GU35: New Soders

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

FEEDBACK: I don't mind a MoT cost but it does seem like a lot.
    • Like x 14
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Who are the intended users for these sodas? Premium users won't be able to purchase stacks of Turbo sodas due to the cash cap. Requiring Cash and Marks makes them undesirable for most people. As a Controller, I go through a full stack (12x) of Turbo-equivalent sodas in a Paradox or A&B league run. Is it worth paying 6000 Mark of Triumph for a Stack of sodas for a raid? Not at all. It is cheaper to craft a couple of stacks of Next Soda.
    • Like x 14
  3. D3athStrik3 Well-Known Player

File in section: Was a good idea for new players until the extreme MoT requirement was added which defeats the purpose for the new players that would use them considering you can make a stack of 12 Next soders for 6.3k without any loss in MoT and higher health/power over the Turbo's at 4.2k and 6,240 MoT which honestly is laughable.

A honest fix to prevent abuse from fresh lvl 30's would be to make them cash only, but have a min cr requirement for the tier that are ment to represent 3-5 i.e. cr 53, 70, & 86 to purchase.
    • Like x 13
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

And not tradeable.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When considering what the soders are worth in marks, it's also worth considering that there is a new tier and end-game mark just around the corner, which will convert at a rate of 1:3125 Marks of Triumph.
    • Like x 6
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Whoa.
    • Like x 5
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Even so, that is just creating a needless mark sink and can get very costly if you are using them on a regular basis.

For alts or for mains, the marks you have are limited and only the people that play one character with replays out of the wazoo has enough marks to support it.

When I PvP, I pop soders for health and power like I am breathing it.
    When I troll, I pop soders for power and go through stacks.
    When I DPS, I pop soders for power and health, but mostly for power to not strain my trolls.
    When I heal, I pop soders for power.
    I don't pop soders all that much as a tank, because if I need to, it usually is a dire situation. lol

What I'm trying to get at here, that many marks for 6 soders will deplete any resource you have that can be used for your RnD crafting of PI Consumables, Gear Styles you will need to go back into the new style vendors, or just upkeep on your mainframe. I understand that the new tier will again bump down the previous one, but I would rather you guys adjust the cost of mark based items (like how T1 and T3 got lowered in cost.) and keep the current conversion shifting instead of just adding another mark sink.
    • Like x 11
  8. D3athStrik3 Well-Known Player

So we are jumping from 125 in t4 to 315 in t5 to 3125 in t6? Seems to scale correctly, lol. I Cant wait to see how worthless our current replayed cr90 gear is to the new gear that marks with 10x higher conversion will get me... :S Although I like this conversion rate for completing those rare styles @ 7 new marks per piece. :D

This does not accommodate ppl who you are trying to reach with these new soders who are new lower cr players in the game. No 1 in t5 content up will waste time with these soders.
    • Like x 1
  9. NexGenX New Player

I could see if a Next equivalent cola was at this Mark price, but not Zero. No way no how.
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is what I'm thinking. I'll be saving up my Marks of Grinding for gear and Catalyst VI items for consumables. Spending Marks on Sodas seems like a waste when you consider your possible soda consumption rate. If you're in a hard raid and things aren't going your way, it is very easy to consume several stacks of sodas. Why waste a T6 Ops worth of Marks on raiding?

If you're a Premium player, you're still better off asking your league mate to craft Next sodas or whatever the T6 soda plan is going to be. Premiums still won't be able to buy Turbo sodas with the current cash cap. If you also consider the current power scaling factor and health stats, anything under a Turbo soda won't cut it at T6 levels.
    • Like x 7
  11. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Are you guys adding monthly raid boxes/weekly alert boxes full of marks to Tier 5 when Tier 6 comes out and upping the MoT cap ? If so then I will be fine with the current mark cost. Just please change Turbo sodas to $1998 or plain $2000 for x6 sodas for Premiums and make these new sodas not trade-able to keep the soda plans worth something.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

Do Mo(Power?) convert to MoR as well or just MoT? I thought about the MoR->MoT conversion initially but I knew I was going to need my MoR for a while now working on styles.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

It sounds to me from the Style vendor that your MoR will become useless for the Styles and it will convert to the new Mark. So when T6 comes around, you have to start farming marks again for them. So I would say that MoR will become MoT and I hope they up the MoT cap, as that will fill up faster than an ice cream store on a hot summer day.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

I am a little concerned about the amount still. 2Mo? = 1 Stack. If I use half a stack to a full stack per instance, I'm using 1-2 Mo? per instance. I don't know how many Mo? the instance will give but if in gearing up, I probably won't spare any until I'm done. It's hard to predict but it seems like I would have a hard time getting to leverage these early on. Don't get me wrong, this is not a big issue. That's just the feedback that comes to mind.
    • Like x 4
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Can a Green Name comment on what type of soder is going to be used as the required base soder for crafted T6 soders? For example, the T5 soder plans - Zero and Next - require Soder Cola Extreme. Are the T6 soder plans still going to use Soder Cola Extreme? I think players would be upset if the T6 plans require Soder Cola Turbo.

Possible Display Bug:
    When I was browsing the Mogo vendor, I noticed the new Soders were added. However, the new Soders are listed between role equipment and weapons. Soder Cola Extreme is listed after the weapons. Can the new Soder plans be moved to the bottom of the list?

Suggestion:
    Can Soder Cola Extreme be made the default choice for Soder vendors? I wouldn't be very happy if I accidentally bought a couple stacks of Turbo soders.
    • Like x 7
  16. BumblingB I got better.

That's why I'm completely hating the idea of this mark sink. It's excessive and unnecessary.
    Yeah, I hope it isn't required, if it is, this will cause players to start not using the soder crafting and stick with Nexts.

Devs, please reconsider them costing marks.
    • Like x 4
  17. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I tried the highest powered soda, it helped with coin farming. Not so much with Virtue over Vices I had to switch over to MK quickly, though as I recall I was in the wrong gear per role and partially at that, so I'll give it another try. I think the overall concept has much utility, glad to have them aboard!:cool:
  18. BumblingB I got better.

So... Not only are they an insane mark sink, we can't even trade them to alts? Good job devs, you made me not want to use these at all. And if they are required for a new soder plans in T6, I might not want to play at all. Making things alt unfriendly again and again. I love this game, but seriously, why do you choose to do things you know players will hate? Its a needless mark sink.
    • Like x 8
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

DISPLAY BUG:
    When you talk to the soder vendors in Watchtower, they show 6x Soder Cola Turbo costing $2100 and 520 Marks of Triumph. If you purchase a stack, it ends up costing $2100 and 3120 Mark of Triumph. It is the same case for the other new soders. Only the individual soder mark cost is being shown for soder stacks.

I think that for the Soder vendors, the total mark cost for the stack should be displayed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I use level 4 Tactical Mods. I also use level 4 Orbital Strike. Total cost per month per toon: 6250 Marks.

1 stack of 12 Soder Cola Turbo: 6240 Marks.

So let me get this straight. You want me to pay the equivalent of 1 month's rent of TWO Mainframe features.. THAT'S ONE MONTH for 12 soders that will most likely last me at most a raid and a half?

Ridiculous
    • Like x 16