Okay... i'm having serious trouble with counter mechanics in pve as rage tank

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

I really wish I had more time to make a tank alt. As a troll, I rarely have countering issues because I can pick out my victims from afar. I can see how it would be more challenging for a tank with everything in their face. And that makes me want to make a tank to try all that out. Hopefully one day.

Anyway, don't mean to be out of line, but I think if you take the advice here and up your skill level with rage, you'll get more satisfaction than getting easier content. I've ran with a rage tank or two that use all enemies as their puppets so it can be done. GL with your tanking.
  2. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I'm not saying they are gona be effective...just saying that in tank stance any power is gona buff you. Its part of the mechanic. Just like not needing to spec into resto w/ rage...the heals will work regardless.

Also if your having issues stopping rage crash...whether its a you problem, your getting BB or lag or whatever...maybe try putting galling eruption into your loadout. It will mitigate a ton of damage from rage crash. Then go back into rage mode to heal the damage or use ire.
  3. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Well I rolled out my first tank yesterday. I'm currently rage. I seemed to notice you don't really have to block at all. The only counter mechanics you should have to worry about is if the enemy is blocking. When I get close to rage crashing I'm not doing hold combos so I don't get BB. Seem to work pretty good for me.
    • Like x 1
  4. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Yup like Titan said Holding Melee while Rage Tanking you're taking a big chance. The breakout trinket for Rage Tank is the MOST beneficial trinket you can have.

Yo Titan i made that thread where i trapped ou guys in Tubes at my base lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

That was some funny stuff
  6. Spytle Executive Creative Director

You have to have at least one of the cleanses on your bar to help with this, so you can pop it and then hit the power you use to get immunity from rage crash. However, I like to have a backup on my bar to make sure that i can at least mitigate the damage coming in. I use redirected rage just for that purpose because it is not only a good power on its own, but it is usable while controlled.

I just did a video on this yesterday, showing off the loadout I have fun with, but there are many other options. It really comes down to having a good backup plan (safety net) in case something goes horribly wrong and there is a big crash coming.
    • Like x 4
  7. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Obviously SM & T6 raids are gona be a bit crazier, but in the T6 alert I 1H melee WM the whole time & have no problems. You have to pay attention to whats in front of you though to avoid laying on your back...lets say worst case you do get BB...well then you hit your breakout IRE & your immediately up w/ a heal. I really only block on heavy attacks or to block break & get an immunity.

I rotate WM combos w/ either pulls (e-chain or rage bringer) or juggles (usually push w/ violence & w/o mercy which also pulls them back in - 360 AOE). Each pull or juggle should give you enough time to pull of your next WM combo & back into a pull or juggle in the WM window. Remember If adds can't stand they can't fight, if they can't fight they aren't BB you.

If you keep a steady rotation your health is gona stay buffed up which also helps w/ mitigating damage from crashing...who cares if you get hit for 2-5k when your buffed to 20-100+k health.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tunderer New Player

Spam RageBringer after severe punishment and before canceling rage crash use ferocity to get immunity for a short time if you are still on the ground after ragecrash because you are comboing finishing move use IRE to heal yourself before you can use severe punishment again.
    And ofc use violence for DOT and you will do well .I have no problem if i will spam ragebringer in correct moment and use ferocity and Ire in the right moments too.
  9. Zim New Player

Sometimes during a hard stun for instance you can't use EITHER one of your breakouts. AND sometimes you can't even use your breakout trinket.
    • Like x 1
  10. Octantis New Player

You won't have to worry about that for much longer, at least :)
  11. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

<-- not a rage tank expert, but each tanking power has its ways. rage is NOT a turtling tank power. op watch videos and learn its mechanics better. not saying this in a demeaning way.
  12. Einsam Wilk New Player

you can`t not stay blocked in something like survival. I am curious to see if any rage tank will suvive so many hours without doing any mini mistake.
  13. Einsam Wilk New Player

I think in survival mode every tank will need to turtle..
  14. Zeikial Committed Player

That was my point, you don't just block as a rage tank you attack, counter etc. As far as survival mode I don't see any issues activate your rage meter and you will heal back the damage that is inflicted upon you, if you get countered or knocked down then you use a breakout move and continue on.
  15. Zim New Player

Your right. But it also happens in paradox when the tyrant throws you around the room. Wonder if that stop soon too.
  16. Clip New Player

I guess the no sound bug the last days was the ultimate challenge as rage tank ^^
  17. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I usually play without sound...hasn't bothered me at all but TBH there are days where i have had the sound on & it was detrimental as an indicator because of lag leaving the actual rage crash & sound to be out of sequence. Im on the PS4 btw.
  18. Franchise New Player

wow, surprise rage been out for so long and ppl still dont know the mechanics of it. So much misinformation in this thread about rage tanks

First of all, every single power in when you are a rage tank boosts health when you are a near an enemy. You have to be near an enemy for your health to buff using the power (the only exemption is severe punishment since it adds a 10% health increase also 10% control resitance. more on severe punishment later)

as far health buffing, your health buffs 2/3 of your dominance for each near by enemy. (in other words, using a power around no enemy doesnt increase anything)

for example, lets say you have a dominance of 1500. use a power with 1 enemy near by, your health buffs up by 1000.
    Use a power while 2 enemies near you, your health buffs up 2000. From what i tested, a health buff lasts 10-11 secs.

your complaint saying a loadout that doesnt give health is total false. even ire or ferocity can buth your health when you are surrended by enemies, even the shield.

but wait there's more, severe punishment also do this(duh!!!) if you are surrounded by 2 enemies with 1500 dom, your health gets buff 2k PLUS the 10% health increase from your total health (yes I know, I get godly :eek:)

my analytical skills of rage is great, i know :cool:

so yes, OP, you're just not a good rage tank. If you dont have Ire in your loadout, you already failed. As tom-bot would say "are you really sure about that loadout?"
    • Like x 1
  19. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

It like i'll have my cleanses all the time, and rage's shield? is spytle kidding? this is the worst shield ever made for a tank power, 3 hits and it gone... :rolleyes:

cleanses have long cooldown to be used, sometimes you can mess up everything and get knocked down all the time.

Facing 2 bosses at same time then... lol

what you said is true