Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hero of Justice New Player

The scoreboard has been such a live wire and so controversial in PVE that it comes as no surprise that the devs currently aren't putting it in. Now, I'm sure that as many people here have posted Leagues and friends would love to have something like this so that they could gauge their success against each other. The problem is, for every league and player that uses this in a responsible manner, there is the potential for all of the issues that have come out of its use in PVE.

While you very well may use it in a good manner, this is going live for the whole DCUO community, which hasn't shown itself to be capable of using the scoreboard in a posititve manner. So while I think it would be fun in theory, I don't see how the potential benefits outweigh the potential problems. We have enough division in the community without possibly throwing another grenade into the mix.
    • Like x 3
  2. Certainlogic New Player

Forgot about that.

Hope the rewards are something useful.

Devs, please add some kind of scoreboard in the WT/HoD. Like in the monitor womb or that useless table where the mentors hang out.

Display groups that have reached the highest amount of waves. And Hero vs Villain pvp numbers. Like monthly or daily pvp events.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

If there is to be a scoreboard it should be highest wave achieved, not most damage done in a single survival.
    • Like x 4
  4. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

interesting, I think this needs to be apart of DCUO, for those like myself who finish the new content fast without using replay badges, and pretty much have nothing to really do but help new up coming villains, or just simply farm and get mods ready for new future gear that will be released.

Not to mention this will get leagues playing with each other more often each day, once they have no more content to run. Keeps ppl playing the game they love.
    • Like x 1
  5. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

to go off what some others have said, would be interesting if there was a scoreboard tell the entire HoD/WT that your league made it the longest before getting knocked out.

but also this could start a lot of hoop-lah as well lol

perhaps have a scoreboard with in the league base? so the league its self can keep track and try to beat their personal record.
    • Like x 5
  6. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

THIS

• Like x 5
  7. Green Lantern New Player

Sounds like fun! As for giving rewards but not tying it into progression, I would suggest using Iconic styles as rewards. Maybe a Batman Beyond mask, Man of Steel inspired suit, things of that nature. That's what would get me excited to play, anyway.
    • Like x 3
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Just a thought...
    I'd also love a Legends survival mode!
    • Like x 5
  9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I like this idea and I'm not the biggest fan of Legends (more of an Arena cat myself).
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I agree.
    But I have friends who prefer Legends, and I thought I'd throw this out there to include them too!
    More options = more fun, IMO!
  11. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I as well. Pretty much everyone I PVP with only plays Legends.
    And I totally agree - more options = more fun.
  12. Lokkii Committed Player

They should go hand in hand, additionally they can have a scoreboard showing whatever they want, people that like scoreboards will be happy and people that dont can simply not look lol.

I just want this implemented as soon as possible and say no scoreboard is fine with me if it makes it get here quicker.
  13. Carbon New Player

i have on suggestion... the rewards obviously could be UNIQUE styles depending on how far the group made on the event, also please do it very hard. so only people with skills can get far. and maybe a couple of waves a couple of bosses at the same time, idk. but a ranking system is a must have for this. :)
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Might be more beneficial business wise if this was put into a DLC. But making it free for the public is a great move.
  15. Warped Reality New Player

Sounds fun. Would it only be in Oan Sciencells? You can also do it in FoS 3, Prime, and other arena-type instances as well.
  16. Warped Reality New Player

I think it should be daily. It'll be a good way to build up leagues, and give everyone in the league a chance to participate with one another.
    • Like x 1
  17. Roarak Well-Known Player

Maybe i've been playing too much dark souls when i thought of this but, what about adding like, at the way higher waves, the ones that people aren't really suppose to get to any way, maybe a villain can join at like wave 50 in addition to the boss, and vice versa for heroes, just to add just a small bit more of a challenge. cause its suppose to be for fun and i think adding a villain here and there to a survival mode would be interesting. you know, make it fun for everybody, pvp and pve alike, and villains can be real villains or heroes can be real heroes kinda thing. just a though, and if somebody already suggested it then i sorta agree with them, i personally dont like pvp too much but if a villain wants to try and stand up against 8 heroes, it would be a interesting fight, and remember, its not just the villain alone, hes got the round boss with him so its fair, and like i said it would only happen way farther in the survival.
  18. BroJPri New Player

how about we get Oan, Prime, Nexus, and FoS 3 as Gauntlet hardcore survival maps, with waves of enemies and bosses at the end of every wave!!!? :D
  19. Mosez New Player

I was just talking about this with my friend. OS is the perfect stage or even shadowlands. Styles, Repair bots, recovery kits are great drops. I would really love this to come to DCUO. Btw DLC 10 is incredible.
  20. ZerouCool New Player

I really love the idea of a Survival gametype. Hopefully you can find a way to put it into each available Q. Solos-Duos-Alerts-Raids-Legends. I think going in a Survival with Legends would be pretty fun and keep it interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.