Work in Progress: Combat Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogat New Player

I think his view is biased by few things for one, also Like I've said it in his thread performing something consistently over the course of a raid instance as opposed to doing something a few times then comming to the forums ridiculing people are two different things. Really, maybe I'm wrong and he's a natural and all but I really doubt it.
  2. Baryon Boy New Player

Light isn't being changed. Jump canceling is being changed. That change will effect Light, but that's not the same as saying Light is being 'nerfed'.
    • Like x 4
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Your in denial ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Grid Ion Committed Player

Light is being nerfed. Period. Also a few posts back I remember Spytle being sarcastic about HL saying 'HL, the most out of whack power...'. Take hint from that. It's actually funny that he thinks HL is the one which is out whack when there is this Berserker from the Rage powerset. Like wth is going on here..
    • Like x 6
  5. Iloveglue Active Player

True, everyone who uses jump clip is gunna feel it! people who do snap fan jump fan. and people who spam fear gas 24/7 lol! gotta try that in a raid and see how much damage fear gas only can do.
    • Like x 1
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I'd like to continue with the feedback, and this time I'm going to focus on the normalized animations:

If we understand DPS as damage per second a formula for getting the DPS should be:
    • DPS = (Base damage)/(animation time) [units Dmg/second]
    • If we define DPSi (the DPS before normalization) and DPSf (the DPS after normalization), the DPS loss rate will be:
    %loss_rate = ((DPSi - DPSf)/DPSi)*100 in percentage
    For example, lets say Snap Trap or Gauss Grenade hits for 1k before normalizing in 0.8 s, the DPSi will be 1000/0.8 = 1250 DPS and the DPSf (considering 1s normalized) 1000/1 = 1000 DPS
    So the DPS loss rate will be %loss_rate = ((1250-1000)/1250)*100 = 20% damage loss ( this is HUGE)
    • So in my opinion, and this is important, regarding only animations times INCREASED (not sure about the decreased tho) by the normalization, the DPSf should be AT LEAST equal to the DPSi, so DPSf=DPSi, and (Base damage)/(animation time)i =(Base damage)/(animation time)f. Meaning that the damage of powers with animations which are going to be increased need to get increased as well.
    • Like x 11
  7. Grid Ion Committed Player

So basically a 250 Dps loss for a 0.2 second increment. Just by looking at the numbers, that ratio sounds terrible. thanks for posting this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Baryon Boy New Player

Why wouldn't it work both ways? I would think any animation being changed (up or down) would need its damage looked at. Otherwise you get a bunch of powers all animating at 1-1.2 seconds, some of which do about the same damage (used to be the same speed, or slower and moved up with your suggestion) and some with the same animation time but even more damage (because they still have damage based on their old animation).
  9. Iloveglue Active Player

HL getting nerfed
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

THANK YOU! OH MY GOD!

JC is not as big as the normalization of the animation times. People need to realize, that this change will affect EVERYONE not just powersets that benefit from JC. I would very much like someone to answer the questions about this and put JC aside for a bit. Please.

Quoting my previous question.
    • Like x 6
  11. Baryon Boy New Player

Yeah, I think we've covered everything possible about jump cancelling (absent any sort of hard numbers from devs) multiple times now. Time to move on to something more productive, like the animation normalization.
    • Like x 1
  12. thelostczarnian New Player

yeah actually was looking at kaisers post wm vid and .5 seems fine its just enough to see the fan
    • Like x 2
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I don't see this ending well dcuo...
    • Like x 4
  14. Ogat New Player

Not that i like it, but I'd say it has way more to do with available resources and their allocation, then laziness. Possibly with how the game is coded as well- some changes might be easier to introduce then their alternatives. Computer programmers and CGI artists aren't exactly the cheapest employes to have- so the time they can reserve for those changes is also limited, no computer software has infinite development resources.
  15. The Hornet New Player

Great job, Kaiser. Very good point.
    • Like x 2
  16. iSolar Well-Known Player

Oh trust me, on ps4 where there's literally absolutely no lag now since GU34, we'll notice a difference. I play on PC as well, but only during test servers for new powersets/updates.
  17. iSolar Well-Known Player

I have noooo idea what you just said Kaiser. It sounded very intelligent though. From what I understood is with the increase/decrease of casting time, powers should do more damage and less damage depending on the casting time difference? That's what I got out of this.
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Here is the big change for you sorcery healers. How many sorcery healers jump cancel soul well? Ok now that the poll is nearly everyone, imagine if you couldnt jump cancel soul well. How would that effect your gameplay?
  19. Baryon Boy New Player

I don't jump cancel soul well, and after these changes the animation will be in the 1-1.2 second range so you won't need to jump cancel it.
    • Like x 3
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

They never said they were changing these animations to 1-1.2 second. They said the animations with less than that are being changed to 1-1.2 second. Soul well is not changing. And i have never met a sorcery healer that doesnt jump clip soul well, especially a sorcery healer that solo heals.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.