Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroJPri New Player

off topic but, how about we get Oan, Prime, Nexus, and FoS 3 as PvP maps!? :D
    • Like x 3
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ok, I want a mod to make my melee holds immune to block. It's counter would be stuns. Fair right?

And what you describe in your edit is the definition of pay to win, something you generally want to avoid in PVP /shrug.
    • Like x 4
  3. Shinkamalei New Player

That would be quite welcome actually
    • Like x 1
  4. Nyema New Player

JEEBIE...

"The reason I will not agree to that, is these particular mods do not "cause issues" for me.... So you are essentially saying. "Let's remove these two mods because these are the two mods giving people the most trouble". I don't agree with that at all.
    "
    Giggles response to your proposition.

"So you're not looking for a compromise, you're looking to just get your way. You want these mods that break the system because you use them. I get it Giggles. GL getting your way, back to the ignore button"
    "Take the ones out that cause issues. You would still have your depth/customization just sans 2 options."
    Lol, I think this is hilarious, you say take out the ones that cause issues, then we should just take out rage crash because it is an issue to everybody, lets make a compromise, Rage crash should only be usable in tank mode.... Matter of fact lets take out Rage in its entirety, because their DPS is a threat to my Celestial blood. How about we take out WM too, because that's a major issue, matter of fact let's just take out 1H WM combo in PvP it's too powerful... Lol, you see how ridiculous it sounds now.

Your response to Giggles.

Yet under every post, he states he is for what the devs are for, & that they have the final say, so by you saying that he only wants to get his was is hilariously wrong. Then you have the nerve to basically agree with and quote this other guy stating "So far the only problems i see with HT mods are Tumbling and Empowered Channeling , and so far i havnt got beaten by someone using them yet but that being said i woulnt mind if they remove those two from pvp because i dont use them" Your the one who only wants their way or no way, & this is shows you have a deep problem with TM & EC, in pvp. So for you to come at Giggles right now is HILARIOUS.
    Why does he have to compromise with you? Is he a dev? NO. Does he hold any power, NO! At the end of the day the only people compromising is SOE & the devs on how to make the players happy, & still make them money.

If you didn't have a bias, you would've pointed that out.
    With all of this against you, Anything you've stated is invalid... you've lost all credibility, because of your insensitive QQ to facts, this man/woman/gamer is typing you a reasonable response. I PREFER IF YOU IGNORED ME TOO, if your going to rage QQ like that.
    The nerve for you to say that overriding mechanics is acceptable in PvE, you should either be against it, or for it... Especially on a topic like this, there is no contradiction.
    • Like x 2
  5. Nyema New Player

and no, I said edge, not win.. I've gotten beat by a F2P.
    • Like x 1
  6. Nyema New Player

and I wanted do say Trinidad James, stop spamming me with dislikes, if you dislike what I say, you tell me why you disagree, not dislike every I post & spam it. It's unconstructive.
    • Like x 1
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Done. Maybe we can get back to the majority of the first post ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Nyema New Player

Oh yea Jeebie, the only thing you seem to be QQing about is TM, & it's getting old now. the only thing out of the post you can talk about it TM... yet I gave a whole list of things that are much more imminent then TM, which has been around for how long? Lol...
    • Like x 1
  9. Shinkamalei New Player

Actually I did read that. It's an idea but I don't believe it should be separate. PvP is already crippled with how little people queue up. Splitting it again, will hurt it even more. PvP shouldn't be about how much you can PvE to get all your trinkets. Or as many have said - including you - make it buyable with PvP marks but even that makes me cringe. That's like promoting the use of all of it in PvP - which I disagree with. It takes no skill to use the trinkets. It takes very little to counter correctly or as most do - "turtle". However, PvP specific mods would be interesting to see. I would not opposed to seeing PvP specific mods.

And in terms of the buff- yeah, it's a game changer. Your damage is increased by 50% I believe. Add that to Rage's berserk or a very hard hitting power... you're all ******. I solo queue 90% of the time. I win most of the time as well. Even against HT. But in my opinion, it shouldn't even be there. Most people rely on it to save them all the time. Granted you can pull em out of the way of the supply drop, you can farm immunity off the adds, and orbital.. well I have my own trick for no damage from that. But it shouldn't be there in the first place.

@Giggles:
    What you point out is irrelevant. :) But yes - everyone is entitled to their opinions.

