A plea to the devs: We don't want dramatic changes to the game mechanics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peacemakaz, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Part of the problem is that the "veterans" (barring a few very nice individuals that do try to help) tend to come off as standoffish when people ask to learn how to do such amazing (not really) moves. When you have the vocal minority (and you are a minority) lacking the ability to say anything without attempting to pat yourself on the back, that tends to engender the blanket assessment that launch veterans/elite players are jerks (some of you REALLY are) and that anything you like should be beaten down until it is gone forever. In this case, your favorite toy is being taken away from you. That thing that makes you "better" than others. Here's an idea: Why not ask the devs to give you your own little server that you can run and only have to play with like minded players? Because it is evident that there are far more that like what is happening compared to those that do not. I like the idea that controllers will have more options without constantly worrying about some ******* burning through his bar in 15 seconds.

Full disclosure: I am actually not a fan of WM's implementation, btw. It needs to be more open-ended.
  2. smoove76 Committed Player

If you want to stay ahead of ANY GAME you must ADAPT---> EVOLVE---> MUTATE. that will Keep everyone else on their toes trying to catch up to you.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I totally agree with you the thing is the people that play the game well and like the same things we do don't come to the forums to complain. And i'm not trying to put anyone down but most player that come to the forums are average or below and have totally different opinions cause they are only here for one reason and one reason only and thats to complain. They don't want to take the time to learn how to get the best results they would rather come here and cry instead of bettering then selves and steeping up their game. They have actually complaint so much about how a player is clipping and they can't keep up dps wise that now clipping is totally ruined and everyone is reduced to holding range 3 times then casting a power. I really hope all the people that cried for the last year are happy what they have done to the game and powers.

Light and gadgets were prob the funnest powers to play cause of how fast paced they played but just cause some players don't like to play so fast paced they cried and had our play styles ruined. I didn't come to the forums and complain someone didn't clip and played slow. I don't care how others play if they have fun playing that way then great for them, but those same people who played slower complained about how i played and took away my fun. How would they like it if the devs made the game so they had to play fast and clip and they couldn't play the way they liked?? Well thats what they did to us.

The forums have ruined this game and the dev's are so out of touch with the game that they actually listened to these people. The forum people think they are a big majority of the game but they are totally wrong. The forums consist of like 300 people and thats not a lot compared to how many play the game. Everyone i talk to in game hates the changes its only when you come here that people support them. If all these people spent as much time on the game as they did on here they would be better players.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lokkii Committed Player

It is slower now, and i think the reason so many people like it slower is in general they werent able to keep up with the fast paced DPS that was pre u36
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Didn't make it past the first page but see the trolls came out in force lol. Look op most people agree with you to an extent regardless of what a minority say here.
    People like the new system because its easy. They now feel beast. Support players who used to rag on DPS for scoreboard chasing are now doing the sane thing(ironic). They don't want to go back to being mediocre.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So sick of people saying that people dont try to help. I have tried sooo many times 2 help new players and 99% of the time i am either ignored or insulted and called names and told i have no clue what i am talking about. I posted a convo i had with a player who was completely lost and any1 could see this by inspecting him. And i was called a ****** 4 trying to help him. And ive spoken with many other vets who experience this same problem. The issue is not the vets/elite players u speak of. Its the bad or new players that are so ignorant and rude and they refuse to learn anything or get defensive when som1 offers advice. If people were more receptive to getting advice and actually listening and trying to learn something the player base would be alot better off. The vet players get very frustrated with new players because when they try 2 help they are ignored. Thats the REAL problem.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

crappy i have 2 agree with almost all of this :) i have found myself that the majority of players on these forums are the below average players. Not all of them, but 4sure most. Didnt know that at 1rst and it can be hard to spot with the way some people speak on here, meaning they sound like a decent player. Then u see em ingame and are like huh? LOL Not putting any1 down, its just not every1 can be great at this game. Wish more the better players came on here tho. And yea most of the forums is people complaining 4 changes instead of just accepting the game as is. Saw some1 last night say "dps are the root of all problems in this game" Now that statement is completely opinion and not fact and imo so far from the truth. Like i said, acceptance is the key, most dont have any :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are committed to cautiously and carefully making the changes that are necessary and beneficial to the game overall in the long run. We know how hard change can be for everyone impacted, and we know that never will everyone agree, but that's why we will be as open and transparent as possible as we go.

