Super Rare Vault drops...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Walker, May 24, 2013.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

I'd also be interested in knowing how many of their loyal customers are Premium players.(Yes some may sub up for a month here and there but mostly just prefer to buy the DLCs as they come out, and maybe replays, what few styles they like in the marketplace, an armory or two, and whatever other marketplace items that strike their fancy...)
  2. Twilight Man New Player

If you run it 1000 times in a day, The Vault will make you dream better
  3. Bast10n Committed Player

TheBirdOfSteel was pointing out that the vault might not be receiving an update because it is still enticing to new players. Something that could possibly give them incentive to subscribe. I was making the argument that it is just as important if not more important to put an emphasis on Subscription Retention.

Although, I would also be interested to see the number of Active premiums, it doesn't really pertain to the vault. A Premium player only has access to the vault every three days and is unlikely to have exhausted the Vault loot table. However, having the data of Players who own all of the DLC's would allow SOE to Project Revenue with each DLC release. A Savvy business person though, would be more interested in those numbers with the intent of converting them to subscribers. Its better for revenue and the long term survival of the game.
  4. Blade Damone New Player

Lol, I got one after a month on my alt... I want the batman gloves though
  5. DCUOPoe Level 30

Prodigy posted the meat and potatoes of the vault above. The real drops to look forward to are things like the Bat Gauntlets, Jokers Jetpack, and the Speedster Boots. Those guys are fun to play around with from time to time when you want a small break from your movement mode.
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

Myself here is how I see it:

FTP: A)Convince players that this game is worth spending money on, either through subscription/Micro-transactions or through DLCs/micro-transactions, or all of the above. and B) Keep the servers populated so that your paying customers always have someone to play with. MMO games are nothing without multiple players to keep them going... The more the better since that's what puts the "Massively Multiplayer" in MMO, which is what you're selling.(Players are part of the content.)

Premium: Retaining those willing to spend money on your game, even those who can't afford to maintain a Subscription the whole time.
    (Again players are the lifeblood of what makes an MMO an MMO, and retaining paying players helps to pay the bills, how much and how oftain they pay shouldn't matter too much as they are still part of the very product you are selling anyways.)

Legendary: Just as important as premium but they get better perks for paying a monthly fee. If they miss a payment they tend to become Premium or flat out leave. You don't want them to leave.(So if they are forced or choose to become Premium for whatever reason it would probably be good to ensure that their experience doesn't degrade to the point of wanting to leave.)
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

I just want my darned sharpshooter legs and anti freeze feat. Thats all i ask ZOD, thats all i ask;(
  8. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

The OMAC trinket is actually a decent trinket and has a standard cool down time. It buffs your health by a percentage and also buffs Crit Weapon Chance IIRC. I was using it even more with WM and T6.
  10. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I must be lucky lol
    I've completed the sharpshooter style and obtained both of the gold trinkets.
    I'm still missing Manhunter, and Toyman trinkets as well as the speed and flight trinket.
  11. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Just another case for "account bound beats no-trade" ;)
    • Like x 2