Why Dominance is not affecting stuns on tanks/off feet problem.(1860 Pure)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tunderer, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Sytenia Committed Player

I agree with your points but fire only has one power that breaks out an entire raid group which is Burning Determination. This power does damage so cannot be used with PVP counters or some other things like the example you gave with Prime Avatars switching (it used to be awesome for that before they made that change :(). The other one is Burnout which can be used with PVP counters and such but only breaks out the tank and 3 others.
  2. Tunderer New Player

The funny thing is that with new weapon mastery they want us to use long combos few taps or holds or whatever and watch animation but now you can be knocked out off feet just afther second tap so i dont know how many times it will be possible for all of us to finish that combo but its a little bit offtopic .I wish they could do something about that ,those breakouts trinkets are usefull but for dps maybe more, for tanks its sick idea ive already have 2 breakouts on my loadout wasting my space.I just want to feel stronger then npc lvl 9 on town that now can stun like he is on the same lvl as me .
  3. Massah Committed Player

Fire, Ice, and Rage have 2 full Raid group Breakouts/immunities. They also changed Earth's unstoppable from a Group to a Raid breakout.

Burnout is now a full 7 people plus Tank breakout/immunity.

In the testing feedback notes for War Of the Light Part 1:Next on PC Test: War of the Light Part I!

Notes did not appear in the Announcements War of the Light Part 1 Live launch. All Tanks except Earth have 2 full Raid Party immunities/breakouts. (I suppose you could call it a ninja buff since it was only listed in the test server notes and not live notes.)
    • Like x 1
  4. Sumeric New Player

This was changed, because Rage Tanks had two 8-man Breakout powers and it was (rightfully) thought that that wasn't entirely fair to the other tank powers.

Here are both the relevant post and source:

Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...xt-on-pc-test-war-of-the-light-part-i.185616/

Armories
    -PC Test ONLY: Armories will no longer appear as invalid on first imprint.
    -PC Test ONLY: Fixed an issue where Nature power forms would load an Armory build incorrectly.
    -PC Test ONLY: Fixed an issue where the in-combat cool down for Armory swapping would become incorrect when zoning.

Base Mods
    -PC Test ONLY: Fixed a tooltip issue with base mod items not showing correct status in the tooltip.

Missions
    -Mannheim's Chinese Theatre: Zatanna will now be more available for conversation at the end of the instance.

Powers
    Ice
    -Shatter Restraints and Winter Ward will now provide immunity to control effects to you and 7 teammates when used in Tank role.
    Earth
    -Unstoppable will now provide immunity to control effects to you and 7 teammates when used in Tank role.
    Fire
    -Burnout will now provide immunity to control effects to you and 7 teammates when used in Tank role.

PvP
    Season 2
    -The power cost increase for the PvP Level 90 gear has been adjusted to have a smaller effect.

UI
    -League names longer than 20 characters will now be truncated down to 20 characters displayed above players.
    - Fixed an issue in which defend objective health bars would display oddly positioned.

So now, as far as breakout powers are concerned for all of the non-Rage tanks:

Ice: Shatter restraints breaks out 8 and is usable while countered. Winter Ward breaks out 8 and cannot be used while countered.

Fire: Burnout breaks out 8 and is usable while countered. Burning Determination breaks out 8 and cannot be used while countered.

Earth: Unstoppable breaks out 8 and cannot be used while countered. Crystal Golem breaks out 8 but this effect cannot be used on demand.

So an Earth Tank is drastically behind the other 3 tanking powers when it comes to dealing with being countered, being that it has no on demand move that will pop it back up so it's forced to eat all of the damage being thrown at it 100% of the time.

PvE break out trinkets do help, but the cooldown is much longer than the cooldowns on the other usable while countered powers so it's not as reliable.
    • Like x 2
  5. Massah Committed Player

Somehow didn't see this, but yeah normally a CC enemy will not juggle you.
    But that annoying "enemy immune" after using the same repeated CC, as I said earlier should apply as protection to us from enemies as well.

Usually not a problem if the enemies die within the first 2 juggles.

