So what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. RakkatyTam Active Player

Why is giving someone the finger considered offensive? Sure it probably had a valid reason when it started, but just like turning someone's cog the true meaning is lost and the fact that it is just offensive remains. Besides if you tie them down then they tie you down doesn't that leave you at the same spot you would have been at if no one had started tying each other down to begin with? Plus some characters seem to get up faster than if you hadn't tied them down to begin with.

I'm not a vet I've only been playing a year, but even when I first started I could tell that turning someone's cog had rude undertones to it, especially if they chose not to do it to you first.
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Catwoman does a kip up from her back and you can continue forward with the motion of the kip up. So yeah tying her down actually helps the player or is so darn close to a regular re-spawn animation time that it is pointless for the opposing player to take the time to do it unless it is just to try and piss them off.
  3. Rassophore New Player

Should've known it would be the kinky one in the leather suit that benefits from being tied down.

Like I said, superfreaky.
    • Like x 3
  4. DoIAmuseYou New Player

Really, you have no idea how turning a defeated enemies timer and giving them a respawn delay is considered rude...k.

Generally, i don't do it unless it's warranted. Strategy or whatever you call it is complete BS. Your being rude for the fun of it and you know it, why deny it, if your an azz, at least own it. lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

Nah, as much as I want to I really can't game any more, I'm always exhausted.
  6. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

took a huge break from PVP after they reset the gear... and now most people are doing it.

where has the respect gone? or am i just a washed up older timer.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

People spend altogether too much effort trying to read malice into the intent of others. Even if it is there, it's a game. There's no point letting someone rile you up. That's on you. The whole cog turning etiquette is overblown and not worth putting a seconds thought to.
    • Like x 2
  8. Zim New Player

Exactly. I have had my gear turned, I have turned others gear. I have not turned gears and have not had my gear turned.

During a match if u turned my gear I'll turn yours back and vice versa if u dont.

And after the match i put in zero thought into any of it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rassophore New Player

When I shoot someone the finger, I'm pretty much telling that person"*uck you." When I turn their gear, it's pretty much the same thing - it's a big "*uck you".

When I get it back, I take it to mean the same. That's on me, and it doesn't matter after the match anyway.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rassophore New Player

When I shoot someone the finger, I'm pretty much telling that person"*uck you." When I turn their gear, it's pretty much the same thing - it's a big "*uck you".

When I get it back, I take it to mean the same. That's on me, and it doesn't matter after the match anyway.