The emotional spectrum, and why there should only be 1 more power.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GregDawe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

you clearly missed the point that Black/White Lanterns are much more powerful than the other corps, meaning for it to work in terms of lore, you would have to make them OP as a powerset. Not remotely fair at all.

And again, they aren't corps that deputize because they aren't really permanent corps at all.

And the logic behind doubling up powers on Lantern loadouts is absent.
  2. Adamwiseguy New Player

As a villain, I have to strongly disagree.

Against popular belief, villains are not all mass murdering psychopaths. Although we do kill, it's usually just to reach our goals. Some of us want poetic justice, some of us want influence, and some of us are just making a living.

For example: Mr.Freeze just wants to revive his wife, the Flash's Rouges have a Code of Conduct, and Ras Al Ghul just wants to help humanity grow strong.

Black Lanterns want EVERYTHING dead...those aren't the type of guys you want to hang out with in an underwater base. >_>
  3. Acacia New Player

this guy couldn't be more right!
    • Like x 1
  4. DeathandHades New Player

th
    thanks for the lesson on comics ive only been reading comics for 22 years i know what motivates a villain in the dc verse. Any way; NEKRON the holder of all black rings their hosts souls and the undisputed leader is a villain.
  5. GregDawe New Player

Thats nice.

Still should never be playable Black Lanterns though.
  6. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Too many lantern powers and too much Lantern content in the game already, just save another lantern power for a few DLCS later..
    I would name all the Lantern content we have but I stopped counting after the alerts :confused:
  7. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Also, I don't think the guys would want to be apart of a pink lantern corp, and considering there's only like 10 girls on DCUO it would be better to make it blue lantern
    Star Sapphire is hot, yes, but still..
  8. Zamaron New Player

No I did not 'listen' to previous posts in this thread because my reply was mainly towards the original post made that started it, and that only. My point being made was they were more controller than healer, if anything. And I simply said I'd love to see it in the game, since I am a fan. Just because I said that, doesn't mean I'm going to start fighting tooth and nail for it, it wasn't my main point. I even mentioned, that if it wasn't added, Carol Ferris would be a great legends character to add with other characters that could be added to the story line of the game.
    If I had to defend it, my only reason would be variety. But I don't just want Sapphire powers. I'd love to see them all, they're all very interesting. But my main point was people who mostly post about them being in the game, they'd want them as healers. And as a fan, I was arguing that point, and why.
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I only want water powers if I can change the color to brown and get the name Mr. Squirty for my toon.

But, I would rather see water powers than another Lantern.
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Back to the old loot system for this DLC?
    Need/Need More/Pass
  11. Blackz Star Level 30

All we need is a Lantern healer. If Black and White won't happen then I hope we get Star Sapphires for villains and heroes can get blue.
  12. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Sapphire is coming to the next Valentine event so its doubtful that its going to be a new lantern power
  13. GregDawe New Player

I agree, everything considered, this makes the most sense (or doesn't make the least sense).
    That's not to say this is a perfect solution, it just means that every other option is less justifiable.

Yes, 100% yes. I honestly don't want to see another Lantern power for a very long time yet (at least WOTL3, which isn't planned for release until next year sometime I think).

Let's have some fun exploring the other parts that make up the DC Universe.
  14. Solgath New Player

you make it sound like the game is just overloaded with lantern powers, when in fact there are a total of 3, but technically there are only 2, cause 1 set are just one hero one villain, and then there is rage which is shared, so maybe you need to brush up on your math or something?? however back on topic, i do hope for a lantern healing power set, and srsly can't wait for it.
  15. GregDawe New Player

The moment we have two separate lanterns with the same role, it will feel very over loaded.
    I am all for the healer but my point here in this thread is that it stops with that.

Maybe when they exhaust EVERY OTHER POSSIBLE POWER imaginable, then they can start bringing in Lantern powers over the tops of ones that have the same roles.
  16. Galadorn New Player

Is not like this game is getting "Lantern Universe Online" its justifiable with "War of the Light Part X" DLC....
    im pretty sure that when WOTL has ended wont be another power ring....

Im pretty sure theres gonna be Blue lanterns as powerset since:
    • We already have Saint Walker with blue lantern powas (devs have no need to create new ones)
    • We already have blue energy weapon skins
    • No need to introduce another power ring. (such as violet, black, indigo, unicorn.)
    • Seems legit having one lantern for each role and blue suits for healer
    • No , i dont care if villains have blue ring (even villains can be hopeful) and at this point DC can actullally do anything after FlashPoint Paradox.
    So accept it, take it love it, denial is the first step, hater's gonna hate.. and so on...
  17. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Maybe they should create a Lantern server once they get a healer role.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Lanterns are a huge sucess in dcUO comunity, everybody love the lanterns, only in forum i see people talking against lanterns.
    I want see black lantrn at least that to me i a true new power and i dont see how no have have this powerset in a dlc called war of light i belive that this powerset will be avaible at end of DLC WL III.
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Well for Black Lantern, if your character ever gets wiped you're automatically respec as a Black Lantern and need to buy respec tokens if you don't want to keep that power :p .
  20. GregDawe New Player

Hahahaha I kinda like that Idea.

Maybe a better way to do it would be to have a trinket or something that allows you to rally after being knocked out as a Black Lantern for the rest of the raid/alert, or until you get knocked out again.
    A 15sec immunity after standing up (you are 'dead') and they change your pallette to black.
    A novelty idea, couldn't actually care if it happens or not.