So what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

What Brice said is also how I was taught in USPC. Clicking a fallen opponent after he's down was supposed to be rude and uncalled for if the other guy was giving you a good, fair fight.

However this little bit of etiquette was taught to me along with some myths about how the click-gear worked. Most notable and consistently told to me as 'fact' was that clicking an enemy faction's gear increases the damage done to their armor and equipment, thus raising their overall Repair costs. Needless to say, given that I was Premium when I learned this, I thought it was an awful thing to do to someone unless they had started the escalation first.

Recently after Mepps and another Dev chimed in the forums and emphatically cleared that clicking enemy gears only causes a respawn action delay, and gear is NOT furthered damaged, I've since reevaluated the way I've looked at gear-clicking.

Now I analyze it along the following points:
    1. It's a Strategy decision. It can make or break a node-based match like Shadowlands.
    2. If the opponent got me down first and chose NOT to gear click me, I'll generally return the favor and not click them.
    3. If I am impressed by how you fought and conducted yourself, I'll refrain from clicking the gear first.
    4. If you respond to my bow and greetings in Versus, I'll refrain from gear clicking.
    5. If you behave like a e-thug, ignore any of my attempts at prematch courtesy, or emote like a rude ****** , I'll probably click your gear if I want the lead.
    6. If you clicked on me first, I'll almost guaranteed call open season and unload with everything including Sidekicks, Supply Drops, Debuffs, Soders, whatever, and I'll laugh at you as I gear-click you from there on out whenever I see you.
    7. In a group match, I will click on your gear. It's nothing personal, but I gotta take care of my teammates first, and that means putting you out as long as I can manage.
    • Like x 7
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

Lol I tied down everyone I killed at soe, just because I knew how mad it would make people and throw them off their game. Its all fun and games til there's 1500$ on the line.
    • Like x 4
  3. Eminence Dedicated Player

Putting people down is like a second or two delay, not that big of a deal, as far as strategy goes. Controlling someone's respawn timer is where the strategy starts..
    • Like x 3
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The extra couple of seconds really does make a huge difference on certain maps.
    • Like x 2
  5. SirMuttonChops New Player

Pretty much this. It's an etiquette thing on USPC. We kind of established a long time ago that it's rude and offensive. I've heard people on EUPC agree, but I've not PvP'd on that server long enough to know first hand.
  6. SirMuttonChops New Player

No, they really aren't. Catwoman is notably better.
  7. Eminence Dedicated Player

Two seconds tops makes a huge difference? Ok you can have that one, no reason to go at it about it.
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

Its known on usps too..
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It does depend on the size of the map. Cat would be better in 1 on 1 by a significant margin though.
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Health and power regeneration if it was a close fight is why I''ll do it predominantly. Especially if they got a short respawn timer.
    • Like x 1
  11. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

This
  13. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

+1 for the pic, best thing ive seen all week loool.
  14. savageprime New Player

Well I guess I'm too new school and want to win too badly cause I was never taught not to click and to me its all about strategy in pvp. So if this game ever makes it so I can do /dance followed by /read then /sleep gets me a extra 5 secs delay before you make it back then ima be one dancing library card carrying well rested fighter on that node. JS
    • Like x 1
  15. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Actually, its often considered rude on EUPC to do so, the regular pvpers do not down their opponents out of respect too. However, in serious fights that are competitive, you do see it here and there. Downing is often taken as insult to the opponent in random games.
    • Like x 2
  16. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Despite popular belief upsetting your opponent is not that helpful strategically. They may get better or worse because you disrespected. The main thing is that their behavior changes in the fight usually.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Why is it actually considered offensive though? I personally don't see how it is but then again this is the first I'm hearing of it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Brice Allen Loyal Player

The way it started from what I know is that we all went for years believing that when you turned a players gear it literally broke/damaged their gear. But just recently, as in like 2 months ago, a Developer came on the forums and told us all that turning a player's gear did not break/damage their gear at all (you gotta love these Developers communication and it taking them over 3 years to tell us this). But at this point after 3 years the stigma of "turning a players gear = being rude" is here to stay.
    • Like x 3
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So basically there's no real reason behind it anymore?
  20. CCBatson Dedicated Player

• Like x 1