Online is if another company made another DC MMO, or if there was a Marvel MMO similar to DC Universe Online. DCUO has so much potential, but I feel like they're not using it. When you compare DCUO to another superhero MMO like Champions Online, there is certainly a difference.

Champions Online, in my opinion, doesn't have a better story line, but it sure does have a lot more customization options. That is the one thing that I think DCUO needs to do better. In terms of powersets, I don't have a problem with them because they release new powers with DLCs (almost) constantly, but with things like weapons, movements, and even some costumes, it just seems so limited.

I also don't like the fact that you have to buy DLCs and other in-game equipment to advance in the game (then again, it's their way of making money). Once you get into Tier 2 and beyond, almost everything requires a DLC. I also REALLY wish they would bring back the "Lifetime" deal again! I feel like so many people would be "Legendary" players if that deal was brought back into place!
  8. Shift New Player

If the Devs never get a clue to what balance is.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly. MT was in no way shape or form OP. Talk about the power getting a nerf before it can even hit W.I.P
  10. fyshinatux New Player

Ban of any period of time that is unwarranted. I received a month long ban from another game for gold buying/selling... when i wasn't. The reasoning they gave was that I dropped 700 USD in the cash shop over the course of a month, nevermind the fact that EVERY PENNY spent, could be found ON MY CHARACTER (except the consumables that COULDN'T BE SOLD/TRADED IN GAME that I had used...).

I'm sorry, but if you're going to treat a customer that drops that kind of money in a month like that... You don't deserve my business.

DCUO dying.
    Real life issues (my job happens to be picking up at the moment, if it continues at the pace it has been, DCUO will have to take a back burner so I can work on my future :()
  11. Canadian Justice Committed Player

What would make me quit the game?

There are very few powers in this game that I find both visually enjoyable and fun enough for me to play. For me it's more about how well a power feels/ flows than how well it performs. Light is a shining example of this. Although still very effective, a few updates back it lost the fluidity in it's combo system. This to me ruined the power to the point I no longer cared to play it. Quantum and Mental I can't play due to each power having a migraine trigger in them. Gadgets, Nature, Sorcery, Celestial, Ice and Earth are all powers that for one reason or another I just don't find fun.

Right now there are three powers I enjoy enough to play, Fire, Electricity and Rage. Should those three powers change to the point they no longer have the feel I like to them then I'd have no reason to stick around. The good news is Rage is still very enjoyable, Electricity's future is looking good and Fire is due for a revamp soon.

Of course if content stops being fun then that too could lead to me walking away.

Interesting environments, unique obstacles to overcome rather than just high health enemies that hit like trucks leading up to bosses with insanely high health that hit like even bigger trucks, real actual 100% non optional splits in raids and please no more operation content like we see in alerts. That would make content fun. It's too bad we don't get to see this type of content in this game much anymore. Though I guess since I haven't quit over the lack of this type of fun content it doesn't much matter what the actual content is as long as it's new and the character I play is enjoyable.

If enough of my league quit then I'd be gone in a heartbeat, no way will I go back to the toxicity of the pug community as my main way of progression.

TL;DR If I no longer enjoy the powers I play or my league quits then I quit.
  12. Statman New Player

Boredom, the same reason I'd leave any game - coz it just stops being fun. DCUO is just a game, no more special than the others.
  13. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

1. If the game stops being fun.
    2. The second they try to screw over premiums. I doubt they will try again consider premiums pay for content directly.
    3. If there is another OC incident where leagues break apart again because of content.
    4. If the Quantum revamp sucks. Thats my childhood dream they are going to be messing with in the future.
  14. Chosen One New Player

1. Marvel makes a real mmo.
    2. The gadget awesome mechanic is garbage.
    3. Game stops being fun.
    4. Another superhero mmo comes out on ps4 with better character customization.
  15. kraptastic Well-Known Player

I made no such assumptions. You did. Reread without them.
    I simply am stating that the business will not support a model that isnt making the maximum amount of money. They will never admit to losing a playerbase. It would negatively effect the public view of the game. Players want to be a part of something big. If its getting smaller they leave. There are a ton of great games just shown at e3 that will take this ps4 playerbase if they dont invest more in it.

Ive worked in sales and retail all my life. One thing I learned is that profit is king. Either by volume or price. Whichever nets more profit gets attention. This game WILL last a long time. If it stays with the ps3 it wont grow much. But players will come and go there isnt any real ps3 competition. There wont be either. The ps4 on the other hand...
    Anyway....if you really wanna see this game grow....the ps3 isnt it. If you are happy with what you got...ps3 is it.
    • Like x 3
  16. No thx New Player

Grow in what way.
  17. DoIAmuseYou New Player

When i buy my ps4.
    Far too many good games coming to ps4, i doubt i'll keep paying 15 a month for this mess.
    • Like x 2
  18. kraptastic Well-Known Player

My point exactly. Thank you. Only a matter of time.
  19. kraptastic Well-Known Player

How much more do you think they can add with the ps3? Two more dlcs? Three? Five? Potential Is limited.
    How many more powers? Animations? Why do you think they changed what seems like every animation to a pitch?
    I personally dont want eeverything the same just so we can cram more into a ps3.
    • Like x 2
  20. Pandora Demon New Player

If the Devs reveal they intentionally made Precision dwarf Might( Naw, I'm joking). But what would make me rage( not quit) If they keep WM far better than "AWESOME" Mechanics.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.