An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. gmcgroarty New Player

Q: Do all Rage abilities have an inante taunt mechanism built into them? If so, could we not look at eliminating some of the positioning taunts in place of a more hybrid build?

As a comparison, in WoW on my DK, I used Death and Decay , a targeted AOE DoT skill to generate threat through damage alone, not a taunt. So instead of a force pull like ragebringer, instead you would be leaping in, and dropping Galling Eruption/Plasma Retch. That way you could do something similar to what D&D did in WoW and be outputting more damage. GE seems to have a pretty decent size radius, thats why I considered it.

The build would be:

Severe Punishment: Rage Enable
    Dreadful Blast: Crash disable and knockdown (also will take advantage of GE)
    Eviscerating Chain: Single Target Pull (also will take advantage of GE)
    Galling Eruption: PBAOE ground ability (Enables Plasma Burn)
    Ire: Heal and CC debuff
    Redirected Rage: Shield

Alternative to that could be:
    Severe Punishment: Rage Enable
    Dreadful Blast: Crash disable and knockdown (also will take advantage of GE)
    Rage Bringer: AOE pull
    Galling Eruption: PBAOE ground ability (Enables Plasma Burn)
    Ire: Heal and CC debuff
    Redirected Rage: Shield

Build one revolves around charging in cycling the GE/DB(when DB isnt needed for crash disable) and is more single target/Boss style.

Build two is more AOE friendly and would be Charge/RB/GE/DB and now everthing has been hit, dotted and knocked down.

Any thoughts on this?
  2. TDSK Committed Player

Any ability for any power in Tank Stance can aggro an enemy. Some abilities, such as Rage Blast for Rage, will aggro only one enemy. Basically, it shoots a focused beam of threat at the enemy.

The way it works is that the initial cast of a power (not damage) should aggro any enemies within a certain range. Therefore, using a DoT won't help your aggro.

For Rage, using a Power Interaction won't be much of a help, as all it does is add extra damage, which isn't your main focus as a Tank. Yes, you can use more damaging powers a more damage-oriented Tank loadout in T4 and Under, but for T5 content you will want to focus more on a loadout that can keep aggro and keep you alive.

For Galling Eruption, you can use it, but if there is another Rage DPS I wouldn't use it as it can override their DoT, making the DPS lose damage.

Also, beware Dreadful Blast. As enemies are apt to use lunging moves now, an ability such as Eviscerating Chain will be more useful, and it functions as a pull.

I'm not saying your loadout is bad by any means, it functions as a nice Rage loadout. Just giving some warnings and tips.
  3. gmcgroarty New Player

NP man I appreciate the feedback

As a new player to DCUO but not to MMO's I am always trying to come up with something a little different than what everyone else has; it's how people remember you ;)

I am stuck at work, but there is one skill that works as a knockdown, not violence and not the super charged one, but it works great for a CC on mobs to knock them down. I like coming up with different build concepts as I like to be flexible depending on the situation and this was something I wanted to work on, especially with the amount of different powers we get access to.

I had recently hit 30 on PS3; then the HD died...so I subbed on PC :) I will probably end up double subbed once I get a PS 4...I love this game
  4. Avian Dedicated Player

Has anyone tried to go might based with this (Hybrid might gear with prec&might mods)?
  5. Killuminati New Player

Does Bloodlust or Ferocity's precision buff stack with Nature's Carnage buff?
  6. TDSK Committed Player

Updated Guide with cool downs for powers. See the Purple section of the power descriptions. Rage Crash cancels all 6 seconds.

I'm still deciding what to work on next, so if you all have anything you would like put in the guide just send me a forum PM.
  7. TDSK Committed Player

It should, as they are different powers. However, Bloodlust's will not stack with each other. I can test this to confirm for sure later, but unless it changed Carnage and Bloodlust should stack.
  8. Gerbal New Player

The crit bonuses from carnage and bloodlust will stack but the 45% prec will not. You only get one of those. Fer stacks with bloodlust or carnage. Fer only last 5 seconds tho.
  9. Gerbal New Player

For the record gailing eruption does not over ride. 2 dps or tank dps both players will get d.o.t.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Galling overrides. The only way it won't override is say I use galling and combo into the precision version then you use galling ( the might version) then it won't override, but any other way it will.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gerbal New Player

Retested this and you are correct. I tested before they added cool downs and it didn't. Found it interesting in my testing on the ps the precision version could not be overwritten except by another prec version. Although I still got no yellow ticks casting second
  12. JZeRoW New Player

Just switched to Rage, and I'm liking it so far. I didn't really play melee with my last powerset, so using it with Rage is fun. I really like the Enraged Warrior loadout on the front page. Is there a way to get loadout, while still getting the DPS Iconics?
  13. TDSK Committed Player

Actually, yes. I hadn't put it in, but there is a Standard Melee (note that by Standard I mean cookie-cutter) that I and many others I have seen have been using.

Galling Eruption, Berzerk, Relentless Anger, Dreadful Blast, Plasma Retch, and Bloodlust.

Rotation - Bloodlust/Relentless Anger > Plasma Retch-Jump > Weapon RangedTap/Outrage x2/Dreadful Blast x3/Plasma Retch - Rinse and repeat until Bloodlust and Relentless Anger are back up

Make sure to just go straight down and punishment, and only grab Berzerk as the other power that isn't down the middle. In Punishment, after you get to the Tier 2 powers, take the left and right, and follow their path down to the bottom. That's how I specced, and it should leave you with 3 points left.
  14. Killuminati New Player

Getting both iconics isn't game breaking, having the 10% crit damage is all that really matters. The top Rage dps in my league only has the one iconic and I've never seen him be out dps' ed by anyone, not even close... My point is You can still be chart topper, show stopper, type deeps with the single 10% crit iconic.
  15. Massah Committed Player

For both DPS Iconics -

Outrage, Dreadful Blast, Berserk, Plasma Retch, Frenzy, Bloodlust

Straight Down in Punishment 5-PP
    In Anger tree you spec like HL Assault tree and go down both sides to the bottom so 7-PP leaving 3-PP. You can grab both DPS Iconics and if you don't like frenzy - replace with Neo-Venom and Just clip/with Bloodlust.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ive done some experimenting and without the crit chance i see lot less crits with DB. DB's you bread and butter so i wouldn't want to do anything to affect negatively, sure its still gonna be good but those crits are the dif between a 1-2k hit and a 4 or 5k hit.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Berserk with no Outrage?? thats a sin lol
  18. TDSK Committed Player

Whelp, thanks for catching that, lol. Wrote that right after I woke up, should have re-read the post before submitting it.
  19. Redmash New Player

I use 3 armories for dps, a standard melee, a boss killer, and A&B has its own armory atm. For single targets like boss fights, using berserk, and possibly Infuriate stacked with it, any recommendations.
  20. TDSK Committed Player

I wouldn't use 2 supercharges. Later on having 5 slots will be more useful.