Any progress on league rank bug?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Tiime_Lapse, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

I know the devs said they are looking into this problem about 2 or 3 days ago but is there an estimated time of fix or is this gonna b another problem that drags on forever? I know many ppl including myself would like to see this fixed ASAP. Please keep us updated!
    • Like x 4
  2. Dametria Loyal Player

Agreed. I think just letting us know if the problem has been identified would be appreciated. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you would read the test server patch notes, you would realize they are testing a fix. If it works, we could see it in a few days as part of a hot fix, but at the latest add post of the next game update.
  4. Doc Holliday New Player

Same as the MoT cap. Soon™
  5. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Mepps, post: 2597963, member: 6"]We are working on the fix for this. Thank you for your patience.

Mepps posted this in another thread. So they are aware.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dametria Loyal Player

Thank you for your snarky but still informative reply. I looked in the bug report section since normally that's where they post updates to bugs affecting LIVE servers.
    • Like x 1
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Whenever PC Test is up, bug fixes will typically go up there first as sometimes a fix for one thing will break another thing. You wouldn't want the fix for league promotions to go live and armories to stop working now would you (as an example, it would likely be something new or changed in GU37 instead).

Considering this fix has been on test since Monday, its not looking too good for it to get here before GU38, but I wouldn't mind being wrong here.

Also, this is at minimum the 5th thread on this subject and the Dev team usually only responds to one.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I was just curious on what changes happened on EUPS in yesterday's hotfix and noticed this

So EUPS3 players can once again promote league members, but not EUPS4, EUPC, USPC, or USPS (the server with the highest game population from what everyone keeps saying). I thought the PS4 patching system had been fixed, so they could receive updates like the PS3 now. Also, if the fix works and can be put into a hotfix, why isn't out to everyone yet? I guess this alone isn't worthy of a hotfix in their eyes?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

I completely agree that if EU got the hot fix we should of by now...... Complete BS
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Last night's test server update had a fix for another League bug. New members had to log out and in again for the league name to show up under theirs for other people. Not sure if this bug popped up from the fix from the league rank fix. If it did, that might be why we don't have it yet.
  11. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Ok.... Now not only have they fixed the league bug for EUPS3 but now they have just dropped a hot fix for the league bug for EUPS4........ call me crazy but shouldn't USPS be the first priority? WTF????????!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

They probably wanted to see if it would work on a smaller populated server before shutting down a larger population only to have nothing fixed.
  13. Statman New Player

Why should any server be the priority? Everyone pays the same amount of money.

It's very likely that it's just because EUPS clients had another bug to fix (local only to these servers), so they pushed out this fix too. Putting out a patch for a single bug is possibly not worth what it would cost in their eyes.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Not sure if this is related or not but i'm having issues adding base permission to my league, every time I write the name it says an error occurred and doesn't let me.
  15. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Why should USPS be the priority? Hmmmm maybe because its the highest population server out of any of them in a time where tons of people are quitting / moving on to other games because of simple bugs like this that don't get fixed for months at a time and new bugs pop up every single update. That's why.
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

From a technical standpoint, this is exactly why it should be last... In rendering a "fix" that in itself could cause problems, you want to start out with a small sample crowd, not do it for your largest population... this allows for additional testing to see if other problems exist or are created from the patch. Once you see it is working as intended, you then push it out to the larger audience.

Doing it the other way around, if you have a problem, then a whole lot more people are unhappy.
  17. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

either way there's tons of people unhappy..... Guess its a lose lose situation until they can do things RIGHT.
  18. TheRealDeathern New Player

Think of it has having a bad hamburger at home, vs. everyone who goes to McDonalds getting a bad hamburger... neither scenario is good, but there are a lot less unhappy people when it impacts a much smaller crowd.
  19. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Hmmmm...... A burger reference....... Now I understand........ XD
    • Like x 1