Only really becomes an issue when burn is not there (Soloing Content is a great way to experience some of these annoyances)

Or 1st part of Gates or Healer Drones push back...we constantly get hit by the same CC effect but do not get immunity from it, aside from a self breakout.

Weapon juggles/stuns grant immunity to the Computer enemies if applies 3 times to a target.

Only 1 CC power I know of grants immunity from itself after the 1st application and that is Mental's Horrific Visage. You cannot ghost the same enemy back to back. You can stun juggle the same enemy 3 times before they are granted immunity but not Ghosting.

(Polymorphing from Sorcery might also do this, but Dominance normally is not high enough to succefully polymorph in PvE content and PvP does not grant players the same 3 repeated CC immunity like AI enemies in PvE....different rules to abide by....for now)
  6. Dogico Loyal Player

Aside from the BC raids where else do tanks get thrown around? Rotating both immunities and breakout trinket, while also keeping adds juggled/countering boss you'll be fine.
    • Like x 1
  7. Massah Committed Player

I'm pretty sure Crystal still only breakouts/grants immunity to 3 others. But as I already stated Crystal not the preferred PvE Tanking Golem and as you reinforced - it is an AI controlled immunity and not player controlled.

(All the Tanks but Earth can use their tanking buffs in cohesion with their other Tanks buffs. Earth forces a Tank to utilize Aftershocks or Pet-Damage Shift, aside form Gemstone Shield, for a given time for Damage Absorption. Earth with 50% Damage absorption and then 25% sent to Brick with Gemstone to compliment it may make Earth unbalanced in PvP but look at Rage ....smh)
  8. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I think this is fine. I have no problem seeing a increase in control resistance for the tank.
    • Like x 1
  9. Massah Committed Player

Orbs in Paradox ( Just annoying really) - Blue perma stun beam that I think is a glitch.

Gates only sometimes due to the cooldowns of breakouts and trinkets. Tanks can run 2 group immunities, a breakout trinket, and a movement breakout(and/or a breakout SC but that suffers from SC-Cooldown)

But yeah pretty much only the Batcaves have annoying CC. "Batman's defenses are worse than Brainiac's." - Oracle (Barbara Gordon)

Off topic, but ever notice Batman in Paradox cannot be bothered to pick people up. (Lex/Superman - better team players in the FOS raids) Batman is quoted saying "Call me when it's important. Not before."
    • Like x 1
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

Wait, Lex/Superman do pick ups? Srs.

I guess the reason I'm against any tweaking to Tanks cc resistance is that I consider rotating between immunities a sign of a good tank. When I'm dpsing and I notice that the tank hasn't thrown out a single immunity during the whole raid I cringe. Tanks control the flow of the fight, and immunities are a big part of that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Massah Committed Player

Yeah Lex and Super do pick-ups FOS2 and FOS3 - I have witnessed
    (Meta last Fight in FOS2)

I concur about receiving immunities, although before Rage most were 4 man instead of the full Raid party so as a Controller I tend to bring my self Immunity/Shield and I used to use Launching Roll but I no longer have room for that situational move as a troll. As a DPS thou I bring both breakout moves on my load out. When I am with a Tank, whom is ensuring their comrades remain free from enemy control fights go by so much smoother and I send them a Gratitude Tell :)
  12. Sytenia Committed Player

Wow my bad, I was unaware of that. But even more reason to why earth should have a usable raid group breakout as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sytenia Committed Player

Oh about Crystal, I use her for PVE tanking all the time and have been doing that for a while but not once has she provided a breakout effect.
    The pet description says: "[Tank Role] Imbues the Crystal golem with the ability to bestow immunity to control effects to your group".
    In all my time of using her when tanking I have never seen anything like that happen however I have not been looking for it either which I will from now on. I would have noticed a breakout effect though, I always notice those when other tanks in my group use them too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fourth New Player

Kinda sucks that a DPS with like 16 dominance can throw my FIRE GOD tank around... I don't think DC would be able to address dominance better without messing it up so I'm just happy with my health and self-healing bonuses.
  15. Massah Committed Player

Technically in PvP where Dominance stat levels are much smaller than PvP....you really wouldn't see a difference in CC effect duration or CC resistance. (If they made it was where every 500 Dominance reduced CC duration restraint by .5secs and kept it where every 500Dominace added 1sec of CC effect duration when applying.)