We want all players to understand why we're making changes, and to have the opportunity to weigh in with feedback both before and after changes are made. It's an ongoing process in an always evolving online game.
    • Like x 20
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Can you comment on any adjustments youre making to Weapon Mastery? To hear that youre actively looking to adjust the insane amount of damage it puts out on all weapons would help put peoples minds at ease. We were promised that Clipping and awesome mechanics would be viable alternatives, but they arent. For any power. Clipping and awesome mechanics are less efficient and less effective.

My Spin Chop to Dual flurry combo hits for 9-12K consistently (without using power in the crit window.) in roughly 2 seconds. To do that same amount of damage with Mental, the enemies would have to be at >35% health and I would have to use every single power on my bar.
    • Like x 8
  10. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Is what's beneficial to the communtity making the game easier to do damage? Serious question I swear! I wondered this . Overall I can see how it would be beneficial to the game if everyone was able to play at a high level. Is that the goal?
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I understand people want there clipping back, what I don't get is calling for WM to get worse. Ask them to buff clipping. I'm tired of getting my dps nerfed because 1side don't like the other side way of playing. Please tell me where all the dps that WM have made good? Imo the dps has gotten worse. It's so bad i'm out dpsing alot of dps with my troll. The good dps is still goid and the bad dos has gotten worse imo
  12. Falco Committed Player

"I think I can speak on behalf of a lot of long time players, both long time PvPers, and long time PvErs. We do not want constant dramatic change to the game mechanics"

You are definitely mistaken. The few who don't like the changes have come to the forums creating dupe thread after thread about how the devs have ruined the game. Im not speaking for everybody, I greatly welcome the recent changes and it looks like "a lot of the long time players" have already come to this thread (as well as all the others) and voiced their support of the devs and the changes also.
    • Like x 2
  13. Archangel Rafael New Player

You are wrong. You speak only for yourself.

edit : hrmmm something went worng here...
  14. Archangel Rafael New Player

Doin great guys! Tell Spytle to keep up the good work.

I speak only for myself but as a long time student of game design, the decisions you've made in the last 6 months and the reasoning behind them are spot on in my estimation.
    • Like x 4
  15. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

again this man speaks the truth, everyone i talk to ingame hate these changes they just dont come here to say it
    but the people on this forum usually all the time say they like the changes and the devs go with it and say they got more diversity then ever before with wm makes me laugh so hard at how dumb forum crowds that like these changes want this game to be for them ONLY.
    • Like x 3
  16. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I agree! WM has reenergized the game IMO.
    • Like x 3
  17. Radiohead New Player

95% of ppl on forums are terrible. #TRUTH
    • Like x 4
  18. Feenicks New Player

Poll data please?
    • Like x 2
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

I mean but who is the main people affected by this? DPS

But who really cares about the DPS?

Devs are doing great
  20. Valsmurf Loyal Player

your post reminded me about finishers. Most finishers can't compare to the crazy dmg done by wm combos. It seems totally out of what and makes them obsolete. Why use a slow power that consumes your blue bar and does mediocre dmg, when you can use WM for fast, power-free and ridiculously high dmg?

I also think they should consider buffing our powers rather than nerfing WM too much. Maybe a small reduction is in order, but it would be much more fun if they made our finisher hit for 10k+ or gave our Dots 3x the dmg or made slight power cost reductions so that clipping wouldn't be so frowned upon for being power hungry. A combination of those three things would make it really nice i think.