Who Keeps Requesting Iconic Anomaly Solos?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Lantern Niz New Player

Well, I would imagine they track how much people are playing these. So the numbers must be high if they are putting development time and resources into more.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Doctor Loyal Player

Iconic Anomalies are some of the easiest marks in the game, they are quick, and represent a complete change of pace from all other facets of this game. As a bonus, you even get feats. It's just absurd to complain about them.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Doctor Loyal Player

I just couldn't disagree more. Maybe if I made a machine that could amplify my level of disagreement, but that sounds like a great deal of work.
    • Like x 8
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Exactly. And it allows you to play through actual content as a DC Legend instead of having to play as one in PvP. Its good fun, and something new.
    • Like x 4
  5. Nightwish Well-Known Player

The only problem that I had with the anomaly solos was the grinding aspect of doing them a hundred times for a measly 10pt feat. If it was a 50pt feat or lowered to 50 instead of 100, I wouldn't mind them.

I know I personally ran them over a hundred times trying to get those stupid TT shoulders. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

He seems to be in quite the uproar over this game as of late. Outright vocal disagreement with the release of U36, hating on solo challenges, next he will say he hates Jens' new hair cut. Geez. Someone give that fella a hug!
    • Like x 4
  7. BigWaveDave68 New Player

I know a lot of people like them but a lot of people hate them. Can't make everyone happy. Personally, I'd rather turn the game off then do those things.
    • Like x 1
  8. Blight KOBRA Commander

I never liked the ones from Origin Crisis and it's disappointing to hear we're getting more. It would be an easy enough a fix if we were allowed of using our own characters in the instances, but until that happens these are not thought of by me as being fun, but rather a chore.
    • Like x 1
  9. thenewkidd New Player

OK... let's chat.

What would you like to say?

Just because it's available doesn't mean you have to play it... I like it.. I play them, You don't have to.

ETA:
    The only thing I would change would be being able to CHOOSE the toon I go into the anomaly with.

Like Legends, I can choose to be Two-Face, Amon Sur, Batman, etc... I just wish it could be like Legends and say "you are going into an instance and you can queue up with the toon of your choosing.
    • Like x 2
  10. Bruherd New Player

IMO neither one was good. I don't want to be forced to play as other characters when this whole game was created to play as your own. Only thing interesting about the Green Flame is her body!
    • Like x 1
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

My only gripe about them is that they don't count towards your 500 challenges. I wish we got some new challenge missions. I am at like 324, and can't be inspired to finish the feat. All in all, I really liked the previous ones, and am looking forward to the new ones.
    • Like x 1
  12. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

There were 2 alerts and 2 raids as well (granted the raids were killer; wave especially).

What server was that on? USPC, USPS, EUPS, or EUPC, also on hero or villain side? I'm USPS villain and our side never really encountered that.
  13. oOChiddyOo New Player

I personally love them... made me learn to use new weapons and legends characters. Now im a monster with Bizarro in legends. You guys should should be praying they keep these up they make players better at the game.
    • Like x 2
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm on USPC, hero side. Me and league-mates were kicked from Family Reunion and Brothers in Arms despite wearing a couple pieces of Atlantean Monarch gear expert modded. The 81-83 gear from the iconic anomalies, also expert modded, was not enough to keep us in those operations. The raids were even more strict about gear requirements - They often required the 86/87 gear to prevent being kicked, meaning you had to run them previously in order to run them.

As I understand it, it was that behavior that brought about the changes in Tier 5 loot, the reduction in difficulty to the raids/operations from Origin Crisis, and the ability to buy stronger gear through vendors instead of relying on the content to drop gear we need.
    • Like x 1
  15. Udon New Player

Enjoy them, but wouldn't mind seeing iconic duo's, alerts or raids next time. Maybe have two instances; one you can choose to play as your own toon and the other an iconic/legend toon. Variety will keep me playing longer.
    • Like x 1
  16. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

There is your problem. A lot of the people on that side have to rely on heavily geared teammates in order to get through content. Sorry that happened to you though. Villain side we work with people a bit more (kind of ironic really).
    • Like x 4
  17. Spacedude2 New Player

Interesting. I recently got my main guy, Agent Synthetic, up there and did a few of them. I like the story aspect of it, but I think only 2 per mentor is not very good for a world that allows you to create at least 16 characters on your own. If the iconics were choose 2 out of a possible whatever, then players will be able to choose the character they like.
  18. JonnyD New Player

Well, if that's why then there are worse things than being a Bizzarro 100 times in terms of farming all SP available. Just take it slow, man. I for one like the anomalies but I hate playing a hero (huntress), and I'm not a fan of Bizzarro. I do find it fun that they put a story in with the simulation, though, and the end of Huntress's instance had me giggling like a girl. I hope they use anomalies to really involve players into deeper story lines with different endings that yield something interesting--the whole "hit or dad or don't hit your dad" really had me longing for a bit more.

Batman and Robin Duo! And Harley + Joker! :D
  19. osupokes1613 New Player

I agree, they suck. Waste of time. I will play pvp if I want to be a legendary character.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

The way the devs explained it is that Iconic Anomalies have to fit into the story and that is why you don’t a choice of the character you use.

If they were done earlier, we may have seen more Iconic Anomalies, especially during T3’s Superman centric content or even during HOF’s magic based content with us possibly being turned into some kind of magical beings.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some WOTL themed Iconic Anomalies in either part 2 or 3 and other future DLCs.
    • Like x 2