Hardlight Controlling thoughts....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by krimzonk, Feb 28, 2014.

1. krimzonk Committed Player

Hi everyone! I know this has been mentioned before but I thought I'd bring it up again, to the DEVS attention!

The main reasons I have found for why players refuse to be HL controllers (even though it is a fabulous powerset with great combo's) are:

1. The pot move is a lunge (yes it can be clipped with Recharge but there those times when you forget to clip and its one of those 'oh gosh! KO!' moments, like in Nexus and Paradox boss fights). As a support role, in a high end raid i.e. Paradox in the midst of battle one may forget to clip Recharge and go flying in at the Sentry and wipe.

2. The defense debuff is also hopeless, it is close to mid-range (the Whip), but there are lots of times (too many to count which occur daily) when the Whip will hit the boss or enemy and the defense debuff just will not register unless the character is right next to them. Whip can also be clipped with Recharge but it can lead to the aforementioned problem as with the pot moves.

Possible Solutions:

1. Devs, why don't you make a small tweak, and make one of the pot moves, a ranged version for example; the Light Claws, could be claw constructs which the player sends in the enemies direction which gives power over time. Saves us from lunging. And for those players who want to go close range you still have Boxing Gloves.

2. Make one of the defense debuffs a ranged version. I believe the Whip is perfect for this as all the devs have to do is increase its range.

To wrap up, Hardlight is in my opinion the most enjoyable controller powerset purely due to the combo;s, its refreshing when you pull one off! At the same tie it is a shame to see lack of Hardlight controllers. PLEASE! PLEASE! Fix these issues!
    • Like x 1
  2. Sho Tyme Well-Known Player

I agree with the point about the POT. While i have gotten near perfect with the clip to save myself from death, it can get rather annoying having to.

As for the debuff issue. No matter how well i clip, i still hate that the debuff doesn't apply half the time. There is a range option in "Entrap" but i noticed it has the exact same issue of it applying. I don't like the idea of an encasement being a debuff(not just for HL), but it can be a bit safer than "Whip thrash". However, it seems as though entrap has to be the same range as WT in order to apply the debuff. even though you get damage & encasement from full range.

If anything needs to be fixed, it's the problem with applying debuffs.
  3. GregDawe New Player

4. krimzonk Committed Player

The problem with the defense debuffs not applying especially with Whip Thrash is beyond annoying...its crazy! This issue has been going on for ages and yet the devs see no need to fix it. If they fix the POT and defense debuff range, and 'actually' allow the buffs to stick on enemies this powerset would be perfect.
  5. Sho Tyme Well-Known Player

Yea it's been brought up many times in the past. I just learned to live with it after years of being a loyal HL troller. As i said, i use entrap, but if i couldnt double jump around as SS until i find a spot that i can debuff from, i have no idea what i would do.
  6. Baryon Boy New Player

The only things that need to change for Light controlling:

1- Debuffs need to be more like 25%, not 7%, in order to make people actually want them
    2- Encasement powers need to stop blocking damage, so you do full damage when attacking an enemy inside

Phantom 3- Any weird bugs or wonky implementation like the debuffs not landing when the attack hits, that sort of stuff should be fixed but that's kind of a given.

As far as the Light PoTs go, I personally don't see the problem in them being lunges since Light is pretty much an in-your-face melee set. I could see maybe one of them getting changed to a ranged one, and it would have the silver lining of letting the lunge one get split so green dudes get boxing glove and yellow dudes get claws, which fits thematically.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sho Tyme Well-Known Player

100% agree with this post. you sir, have earned yourself a green cookie ^.^

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. krimzonk Committed Player

Haha 'green cookie.' This fine person deserves more than that!