Vehicles as a trinket

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Feenicks, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Title: Are we about to get Vehicles?

You are misquoting Spytle in a thread related to guessing what the new mechanic in our upcoming DLC would be (before Weapon Mastery was announced). That is not a Never. It was a "not right now."

You might want to put things in context when you quote other people.
    • Like x 2
  2. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

LOGIC!
    • Like x 2
  3. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I know, right? o_O

Any way, still totally supporting this idea. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. John New Player

I really wish this but it would take 500 likes for the devs to make something like this I think they are booked up with stuff to make I would just stop asking for stuff and focus on one thing maybe we would get it!!!:mad:
  5. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This would basically just be a revamp of things we already have in-game. It would take very little development time, actually. :p
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont get why people want this...Our open world is very small and there is no instance in game that requires us to travel far distances either (or has roads for that matter)...Not to mention, its very overcrowded with content

Our current movement modes are more than enough
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

[IMG] , that requires new animation, maybe in DCUO 2.0
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Why would fliers need a vehicle? It's rather silly. And DC doesn't support silly.

[IMG]
    (I had this and the Lex-Soar 7 as a kid...good times)
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This is a theme item. It wouldn't be a new mechanic or anything overly complicated. It would not alter movements as they exist, though using a Vehicle Trinket may alter your personal movement and loadout if this suggestion was followed. Your vehicle would not make you move any faster or slower than you already do. I don't see any reason why asking for this is any less acceptable to people than asking for more styles, because it would serve the same sort of purpose.

And the amount of effort for this would not be that much greater, since similar things already exist in the game. So, in all seriousness, what rational reason is there to be opposed to letting people have this if they want it?
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I just dont see the point is all.

This is not like a game like Warcraft or Final Fantasy with an expansive open world and no viable travel alternative...Its comprised of 2 small, overly packed cities and instances with narrow, rocky corridors so they wouldnt be able to be used outside of that small open world...There is no exploration in DCUO

And I think youre underselling how much work it would be to design these...It would be as big as designing a new weapon or something along those line for little more than a cosmetic item
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Logically thinking what about using your vehicle in safehouse, can you use your vehicle?, wouldn't that promote more lag than it is already, imagine everyone with a vehicle trinket I would disconnect every minute, sorry I just don't see the logic with vehicles in DCUO.
  12. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i'd get a real kick out of riding around in some american muscle deathproof style, haha. oh yes, if i could run a hero over, it would be all worth it, lol.
  13. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Personally I don’t think we need vehicles (like cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc.) in DCUO as it exist today.

But if we do get them in some form or fashion, I wouldn’t mind as long as they were disabled in…
    • HQs
    • Safe Houses
    • Lairs
    • PVE Instances
    • PVP Instances
    Besides the fact that I think they would create a new form of griefing, I know there would be a ton of exploits involving them.
    • Like x 1
  14. Artillery Zero Well-Known Player

My ps3 can barely handle dcuo as it is now and now you people want add more stuff?! Why not just come to my house and beat my ps3 to death before lighting it fire then pissing on the remains.
  15. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

The only aspect of this that would have any effect at all on the PS3 would be the loadout. And that shouldn't even involve anything spectacularly new except perhaps animations.

Do you really think the PS3 is unaffected by other new things like Weapon Mastery or Armories or any of the other new content that will be coming out? It's no more than that, if not less. You cannot expect the game to stop developing new content, no matter what it is, because of the PS3. It is only a matter of time before PS3 support is dropped. I advocate a DCUO Lite version, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Personally, I would be more than fine with the trinkets being disabled in anything but open-world content, as that would make sense. Though I would ask: How would it create griefing? What is being suggested here is no different than the Robot Pterosaur already available in the Marketplace.

I don't agree on the workload. It would be more than a style in some respects, because it would require animations and a handful of new powers for each vehicle, but they don't need to release more than one or two vehicles at a time. Aside from that, as I stated above, it's identical to the Robot Pterosaur Marketplace Item. But instead of a pterosaur, we'd be looking at motorcycles or cars, etc. That's not nearly as much work as a full new powerset, as you suggest. :p
  16. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

One example of griefing would be the return of door blockers with another being the amount of people who would enter common areas and using these trinkets to make using amenities more difficult.
  17. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Thanks to the PS3s limits :p

Im all for additions but PS3 can barely load what it has now.

People keep asking for things to be added and seem to keep overlooking what limited hardware the poor dev team are stuck with.
  18. lordchampion Well-Known Player

Please please make it so f2p can all get vehicles too. Like wait till your lv 10 and you get one same as the base and armory
  19. ShadowStyleB New Player

Why bring up this thread? There won't be any vehicles in this game there is no need for a vehicle. You can already walk faster than the cars on the street and teleport to all the safe houses.
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

It's not about need it's about want. Do you think Lex Luthor needs a limo when he has teliportation? Not really... Do you think he wouldn't want a limo, or a personal jet, or a boat because of that? He's a rich super-villain of course he's gonna buy himself a limo, he probably entertains on his private jet, and could probably live on his boat if he had to... Not because its the most practical means of transport he can afford, but because limos are cool. The Batmobile is cool, Robins motorcycle is cool, just because they all have more efficient ways to get around doesn't mean they wouldn't still use a motorcycle or a jet on occasion...

But yeah I guess I'm sick of seeing the argument of "You don't need what you want" presented as if that is reasion enough for a company to not sell us "What we've requested that we want"

It's not about need, it's about want and weather or not it will eventually be financially viable for SoE to provide the requested feature in the game, as well as perhaps how it would fit in with current game-play.(Heck I'd be fine if it were relegated to a mini-game where we can design and race DCU inspired vehicles on a map designed just for racing cars in a twisted metal/mario-cart style battle/race...)
    • Like x 1