IF you had read what I said, you would have seen I read the FIRST page and since I started posting in this thread which was page 33? 32? So don't go toting around. :)

I feel the complete opposite. Its a crutch for people. They use it as a "save me!" button. I've been in matches - even against you - where you've used it simply because you were dying even though you have said before you only pop it when someone else pops it. But I don't. Neither did my partner. So you - as well as many others - do it because you can't survive. You can't win so you rely on HT to be the crutch to assist in an attempt to win.

Honestly, no. I disagree. I enjoy the objective based matches much more and to see them polluted with adds and whatnot is disgusting. I took 3 people on on one node recently. I killed 2/3 even after they summoned henchmen and an accomplice. The third had 4 henchmen, supply drop and orbital'd me. I still had him down to 1/8 health by the time I killed him. But one shouldn't have to deal with that.

I just happen to feel strongly that the trinkets should be removed. I am only so-so on the mods cause I like them but if they go, they go. I don't mind at all. I do not like what HT in general has done to PvP and I'm not surprised why majority of the good PvPers have left. Some of them did it cause of HT, some cause of WM, some cause the devs have truly trashed PvP.

P.S. Yes I'm sure you're snarky remarks weren't meant to insult anyone. :) It's ok. I see what kind of person you and the childish games you play. :)
    • Like x 5
  10. Nyema New Player

shinkamalei...
    What you point out is irrelevant.

quote it... because everything he says is very relevant.
  11. Nyema New Player

You guys talk about moves that blindly ignore combat mechanics, yet w/o HT there are still moves that ignore combat mechanics...
    how come "channeled moves, don't BB somebody that is blocking? yet moves can be interrupted by melee & you take crazy damage from that and BB.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shinkamalei New Player

nvm
    • Like x 1
  13. Nyema New Player

1- excuse me?
    2- no im talking about what he said was irrelevant... what actual commentary on this is irrelevant, if there are none... then what you are posting is irrelevant, if it's personal... Deal with it else where.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shinkamalei New Player

Oh I was confused. Cause you rate it down then respond to me. But yes.... And the first one is personal. the rest is not. it pertains whats in the thread.

and in terms of finishers not bbing. i've wondered the same thing
    • Like x 2
  15. Nyema New Player

Also, there is nothing wrong with Supply drop, & people don't use it as a crutch, more of an enhancer... Lol, more like a healer.
    TBH, people shun people over HT, & I don't think it's right. HT is revolutionary to this game. It's not going no where. Oh wait, if it does... it'll find it's new home, in ESO where I will be if they screw things up. Honestly, it's not that bad. We all have access to it. The problem is that you have to pay money for it, which people don't think is fair.
    What they need to do is make HT more helpful, or buff the mods IMO,
    this'll create competition of the mods, like EC vs RS
    you can use a move w/o getting interrupted, but that person can use a shield & get healed...
    They need to create more competition to the moves, but keep in mind about how powers benefit to these mods.
    • Like x 1
  16. BadNameStallone New Player

You can not stun while in TM.
    You can stun only before or after, not during (TM is a dodge).
    • Like x 1
  17. Shinkamalei New Player

In my opinion most new players do use it as a crutch. or hardcore PvE-ers who don't know pvp too well do. Granted current pvp gear withstands t5 pve... but still. And they kind of said the trinkets are leaving. Just not sure about the mods. Which I don't mind if they stay, I don't mind if they go. I like em but understand if they go. I personal just feel people don't use any skill with it. Majority of the time it's just spamming things etc etc. I could understand the acro mod if people rolled out of it once just to escape damage then go back to it - healers mostly. But I find dps's that use it all the time if they start dying because they're squishy and get focused.

More competitive moves would be amazing. I'd like to see how the devs could work that kind of things in. I honestly think PvP mods is a good idea the more I think on it. Tailor things to the PvP side as well.
  18. Nyema New Player

im saying stun the person using it... that's the counter. Thank You Very Much
    • Like x 1
  19. BadNameStallone New Player

Then there is no counter. In order to stun you, needs to be done - before or after-. Once you are rolling there is no counter as you guys have said over and over.
    • Like x 1
  20. Nyema New Player

but that's to prevent it... effectively countering it. you obviouslyunderstand the context of which I mean, dodge roll is for EVERYBODY, you can't stun anybody while they are in it, we only get a kick up & a different animation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.