Also, Krystana - informed me that Fire's healing got worked a while back. Much like Fireburst Damage.
    Healing when they were changing DOM to be included was doubling the DOM stat and then they adjusted Fire's healing, lowering heals to compensate and be in balance. Then they fixedbthe doubling of the DOM being counted for healing, thus lowering heals again. But they did not revert the Fire Healing Nerf after truly fixing the additional dominance. (So it is a small amount of Fire Healing that is missing, but Fire nor Earth need nothing holding them back.)

For Earth, I still think Reinforce should be an immunity/group breakout in Tank Stance. (Currently it increasing your damage-in by transferring damage from the lowest health teammate is awkward if the lowest health teammate is a Healer whom is under control effects....would be nice if they received immunity to heal that extra damage you are taking for them.)

The more I think about it- I don't think they will increase Control resistance. But I do think they could scale the duration of effects while being controlled off of Dominance.

(I think Nature's Wolf May have more Control Resistance than a Tank - you get the additional 10% available from Movement innates - tanks get a power that grants 10% Control Resistance and if using a melee (soon to be replaced with just a Weapon Mastery) they gain 20%Control Resistance so 40% Control resistance and they have to use a power.(not counting an immunity/breakout) The wolf has the 10% available from movement and then regardless of weapon(melee/ranged/no weapon) it gets 2- 20%Control Resistance for a total of 40% Control Resistance listed under current effects + the 10% from Movement is 50% Control Resistance all passive with no power needing to be popped.

Tanks should get better protection from CC and I think the scaling the duration when under a control effect is workable balance. (Mainly only being available to Tanks and Controllers whom are usually the ones with DOM high enough to even meet the Suggested Dominance. This way not only can the control enemies but the lowered amount of time spent under control effects will make Dominance a more worthy stat than a weaker Restore variant.)
    • Like x 3
  16. Sumeric New Player

If they did ever add a break out to reinforce, I'd hope they'd re-position it in the Geokenesis Tree. In it's current place it takes WAY too many power points to get to if you run Damage Absorption versus Damage Transfer.
  17. Massah Committed Player

I suppose, but most of the Pet Tanking Earth players I have run across have Brick Damage Shift Gemstone Shield and Jackhammer- they are spending a great deal of points to be self-covered in both trees leaving room for a pull, totem (healing did not scale well, if at all) and/or Unstoppable. At least if a Damage absorption Tank wanted to grab only Reinforce it is 5 power points. Rather than a Damage Transfer Tank spending 5-7 in the non pet tree - grabbing Epicenter,Gemstone shield, Jackhammer, Unstoppable. - Earth just needs some TLC, and then some.

Personally I feel they should revert back to Tanks being able to use breakouts/immunity at any time damage component or not.
    (They can change it so that it only works that way in Tank Stance and I think that would make it balanced for both PvE and PvP.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fourth New Player

Sorry to go off topic here but are you saying that, originally, when 1 point of dominance acted as 1 point of restoration, that 1 point was doubled because of that tank role buff, which then acted as 2 points of restoration? Which means that 2 individual points of dominance acted as 4 points of restoration towards self heals? And this was not the intention of the developers which then caused them to nerf the healing? I'm sure it's just me but that doesn't sound that strong? Does doubled dominance apply to ice shields, rage health, or earth dominance, or do they too only get the 1 point per dominance towards their tank buffs?

And your idea on CC sounds great and could definitely increase the usefulness of dominance in that area. I'd definitely feel more like a tank if that DPS with 8 dominance stopped juggling me so much...
  19. Tunderer New Player

So at the moment we have 2 ideas here. Scaling the duration of cc effects based on dominance ,or second one let tank use breakouts more often by for example reducing cooldowns or something like that. Dominance for tanks really should be more important in cc aspects.
  20. Massah Committed Player

Actually the Dominance was being calculated by 8 for every 2 DOM , from what I understood. Basically they made a small error and forgot about the doubled DOM innate buff for Tank/Troll stance. Then they nerfed the healing before fixing their DOM healing calculation. But did not patch the Healing fix.

Confusing but I know....
    • Like x 1