How I would have done the Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MariaTenebre, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

[quote="snip" [/quote]
    Your comprehension of what I'm saying is terrible.
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Your comprehension of what I'm saying is terrible.[/quote]

I don't think you get what i am saying either.
    Simply put. You are not a lantern you hold the power of the lantern. What you do with it is your own decision.
    Want to be a hope villan? Go ahead Rage hero? nothing stopping you there.
    According to you gadgets should not be available to flying users due to it being associated to acrobatics.
  3. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I don't think you get what i am saying either.
    Simply put. You are not a lantern you hold the power of the lantern. What you do with it is your own decision.
    According to you gadgets should not be available to flying users due to it being associated to acrobatics.[/quote]
    You're still not getting it. Did you miss the part where I mentioned that we get our powers from exobytes? Guess you skimmed right over that part, eh?
  4. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

The explanation was given by the devs for two reasons.

1) because for some weird reason ppl couldnt understand that Rage isnt necessarily evil.
    2) because DC "okay'd" the power for both heroes and villains.

You can wish all you want man, but neither you nor the devs themselves decide what faction would get what Lantern powers. That decision lies solely with DC. The devs come up with stories and ideas and everything in DCUO but it has to pass with DC before it ever sees the light of day. Blue Lanterns are historically good guys, through and through. Whereas Red Lanterns have been both villains and anti-heroes.

The day DC gives villains Blue Lantern powers is the day villains also get a Superman S shield.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You're still not getting it. Did you miss the part where I mentioned that we get our powers from exobytes? Guess you skimmed right over that part, eh?[/quote]

6. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Check out the lore for the game (power acquirement is even brought up in character creation). Lex used exobytes to get the powers and give them to us. I'm not going to bother with you anymore until you can understand what I'm saying. It is very clear that you do not.
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

What did you think i was saying for the last 3 statmements -,-
    I said 'lex stole the exos and spread it so ANYONE who gets it recieves the powers"
    What they choose to do with it is their decisions..the powers don't determine if they are good or bad. Their own will does. So blue lanterns can easily be villans. -,-
    Please read my posts before you blame me of not understanding.
    Do you want me to increase the size and color it for you?

8. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I read your posts, even though you did not give me the same courtesy. I was stating the point about the exobytes in hopes that you would go back and read my post (the first one you replied to). As you did not do that, you are simply wasting my time. Adieu.
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That is the post i replied to.
    I said AGAIN many TIMES. Lets see i was given the powers of hope by exos. the power of hope WON'T make me good. Its if I WANT TO BE GOOD.
    Just as how RAGE won't make you a bad person. Hope should not and will not make you a bad person.
    You have clearly not read what i said.
    Again another anology. Gadgets are associated with ACROBATICS. That does not mean only ACROBATICS should get access to it.
    Just as how HOPE should not be ASSOCIATED with GOOD in the DCUO LORE. Due you being GIVEN the powers.
  10. Ilunis Dedicated Player

And here we are, with you still arguing with me about something that there was no actual debate on. I have come to the conclusion that you only wish to argue and not actually discuss. Welcome to ignore. Enjoy your stay.
  11. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Blue lantern cant be a tank. He supposed to be healer/troller
  12. Ava1Spade New Player

But this is based on "villains = bad, heroes = good". That's the basis for saying, "but red lanterns aren't all evil" equating to "heroes should have access to rage powers". Hero and villain are merely labels in the game - and they don't define how a character acts (or is played). But in the game, there is a dividing line between who gets what kind of power ring. Heroes get green light, and villains get yellow light. It would be apt to keep the same theme running through the game from one DLC to the next.

But I completely understand your point.

And you bring up the interesting topic of "powers from exobytes". I always wondered why exobytes were responsible for Hard Light characters' powers... We all know they come from rings... And rings don't come from exobytes. I have the same issue with Gadget power players - exobytes don't give Gadgets, gadgets give Gadgets.

Just another hole in a the whole, though.
  13. DragonBeer New Player

I like to think of it as the exobyte gave you the technical intelligence of batmna/joker to create these gadgets yourself.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ava1Spade New Player

I would also like to think the exobytes gave the money and resources to build them as well.