Why Does This Game Force You To Buy A Supercharge?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, May 30, 2014.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

We all know how this works. Get power point, spend power point in 2 power trees or iconic tree. Each power in the power trees has powers you can choose, some don't open up until you reach a certain level but there is a progression to the tree with levels that need to be reached first. Well, I've reached level 12 and there are level 12 powers that are not opened up to me even though I have the power that leads up to it. This forces me to buy a supercharge power then when I reach 14(the next level I receive a power point) those level 12 powers will be opened. I find this on every power set I've ever done meaning all of them. So, why are we forced to buy a supercharge if we don't want them? The reason why I don't want a SC while leveling is that in the final mission area you get feat points for not using consumables or SC's so they're pretty much useless even if they tend to be badass. So, any ideas as to why?
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Huh? I've never had to buy a SC. You do have to invest a certain number of PP in a tier in order to unlock the next, but doesn't have to be a SC.
    • Like x 12
  3. RapidRay Committed Player

Couple of reasons....

1-30 is a tutorial. You can try them out and learn about power usage as you level up.
    They open up the next set of powers as you level up regardless if you put them in your loudout.
    Once you near Level 30, you'll have enough Power points to respec into the powers you most want and omit the supercharge moves from your loudout for the feats. (and take off your sodas to be sure you don't pop one out of habit.)
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Even if you feel the game forces that purchase on you, there's nothing in the rules that says you have to use it. ;)
  5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Remander is right you can unlock two T2 powers and then get a t3, but you aren't forced to get a SC.
    • Like x 1
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I've never liked how you have to buy useless stuff in the power trees to get something good for your rotation, wast of points!

After you hit level 30 or even a CR level requirement to open up free placement of power points would be the best idea.

But, it's like the Iconic tree has not been updated/revised ever and really needs to be more useful for the higher tiers.

At 104 cr even the innate's are worthless!

IMO!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 2
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Right now I'm leveling a Rage villain. I'm in the anger tree. In the anger tree I have Rage Blast which is the first power in the tree. Below that is the next tier: Channel Hate, Relentless Anger, and Violence. I had chosen Violence. The next power from Violence is Lacerate which is a level 12 power. Rage Blast and Violence are the only powers I chose on this tree. I just reached level 12 and even though I have Violence, Lacerate is not lit up. The only eligible powers for me to get are Channel Hate, Relentless Anger, and the SC's. If acquiring Lacerate requires Violence as well as being level 12, why isn't the power opened up to me at level 12 and the only way it will open up to me is if I buy a supercharge?
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Where is it written that this is a requirement?
  9. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

frankly not many powers out there I have not had a sc in my loadout.
    Maybe sorcery since most of its aren't good.
    For healers its free high end healing over time that cost no power. Trolls its high end power and shields to give to group.
    Tanks very from healing to protecting themselves. DPS is free aoe damage moves without wasting power.

You don't have to invest in them but if your not using one then yourself more.
  10. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Where is it written that you have to buy a SC? It's not written but you can. Therefore it isn't forced on you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

You really haven't figured this out by now?
    • Like x 2
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

How long have you been playing dude? You just have to wait until you reach the appropriate level. Don't have to buy a SC. Just level up some.
    • Like x 1
  13. Archangel Rafael New Player

In the time to took to make this thread you could have gained 4-8 levels.
  14. Red McCarthyism New Player

You'll end up unlocking plenty of stuff you won't end up using. It's normal. Don't ask why, just go with it man.
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUOPoe Level 30

Buy a supercharge or they'll kick your dog.
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Once gain for those who either can't read or who refuse to read. I'm level 12. Why can't I get the level 12 power? Why put level 12 on it if I have to "level up" some more?
  17. SupesIsBestHero New Player

The only supercharges I use is for my troll and healer..and I can play those toons without supercharges
    Wait until you get to level 30 then you can get whatever you want
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

Then I'm sorry because you must be doing SOMETHING wrong. Because in no way shape or form are you required to buy supercharges. Are you sure you're level 12? Maybe you are actually level 11 and didn't notice???
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Um, I'm a college educated man and can tell the difference between an 11 and a 12.
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

Stop being so defensive. Geez. You must be glitched than because I have never been on a character that needed to buy a supercharge. I suggest you just level up some more