Weapon Mastery Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

So is there any idea what update weapons mastery is going to be in since it's not going to be in the dlc ?
  2. ApolloMystique New Player

it will be update 36 most likely
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

They have said it will be in an upcoming update that will come prior to DLC10 hitting live. The Devs have alluded to it being GU37 but some people believe it will be included in GU36.
    • Like x 1
  4. Massah Committed Player

"Worst" Power Mechanic....if it were tied only to OutRage...I think it might be fair.

But yeah the Aftershock Mechanic should lose the power cost attachment.

Earthquake should be allowed 3 aftershocks at no additional Super charge cost. Still would be inferior to Berserk...LOL
  5. RiskVsReward New Player

I'm 90% sure that they will reduce the power cost to aftershocks when they update earth. The devs did say that earth, after some tweeks, should be able to stay up there with HL, Celes, rage without using WM... Then people can start making "nerf earth" threads, lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Massah Committed Player

Forgot the 2-Rings for a possible total of 9 additional mod sockets with No-affinity.

Gives decent Mod freedom and further promotes modding for Colored socket affinities if you have additional non-colored sockets available to be nodded.
  7. Nightling Active Player

Well great news but is there anything to replace weapo mastery in DLC 10 or it just be alert ,duos and solos ?
  8. Death Caliber Active Player

It actually wasnt said that the weapon mastery update would be out b4 dlc 10,but actually,and i quote from mepps himself,"this update will be released no later than dlc 10."with both expected to be either this week or next,im assuming,rather than have 2 downloads,that they will both be released simultaneously.Also having them both on test at the same time,which,unless im wrong has never been done before,further rienforces that possibility.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Most likely, Weapon Mastery will launch as the DLC launches, just not requiring access. There's a slim chance it will launch before. It will not launch after the DLC.
    • Like x 9
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We love you too.
    • Like x 3
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

i am glad to hear that WM is no longer dlc-tied. i always thought that that was bad mojo...
    • Like x 3
  12. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

They just fixed some stuff on Test. Can't wait to hear the results!
  13. Rockin earth New Player

14. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

Thanks for the reply mate, very informative.
  15. Black Star New Player

I've been testing the newest update and I like what I see so far. Might based powers who use WM correctly can put out some nasty damage and not be as taxing on the trollers. I tested in both duo's and used about half of my normal power since I didn't have a troller with me but I was hitting like a champ. Crits for days. On live I went Prec/Might in my red slots, so I'll be doing some damage once this goes live.

The only thing that will suck for some players is not being able to test weapons if you do not have access to the test server. I found out very quickly that my old favorite weapon wasn't going to cut it but only after fooling around on test for about 10 hours all together. I didn't want to admit it but I found a new favorite once WM hits live. I'm stocking up on MoR now.

If you haven't tested this week and can, I suggest that you do. Things will look very different soon. Solo trollers in AnB for example.
  16. FelixDuo Committed Player

I wish I could give this a hundred thumbs up. It's always nice to see a gesture of good will like this. You didn't have to give us weapon mastery as a freebie, but you did. Because you care. So...thanks. Awesome.
  17. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Good to know. I'm Mental and was worried about might based powers based on what I've been reading. Also, I thought new weapons would cost MOF instead of MOR. Can we trade MORs in for MOFs? Or do they actually cost MORs?
  18. Adventuretime New Player

I don't know how to use the weapon mastery update
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

um...yeah it currently does but..... that should be a separate feat. This is a different DLC.
  20. Willphill3rd New Player

Now we just need utility belts available for everyone, because those things are pretty essential too