How I would have done the Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MariaTenebre, Apr 27, 2014.

1. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Hi guys I really don't like that in War of the Light Part 1 they had the Red Lanterns to be both on the hero and villains side. What would have been better is if they put the Blue Light or Hope in with the Red Lantern's tank and had it to be Blue for Heroes and Red for villains. Then when it came to the healers I would have the Star Sapphire powers be introduced for Violet Light on heroes and villains since there have been good and villainous Star Sapphires.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I am so glad that you had no say in that decision then.
    • Like x 13
  3. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Red lanterns aren't evil in any sense their alignment is pure neutral in universe.
    • Like x 3
  4. Meta Flare New Player

Jeez, I think your like half a year late to the party.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ramonater New Player

My thoughts exactly lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Every power that comes out will be for both factions, hl green and yellow are apparently the same according to how they function but the meaning behind the powersets are whats different, by that there will not be a specific power for a faction because the powersets will not sell as much.

"Hey I like the hero side better but I wanna try that new Rage powerset out, I shouldn't have to be forced to be a villian to try out Rage, well I'm not buying it":rolleyes:
  7. matth431 Level 30

Remember that, per the game backstory, you aren't ACTUALLY a Red/Blue/Mauve/Aquamarine Lantern - you have powers BASED on a Lantern that were drained by the exobytes. That's why you can have powers cropping up on both sides.

And those who say the blue light of hope isn't really suited for villains are incorrect. I've often heard them desperately hoping they don't run into Batman.
  8. KissMyRing New Player

Hey guys, does blue power will come out by this maintenance ?
  9. Delta795 New Player

No...this one is rainbow powers!
  10. KissMyRing New Player

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking which power will come out soon.
  11. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Wouldn't Star Sapphires be more of a Troller power with CCing and encasements!? Not to mention, aren't they primarily a female-only corp. with a couple of guys here & there!?
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So if this were to some how magically get implemented villans will not have access to blue lantern power set? Where as all rage lanterns in the hero side get to keep their powers?
  13. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Rage Lanterns aren't inherently good or evil as far as alignment goes. Pay attention. Blue, however, is associated with Good, so DCUO may stick with that. May.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Makes no sense. Just has how flying users can use gadgets. Heros should be able to use rage. Braniac took the powers from lanterns and lex spread them which gives ANYONE the powers.
  15. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Your response makes no ******* sense. I support everyone being Rage, regardless of alignment. What I said is that the devs MAY (notice the emphasis on that word) stick with Blue as Hero only and have an alternate as a villain set. My speculation does not make me against any particular power set working on both sides. If that is the route the devs go, no crying from me.
  16. Ava1Spade New Player

Yeah, that would have been the totally apt thing to do. It would be consistent to story.

It would not be consistent to Sony selling lots of Rage power DLC's to lots of people.

$ = decision

...and that's wrong.
  17. Ava1Spade New Player

The people labelled "villains" aren't necessarily evil, either.

This does not follow.
  18. Ilunis Dedicated Player

You obviously haven't been reading up much on the Red Lanterns...there's more than just Atrocitus and Dexx Star. Look at Rankorr, for example. He gained a red ring but has maintained control and has tried to be more heroic in his efforts.

As for us, we are given powers via exobytes. This isn't rocket science.
  19. DC-Doll New Player

Unfortunately, Rage is thr last power for a while. PS3 Couldn't handle a new power do to hardware issues.
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

What if blue power happens to be more stronger then the other power set?
    ...Utter waste of time.. for the devs to focus on making another powerset then actucally following the storyline or could be using that time to work on more pressing issues.
    As stated before BRANIAC TOOK THE POWERS FROM OTHER HEROS/VILLANS AND IT CAN BE GIVEN TO ANYBODY. HOW YOU USE IT DEPENDS ON YOU.
    Therfore you simply hold the power of rage. YOU ARE NOT A RAGE LANTERN.