Question on Earth Tank

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Locarthemanbeast, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Now before FOTM comments I have been Earth on this alt for a long time.

I was a pet heavy tank and used damage shift alot. Its now gone. It now says for Brick and Crystal in Tank Role "Transfer a portion of your incoming damage to Brick. Brick uses super powers to repair and defend himself."

Is damage shift always active with Brick? If his power empties does damage shift go away? Also does the troll fill Bricks power?
  2. Owl Devoted Player

Damage Shift is always active on Brick and is not dependent on his power pool.
    The Controller can not provide Brick with power.
    Fortify Golem is the power that you can use to provide Power Over Time to Brick.
    • Like x 5
  3. Spytle Executive Creative Director

As well as a Shield each time it is cast, and his defenses benefit from your Dominance.
    • Like x 11
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

Talk smack on support roles or ask a good question about Earth and that milk truck shows up. Pattern? Maybe it's time I bring up my earth alt sitting at level 6! :)
  5. Dametria Loyal Player

My new earth tank Lesli Knope will appreciate that.
  6. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Ok Question. Damage shift is always running with Brick....what happens when I use Jackhammer? Which one cancels out? Edit: Does the Damage Absorption from Jackhammer not exist as long as Brick is out or does Damage Shift Cancel during Damage Absorption.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

The new and improved Brick is a friggin beast! Dude simply won't die!
    • Like x 4
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

earth tanks in general dont die. if you are dying still, you are doing it wrong. aftershocks for the win.
    • Like x 4
  9. Blade Damone New Player

Earth tanks were always the toughest to kill in pvp, more so than ice... I'm scared now
    • Like x 1
  10. Mister Majesty Committed Player

I will <3 aftershocking until the end of time. Thank the heavens Brick didn't make it irrelevant, as was the common fear. ;)
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

IIRC, Earth already had the highest effective health on paper, and now we can extend absorption duration to 18 seconds with Jackhammer aftershocks, allowing us to keep it up constantly. Ice can't say that, and I'll take absorption over self-heals (Fire or Rage) any day.
    • Like x 5
  12. X-zero Loyal Player

Congrats earth tanks sounds like a great update so far for you all.
  13. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Wait, so you mean to tell me that I can't simply kill off brick and then automatically own you in PvP no more? F#*&!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

In addition to what Jens said, the little bugger also has an Envelop SC heal he can use, but he rarely gets low enough to need it. :D
  15. savageprime New Player

People always cry about ice but that earth tank with brick...smh....just smh.

That earth tank gain control of the node their not moving unless they feel like walking off that node with their own free will.
    • Like x 5
  16. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Answered my own question. Looks like as long as Brick is out you do not get the Damage Absorption from Jackhammer.
  17. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

I love this earth :D
  18. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah, I loved fighting Brick and ignoring the Earth Damage in PVP. Now you cannot do this anymore or they will find you and he will kill you.
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

Ice is really boring to tank with.. I guess I'll go Earth until Fire gets revamped :)
  20. Tunderer New Player

You said on stream that pets got buffed ,but isnt it mean that after a few dlc's they will be in need of a buff once again or the situation with useless pets will come back ? Or i am misunderstanding something.