ok when will there be a might mastery!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 3066domtroll, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 3066domtroll New Player

Its cool looking and it helps all those dps that couldnt keep up get better numbers. but all the dps who was always at the top are still at the top, so whatever. but this thread is for those who like to use their powers as their main way of doing damage and not just a modifier for the weapons. im might base and gonna stay pure might,but i notice everyone specing into prec, no might just prec. before people say well it is WEAPON mastery i know weapon use prec. i dont use weapon mastery at all and im always top dps, its just now that since this been out players are kinda keeping up. i really would like to see a might or power mastery.
  2. TheRealDeathern New Player

Super Powers are overrated.

Weapons are king of this game!!!

Wait...this game is a supposed to be a super powered game... when... how... and why did this happen?!?!?
    • Like x 3
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

Weapon mastery is might mastery as well if you don't use certain sorcery/earth/nature pets and nature poison dots. You can probably use the short combos if you want to be might based.
    • Like x 1
  4. LIVETASER New Player

Let me help you out, Never gonna happen. The whole idea of WM is to make you use your weapon more and not spam powers. Anyone using WM will ALWAYS out damage anyone without. All powers is balanced with WM. I watched Ice, nature, sorcery, mental, gadgets dominate. The key is specing into precision instead of full might.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime New Player

You must run with poop dps. There is no way you would keep up with a good dps using WM. Your might powers dont hit as hard. WM is a balance of prec and might. If you time your clip right you get a bit crit chance boost to might powers at the end. Just have to ask, what weapon and loadout are you running while not using WM?

Plus dont run from might yet. There is talk that powers other than electric will end up with a might boost also. Plus all the prec buffs are being nerfed from 45% to 15%. More balancing.
    • Like x 4
  6. Sylo Committed Player

When trollers no longer have to give power:D
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Yes because clearly the weapon trees clearly only cover the use of weapons and not individual fighting styles... We all know that Superman does 90 percent of his fighting with his eyes and breath.
    • Like x 1
  8. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

The funny thing that I have noticed is that the more the Dev's change things the more I see long time players leave the game. I still remember when the rare drop might and precision gear were "balanced" 2 years ago and ever since then the "balancing" had just led to more and more players leaving. 3 years and the powersets are still not balanced as evident by the survival mode runs where Rage and Celestial still reign. WM made dps more efficient but it did not balance anything. Here's to hoping one day they can get it right and quit messing with the powersets every update with ninja fixes.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

So my day begins...

Clearly the super powers in the game have taken a back seat to the weapons, and yet, the game is supposed to be super powered in nature. Odd how that works, no? Not everyone wishes to pew pew pew (maybe that's just two pews now, with weapon mastery), some would prefer to use some of those pretty things called powers, and see their beautiful animations... and GASP! have them do around the same damage as a weapon combo...

Nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  10. fyshinatux New Player

Like my Nature DPS that is spec'd fully toward might, uses DoTs, and did 64.2% precision damage?

Well played weapon mastery... you win this round. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that from an RP perspective that even Superman tends to fight more with his fists and ability to fly than he does with his eye lasers. Not that I'm against powers also being viable, just that it's possible to live the fantacy of being a superhero/villain without constantly relying on your powers for everything. As for a Power mastery, I'd consider that a nice addition though there is the question of how would it work...?

Would it give you new power based "weapon combos" (Basically a weapon combo that executes the use a buffed version of one of your superpowers at the end)
    Would you just be able to invest skill points into unlocking the rest of your power trees?
    Would you be able to invest skill points into unlocking more powerful versions of your powers?
    Would you be able to invest skill points into reducing the power cost of individual powers that you've unlocked?
    Or would it be any combination of the above?

Me I think I'd like a combination of being able to invest skill points into reducing the costs of my powers and unlocking my full power tree... Possibly with the addition of one "Superpower+Weapon combo in each tree"
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

You can still use your powers. Just now at a controlled rate. Freeing up controllers from being power batteries.

If you want to create an Idea for Might Mastery be my guess and put it in the powers and weapons forums.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Perhaps a full overhaul is required? I know, I know... "Just what have you been smoking, Ilunis?" Inspiration, my friends. Inspiration.

What if weapon trees were linked with powers? A weapon tree could "skin" powers and then the Might-based abilities were actually way more powerful and bombastic. Now, you're probably saying "The look of some power delivery is already based on what weapon you're holding, dummy."

This is true; however, what I suggest is merging certain powers with weapons (again, the look changing depending on said weapon). It might make clipping an annoyance for those that love it so (or may make more combos possible for them), but it could give players that super powered feel that is somewhat lacking in the game.
  14. fyshinatux New Player

I would envision it as being able to cast two powers in one.

So Electricity would be able to cast Electrostatic Bomb and Electrocute at the same time, like... throw the bomb, and when the bomb esplodes, you get that animation as well as it creating the storm cloud above.

Not much thought behind that, but it's one idea for how it could work.
  15. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Never i hope. I do not want to go back to power spamming dps. That was the worth thing that happen to this game.
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

Personally I would like to see the day that powers could be upgraded as time passed. In essence, we have all had the same powers since we got to level 30. Our gear and weapons may have changed, but our powers have not. It's super powers that make the game unique. They should be better utilized.
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Upgraded how though? We already have the ability to sink skillpoints into Might to upgrade our powers... Are you talking about getting harder hitting versions of existing powers with new animations? A wider variety of powers? Or just a more direct instant upgrade within the power tree itself?
  18. TheRealDeathern New Player

In my opinion, it could be handled a lot of ways. One way to do it would be to constantly generate experience (it presently stops generating at level 30...). Upon obtaining another level (would be 31...) you have some unnamed "point" that could be added to any unlocked power in your tree, thus buffing it. This could do anything from increasing the size and scope of the power, to perhaps have it tick longer... each power would have several upgrades available for unlocking. So in essence, you would be constantly upgrading your powers as you gained additional experience.

To try and keep it in check, the experience required to obtain the unnamed "points" would double each time, thus making "power mastery" a long but fruitful journey...
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime New Player

Good luck on the balancing. It will never happen. Everytime they change something they break something else. It is super tempting to mod straight prec right now. All our might dmg is secondary to prec dmg. Now things might change when they nerf the buffs from 45% to 15%. I still dont think it will. This is why i have tried to stay balanced in my dps mods. This past year they have gone back and forth with might and prec. In 6months they put the buff in for prec. Now taking it away. Now going to add a might buff. Funny thing is it will prob be like 10 or 15%. The amount of might you need compared to prec to make a real difference in your numbers will make the might buff worthless. Example, natures hivemind. No one runs that for the small might boost. Well maybe 3years ago when a cpl hundred might was good. I think for might to matter we will need a 45% buff for might. That could make it worth it. Not a 12sec 45% might buff. Maybe like 6-8sec. Just enough time to get a WM combo off. Or maybe not a % for all might. Maybe a boost the the WM power crit. Something is needed. Right now if you can be any power. Run pets and buffs and that it. Might dots dont matter until bosses because npc die to fast for dots.

Good luck devs on the balancing. So far have yet to see any kind of balance. Just lots of nerfs, pi added to powers. Powers changed to play like other power..earth/sorcery. Not to say that anyone is lazy or in need of a orig idea or anything. Just saying lets add something to the game that is new. Not rendered copies. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

History proves that it will never happen so u really can't hope for it