This is what DCUO needs in the near future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Arcpope New Player

Never played those so I wouldn't be able to compare. I'm Not saying we're saints but when players on dcuo seem to think they're the **** I get a good laugh. It just rolls off my back.

If you can find a video on youtube "world of warcraft more D.O.T.s" all raids were like this , fun as he'll though and epic. With multiple people telling you where to be and what powers to use .could you imagine ? You suggest a loadout on dcuo and people freak out . This IMO is the problem , not enough mmo wisdom and for many it's they're first.

Maybe it's me and I just don't notice the bad sort of players.
  2. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

Adding that they have alot more calmer, nicer, and also alot of people over there are not competitive.
  3. Veritasum Loyal Player

Give it time.
    And I wonder how in DCUO survival mode is going on live? And WM was made an update instead of part of a DLC? And why powers get nerfed and buffed incessantly? And teleporters in bases? Longer list, but I'll stop.
    Nothing wrong with liking another game, but your comparisons are lacking in detail. The grass is always greener on the other side. Have fun.
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperiorMouse New Player

how is everyone using cookie cutter load outs any different from using a premade character?

MH is ln't dying. It's doing well because they have a very involved community dev relationship.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dephyre Committed Player

They just need to take all assets from this game and move em over to UE4. Epic.
  6. DCUOPoe Level 30

I like DCUO because it doesn't try to be like other MMO's. I know lots of people that play Marvel Heroes but I haven't myself so excuse me if I come across as blind leading the blind. I think that the focus that SOE takes with the game is they try to improve the game for everybody, even the folks that haven't played the game yet. I think that is why you feel they deliver a light pipeline of content. Since launch they've overhauled the leveling/pre-30 experience quite a few times. Introducing new bounties, bases, remade cities to explore (gotham under siege, etc) giving a broader appeal to get new people to sink money into the game. Things like GW2 sink all of their money and dev time into the endgame pve and pvp. SOE is for sure under a directive to develop content for end-game as well as things that attract new players.

It's an online comic book video game. There is always going to be a large youth appeal. Giving focus to things like base items and styles is ancillary for the revenue flow of the company. While I personally don't like the limited flow of end-game content (the lack of raids in general is frustrating). I like that the devs are aware of their short comings in this regard. They are openly planning the Survival mode to keep us engaged. They laid out their plans for DLC with how much instanced content we're going to be getting well in advance. I think the rewards we receive for being subscribers is far better than most games provide. Week early access to DLC is awesome. Saving money on market place purchases is nice. Access to all DLC packs with the monthly sub is an incredible savings (especially for new players to the game).

One thing that would pretty much "fix" all content woes in the game is a player created content feature. Imagine how nuts a player made raid would be. It's absolutely impossible though because this isn't a PC exclusive MMO. I can't imagine the community being any better than the devs working around the fierce restrictions of the PS3.
    • Like x 4
  7. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

the part in the video around 1:11 is how i expected the Trigon alert to finish...instead we get a demon w/ no manners putting his elbows on the table.
    [IMG]
  8. Veritasum Loyal Player

Well, some people find it a plus to customize the look of a character to the degree that DCUO allows.
  9. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

The point of Marvel heroes is to be a more grown up version of Marvel Super Hero Squad Online. Both Marvel Heroes and MSHSO are more MMO than MMORPG. Describing it in comparison to DCUO is like saying you take Legends PVP in DCUO and give the players the leveling missions.
  10. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

This is a feature I can see going very very bad. I know Chapions Online has a section that you can write in to say your toons background, but I'm not sure if it's available to be viewed by others. I think it was an old Mario Kart game that let you upload images to put on your kart, but I'm not sure if the new one lets you do that.
  11. Crimson Jonni New Player

Hot bacon;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Greenman New Player

Only the min/max crowd is using those "cookie cutter loadouts" (and honestly I don't care if they do). That doesn't mean the rest of us are. As far as premades in an MMO go, Penny Arcade pretty much summed it up around the launch:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

please don't misunderstand me. :) i'm not a fan of the million iconics system either .. i'm rather surprised the game has thrived. but seeing that has made me scrutinize what they're doing over there that is making the game successful. and it's obvious to anyone that plays. they closely interact with their community on upcoming features asking players for feedback but also asking them what they expect from that feature to start with. and another big thing keeping them alive is their monetizing cosmetic features and convenience items.

DCUO still refuses to create and sell us styles. we say we want them but they don't believe us. :( they sell us base styles and weapon styles and they still aren't convinced we want costume styles? it's very frustrating.

and until recently, DCUO offered very little in convenience items. the economy has been based on replays and subs mostly.

and of course communication has been rather dysfunctional and more an afterthought.

MH is not my favourite game but it's successful because it is giving it's players what they want. now just think how successful it would be if they had a custom character creation system.
  14. Zeusgod28 New Player

MH is not my favourite game but it's successful because it is giving it's players what they want. now just think how successful it would be if they had a custom character creation system.[/quote]

If that happened then I definitely would be playing marvel heroes again. I stopped playing after level 10 since I had no one to play it with and the game play wall dull. I did get to play my favorite and only Marvel character I like which I cyclops. If they had a character creation then no doubt I would make a cyclops inspired character
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

You know an update is more of a last effort than an overhaul when the couldn't come up with a name and just used it's release year for it.
  16. Forced Penance New Player

CoX had a "mission architect" where players could creat content and the best/most popular were tagged for awards from the devs. However they had to strip out most of the kill rewards from the player made content because of how easy it was to exploit for loot, cash, and exp.
  17. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Last effort?

Im not sure where you guys are getting your info from but after speaking to alot of MH players , Marvel heroes seems perfectly fine.

Theres nothing wrong over there in terms of playerbase and when i logged in the game was packed with people.

From the info i got the game keeps growing and the community seems quite pleasant.

Shame im not a Diablo fan but ill give it a shot.

Im all for supporting any developers that give to their customers.

What was the last thing SOE done to break their back and give something to their longterm & loyal customers?
  18. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Other MMOs don't rely on a ten year old system to dictate how much content can be shoved on a system. I am sure the Ps3 is great for revenue but not great for adding overhauls.
  19. Buckley Loyal Player

Do you think SOE is doing enough with DCUO in terms of giving back to the loyal players?
    Hard to answer that one, DCUO is not a pure F2P game. Maybe every second month get double RP or every 3 month +50% SC. That would be a incentive to stay subed every month and not skip till the next dlc or so on.

Do you want to see more ingame content for players or are you fine with what you have?
    Other games have systems where you could earn new and exciting things. For instants if you run Smallville in the next hour you could get a trinket that calls krypto to fight along side you (like sidekick). But yes more is better, in the MP and as drops

Do you think their should be more events?
    The Smallville example would be such a event, it does not have to be just a alert or raid, for the next hour when farming exo's you receive double the amount. So events yes, but not like summer event or Halloween event
  20. Malachyte Devoted Player

It's very different in that people don't have an option in MH to create their own characters, choice of weapons powers etc...Heck even how they want their character to look....lol

People that use "cookie cutter" load outs do that on their own accord, because for whatever reason they don't want to come up with something new on their own and rather use something someone else came up with, but that's on them not a limitation of the game itself.