Returning Player, differences between Hero and Villain gameplay?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Voltaic, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Ha nice. I give you props for trying. Once in a blue moon I see a brave villain do this. I've been trying to get my PvP bounty feat done and its really a pain in the butt to fly over and collect the poster every minute. I never see villains trying to come close to a hero base...ever. We'll show up right at your doorstep . This is open world and villains run.

PvP usually just ends up heroes vs heroes. It would take way to long to wait for a proper match.
  2. treehunter904 New Player

@ MENTaLCAsE XIII lol I hope ur joking saying villians jump all the time. heros are famous for jumping one person and still getting beat. villain sides won more of these "pvp tourneys" then heros and evertime I q for pvp usually the heroes lose. so I have no clue what server u play on put for PS the villains win a lot more then the heroes
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

im infront of chinatown PD like every day hell my base in down the block from you guys
  4. JonnyD New Player

Fine, we get to dance in the club without getting barred at the door, we get calculator (super bonus right there, funny guy), we get to kill paramedics, steal money, beat up on nightwing, betray wonderwoman, pollute the town's water and wreck public property, and we can visit the arkham assylumn and interact with its residents any time! Also, we get to beat up on cops, that's always a fun one. Screw da law!

thread was worth reading lol!
  5. Brondulfr New Player

If heroes lose more in PVP, that's probably due to the faction being more appealing to casuals. The hero side is no doubt more active than the villains side as a whole, which means there are more more casuals to beat up on. That's just my theory though, not backed by anything other than speculation based upon my own observations.

I've also noticed that the shout chat in both PVE and PVP on hero side is almost unbearable. Maybe it's simply because more people are on that side, but seeing petty arguments in broken English, or people trying to convince lowbies to join the PVP que for hours on end is enough to make me ignore it all together. Of course, those are my own peeves.

But in the end, I'll play whichever side I feel like playing atm. I generally roleplay as a villain, and don't get into roleplaying as a hero. However the Batman Scarecrow mission is probably the best solo mission in the game, so there's that.
  6. TheRealDeathern New Player

Despite much ado about nothing (this side is better than that side, etc.), population is the biggest difference. This allows for more or less bad encounters with players, quicker/slower que times more than anything else.
  7. Cyclotrode X New Player

did anyone mention we get to push people off of buildings?
  8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I love, love, love the music in the night clubs.
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Villain side has cookies!

And we don't have to listen to supes!

It's a win-win!
    • Like x 1