Disconnected "unknown"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bastion, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai El Well-Known Player

I will still continue to support this game simply because I've been playing this game for 3 years... since launch. I love this game. As a kid, I would draw & make my own comics. I always wanted to play an openworld superhero game where you can make your own character. I could never play City of Heroes when available so when DC Universe Online was announced... I was very pleased.

But I have lost so much faith in your company's service, Mepps. Not you directly - you, among everyone, actually take the time to relate to us information about what's going on - whether good or bad. Your job is very difficult & I commend you for doing it. But this type of service is beyond unacceptable. Offering us 50 Replay Badges for the situation is laughable, though generous that you even offered anything. For the past 2 - 3 days, I have not been able to play the game that I pay for monthly, mind you, either because I've had to work or because of the Bugs, Glitches, Server Shutdowns, etc.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - your company should expect issues like this. This happens EVERY time DLC/updates drop. Why can't you guys just drop new content with no problems? This is the ONLY game I've ever played where everytime DLC or updates happen, bugs, glitches & server shutdowns come along for the ride. That's why you all apparently have test servers to test & find situations like this. If these problems were in the content, and your company was aware of them but decided to fix them after the content was released so you could meet a certain date - that's unfair to your consumers who want to play their game.

I'm just so frustrating right now. I know I'm only one person - you probably won't even respond to this, Mepps, but I know you see it as do your co-workers... but something has to be done about this. Yes - I understand... it's a video game. But this video game is YOUR job, and we love that your job produced this awesome game.

We just wanna play it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Crimson Mender New Player

3. treehunter904 New Player

its funny because they are blaming the PSN network but yet iv been buying and streaming shows off of psn, friends playing assasins creed, another playing battlefield and another playing online NBA2K. its been down for 6 hours on ps4 but yet I have a buddy on ps4 playing right now and has been since 2pm. so if it isn't that serious then why is it taking this long to solve the problem....is it that hard to fix it so we can actually log in? seems to be the only problem anyones running into and that seems pretty minor
    • Like x 1
  4. Mister Brees New Player

I think the likeliness of Ricky in some other country doing customer service being in the loop as opposed to Mepps lying if awfully small. They are the same people that ask if you downloaded the sony day one patch when you put in a ticket about zone freezing.

I mean, it's possible that he is lying but I would give the benefit of the doubt to the guy that actually touches the code.
  5. Haugballs New Player

Lol, It's one thing for a company to have piss poor customer service. It's a whole new level when they start lying to you. I have also confirmed that PSN has no knowledge of ANY maintenance or down times on their end. LIARS!
  6. SwiftX New Player

I love how they think they can lie to us, like were stupid. At least give us something that is somewhat believable.
  7. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Cummon guys. I've got a PS4 and I share your frustration. I was looking forward to playing too.

But try to at least see a tiny bit from other folk's perspective. I'm sure that Mepps started his day fairly early today, and when he posted the message that you commented on it was roughly 10 PM Texas time. So he's probably had one of many very long work days. It's no mystery to me why he posted that update -- he wants to let frustrated customers like ourselves that they are completely aware of the problem and are still working on fixing it, even though in many businesses that care less they would have already signed out for the day and told you that they'll get back to it when regular work hours start again tomorrow. Reminders like he posted are just letting us know that we aren't being ignored, so please accept it for what it is.

So yes, remind them that there is a problem and express your frustration, etc. But there's no reason to be rude to folks who mean you no harm. They're trying to fix it. It's entertainment to us, but for them it is their livelihood.
    • Like x 4
  8. MyrVell Committed Player

Might as well throw my qq in. Another dissatisfied PS4 user.:mad:
  9. The Doctor Loyal Player

This is like the time I bought that three day trial to Brazzers for $2.99 and the only links that worked were for the BBW section. Not cool man.
    • Like x 1
  10. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I would laugh a little more at that photo had not this kind of thing seems to always happen when updates come out. Sure this is an extreme but something bad always happens. I will cringe at when they announce the next update.

Besides the reaction to this most likely would not have been so bad had we not had to wait pretty much an entire day and afternoon til we got to play once gu36 dropped. Yes i know it was a big update so thats why i made no fuss then, i understood. Plus the other downtime after that so WM could be implemented. So yeah i dont think these reactions wouldbe been so bad had that not happened two days before.

In any case ill just do whatever now.
    Just get it up again.
  11. LilAirhead New Player

I just contacted sony entertainement network they said everything is going smoothly on there behalf Mepps you are such a Liar and also if there was a maintenance dont you think i wouldnt be able to watch netflix on my PS4 think it through and dont lie Mepps Ou prob just lost alot of trust We atleast deserve truth instead of 50 replays
  12. Kai El Well-Known Player

I hear you... and I see where you're coming from... and I wish I could be on-board with this, but I can't because this... has been going on for 3 years now.

I'm tired. Now, you've see my posts. I don't think I come down on them too hard, not to the point where I'll get myself banned from the forums because then I wouldn't be able to voice my opinions. Though frustrated, I always try to word everything as calmly as possible, and make sure every thought is properly worded. I respect the hell out of Mepps & everything he's done or tried to do for us today.

But seriously, enough's enough, man. I just wanna play my game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stric9 New Player

Well I just cancelled my automatic payments for this game. I think enough is enough. To many problems this past month and rather save my cash for ESO beta. More should do the same and teach dc a lesson that we-us are your bread and butter and you must keep us happy with the service we pay for, if not then get use to eating bread and butter cus dc will go the way of the dinosaur.

Such a great game but obviously no one in DC knows how to program anything or rout a problem.
    • Like x 1
  14. Aetherlucilius New Player

I'm officially pissed. i know no one cares, but this is a forum. I've been patiently waiting (somewhat), to be able to play this game again. it's the raid night ffs. i am also sad. that is all
  15. Haugballs New Player

I feel like a fool to even allow a auto renewal, let alone spend another dime on or in the game. I have over $100 (again) sitting in market place cash just for the new content, unable to even spend, refund? yeah right. How about another lie and some more aggravation of a poor service? guess i'm the fool and just time to cut the losses and move on, hopefully taking as many as i can with me to a decent and reliable experience. Oh and thanks for misleading information LIAR, I mean Mepps.
  16. winter13 New Player

Dial it back youngster. Now you are just being disrespectful.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarreonJohnson New Player

Okay you have a very good point! But let's be honest here if psn were to actually be ongoing maintenance then we wouldn't be able to do anything but everything is working but dcuo!
  18. Fanatic New Player

Kai El your spot on! This is the only MMO or game rather that EVERYTIME DLC drops there are massive issues. It begs the question why i should be playing this game at all!
  19. Quagmire New Player

If this truly is a psn issue how are other games working on the psn on ps4? Also how is the ps3 dc working? Please stop lying and own up to whatever is going on.
  20. LilAirhead New Player

I am not young i am 16 and i know how to be mature but to lie to us its imature mepps trying to back him up dont be his pet man you can call them and theyll say they have no aintenance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.