Work in Progress: Combat Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baryon Boy New Player

I like how despite repeated mentions of this being necessary to eventually balance the game, you still come back around to some elitist claptrap about people who don't clip being less skilled. You don't seem to be able to let the whole "we are better than them" mentality go.

If someone is capable of clipping at the top level, and then chooses not to, are you still more skilled than them?

Ability (or willingness) to clip is far from the only measure of 'skill' in this (or any) game. Yet the clipping crowd keeps coming back to it.

It's honestly starting to sound like a dogwhistle to me.
    • Like x 4
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yes, they are. I have met some good players who have a distaste for clipping, and htat's fine, but not one of them is more skilled than the players I know who are able to master the craft of Jump canceling. Sorry there is no arguing it.

I'd really LOVE to see one of these people go up against a kaiser/WD and see what happens.

Sorry, just no, they aren't as skilled at the game.

What you are describing is a fallacy. This mythical highly skilled player that refuses to clip simply doesn't exist, sorry I don't believe it. I'd sooner believe Unicorns exist than that someone simply chooses to not play to their capability yet are just as skilled as players like Kaiser/WD/etc.
    • Like x 7
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

When the Developers test content before it's released, do they jump cancel?
    • Like x 1
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

I wonder if a separate conversation for each powerset is better. I think I'm done thinking about how this will affect HL. I think the game kinda punishes some powers too much just for being first or second tier abilities (35% modifiers) when power point contention/reward is less at level 30. Contrasting that with normalized animation times might illustrate that more.
    • Like x 3
  5. Baryon Boy New Player

There you go. Ability/willingness to clip is the be all, end all, and only measure of 'skill', and literally no examples exist of people capable of clipping but who choose not to.

You, sir, are incredibly biased and I don't believe (if the above is what you truely think) you are capable of looking at these changes objectively.
    • Like x 5
  6. Iloveglue Active Player

I think that DCUO should stop following the new guys who dont know how to play the game or understand simple instructions and follow the more skilled players who have been playing for years. Things shouldn't be easier and in my opinion they shouldnt change jump clipping or any other power. i think everything is good the way it is. jump clipping is messing with multiple powers (somewhat.) and causes people to leave the game. Honestly, this game cant afford to loose players because it isnt as big as Call Of Duty, or Minecraft... Yea... Minecraft Lol!
    • Like x 1
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'd rather look at it with reason and a complete understanding of hte game than whatever you're calling objectivity.

HL doesn't have to jump cancel.... I'm still chuckling about that one

If you truly think there are players just as skilled who just choose not to clip, find me a video of them doing that and beating EO or stuff like that, before the 90 gear, post nerf is fine as I'd think it'd be impossible to not clip and do enough damage pre nerf.
    • Like x 2
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ Very much so.

Why are powers like serpants call held back? It's almost a copy of VP but just not as good. Stuff like that still needs to be addressed if they are truly wanting more viable options for powersets. All the jump cancel thing does is remove the high risk/high reward option. Which will simply push people down to using the rotations I did or very slight deviations (there's usually a couple powers that are viable for the last slot or two).
  9. Baryon Boy New Player

Spytle recently touched on this:

• Like x 4
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I feel sorry for HL. Out of all the prec powers I think that one needed a nerf the least
  11. Grid Ion Committed Player

I think devs will be aiming for something b/w 0.2000 and 0.3000 sec. Personally I feel anything above 0.250 is not acceptable.
  12. Baryon Boy New Player

Did they announce a nerf to Light? Or is this more of a 'any power that jump canceled a lot is now nerfed' thing?
    • Like x 2
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

:confused: Ahh Spytle, he must be doing it at like half the speed if that. I'd be curious if he can break the .3s barrier consistently. I know I can't.

And with that these players dont just spam it, they spam it while dodging red balls from warrior and following the other handful of raid mechanics they have to deal with.

I'm sure Spytle would be welcomed if he wanted to go see a kaiser type player in action. I'd like to see if he can keep up if it's so easy.
    • Like x 4
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

both are the same thing. just two different ways of looking at it. I could care very little. Feels good to finally be the ones sitting pretty watching the "adjustment show".

-Salty fire player
    • Like x 1
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Almost all their animations are sub 1s, therefor being nerfed.

They rely heavily on jump cancels to produce the numbers we all see at the top, so again nerf.

Again, I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering if you're playing the same game I am.
  16. Ogat New Player

Oh gee Mr. 2.5 said it so it must be true.

He's not, go a few pages back when I posted the sorc vid, and his reply about the giant robot powered by souls.
    • Like x 1
  17. Iloveglue Active Player

Lol! that would be hilarious to see. *Kaiser does entire combo before spytle hits snap trap* lol!
    • Like x 5
  18. Baryon Boy New Player

No, they are not the same thing. There is a small but important difference there.

What reason would he have to lie about it / do you think he is lying?
  19. TrueOlympus New Player

no they are two different perspectives looking at the same exact thing. My perspective is more specific and focused. Yours is more broad and naive. HL IS getting nerfed. Not debatable. To say that i am wrong would be denial
    • Like x 1
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

I think the animation tighten should be adjusted some more.

0.8s-1.00s

So slower powers will see a significant improvement and faster powers will not see a great reduction
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.