The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skylez New Player

lol yaaa
  2. Dianna WD New Player

I will say the numbers I know with my old stats:
    1200 Prec / 192.1 Rifle dps = 3121 Total Precision
    3300 Might + 261 by Neck = 3561 Total Might
    Precision: 3121
    Might: 3561

Photon Blast max ticks above 35%: 400+400+400+1350+400+1350 = 1600+2700 = 4300 Max Damage
    Napalm Grenade: 1800 burst plus 11 dots of 140 = 3340
    Cryo Foam: 1000 burst plus 8 dots of 450 max dmg = 4600 / DoT Duration: 8 seconds
    Stasis Field: 1400 burst plus 7 dots of 450 max dmg = 4550 / DoT Duration: 7 seconds
    Fear Gas: 1000 burst plus 7 dots of 230 max dmg = 2610 / DoT Duration: 3.5 seconds
    Intimidation: 7-8(rarely 9 procs) of 1000 max dmg = 7000-8000 damage / Delay: 15-16 seconds

The rotation I used on video is: / Rotation Time: 8 seconds x2
    Napalm+FearGas > StasisField > FearGas + PhotonBlast
    Napalm+FearGas > CryoFoam > FearGas + PhotonBlast
    This rotation repeat 2 times per Intimidation!

Respective Burst damages:
    Nap:1800+FG:1000 > Stasis:1400 > FG:1000+Photon:4300 = 9500
    Nap:1800+FG:1000 > Foam:1400 > FG:1000+Photon:4300 = 9100
    Respective DoT damages:
    PS: I will use 4 DoTs for FearGas because I'm overwritting the FG using it every 2 seconds.
    The rotation has 16 seconds or +/- 14 burning dots of 140 = 1960. So, I will not write the Napalm DoTs here.

FG: 910 > Stasis: 3150 > FG:910 = 4970
    FG: 910 > Foam: 3600 > FG:910 = 5420

Total Damage: 9500 + 9100 + 4970 + 5420= 28990Total Might Damage
    The rotation repeat 2 times per intimidation: 28990x2 = 57980+ 7000(Intimidation) + 1960(Burning DoTs) = 66940 Total Might Damage
    With the enemy health under 35%, the Photon Blast does 2x more damage. I'm using 4 Photon Blasts of 4300 per rotation. This means: +4300x4 = 17200 Extra Damage when under 35%
    So... 66940 + 17200 = 84100 Total Might Damage when under 35% health.
    Total of Rifle Shots = One per power = 10 Rifle shots x2 rotations = 20 Rifles shots of 1250 = 25000 Total Precision Damage

Rotation Total Max Damage: 66940 + 25000 = 91940 / 16 seconds = 5746 Max DPS!
    Rotation Total Max Damage when the enemy health is under 35%: 84100 + 25000 = 109100 / 16 seconds = 6818 Max DPS!

In my video, I was using 4042 Might and 3306 Precision.
    In this maths above, I was using 3561 Might and 3121 Precision.
    3561 + 13,5% = 4041 Might
    3121 + 5,9% = 3305 Precision
    This means...
    You need to add +13,5% might damage and +5,9% prec damage to know how this will works for 4042 Might and 3305 Precision

Might Damage: 66940+13,5% = 75976 Total Might Damage with 4042 Might
    Precision Damage: 25000+5,9% = 26475 Total Precision Damage with 3305 Precision
    Total Damage: 75976+26475 = 102451 Total Damage per rotation / 16 seconds = 6403 Total Max Damage Per Second.

Under 35% health:
    Might Damage: 84100+13,5% = 95413 Total Might Damage with 4042 Might and enemy health under 35%
    Precision Damage: 25000+5,9% = 26475 Total Precision Damage with 3305 Precision
    Total Damage: 95413+26475 = 121928 Total Damage per rotation / 16 seconds = 7620 Total Max Damage Per Second.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gerbal New Player

Thats a lot of work thank you.
  4. pelusteve28 New Player

hey I just hit 30 on my troll....my setup is SB-GG-CF-defib-supressor turret..i am still trying to get used to the powers and im still new to the game, can anyone help me out and tell me if this is a viable build for multiple playstyles?like battery and cc? I am a bow user. Oh and any tips on getting a bit more damage because I just bought some of my t1 armor for controller and my precision takes a hit lol any advice would be great! Thx :)
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Yeah, it's viable. I would suggest throwing fear gas on there so you can go arrow storm or flurry > GG > arrow storm > Feargas on the adds or if you're not flight arrow storm or flurry > fear gas > jump > arrow storm > GG. Intimidation helps a bit. Another good PI to do for single target is sticky bomb > GG > fear gas.

Really battery is simple and we also have battle drone which is awesome again. If you have a grasp on double ticking then just do flurries and clip it with defib.

You're not going to get much might or precision from controller gear so you need to get SP and mod your gear.
    • Like x 1
  6. pelusteve28 New Player

Im
    Im an acrobat lol but thxs for the advice I really appreciate it :) oh , how you get more skill points? Sorry for the stupid question :/
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm just adding to what you already got.

The Battery part of the role is basically just PoT (sticky bomb), Instant Power Heal (Defib), and a power return supercharge (Battle Drone or Word of Power). In a group or situation where you need to return a large amount of power quickly, Word of Power is better than Battle Drone.

WoP is found in the Iconics tree. It's an instant power supercharge. It has a 3 second animation time but you can clip it with Defib to remove you from animation and still register the blue heals. You could also use a Vit trinket to cut the animation and still register the boost from your trinket.

Battle Drone is really good when there isn't a high amount of power being used right away. It's a power over time type supercharge. you'll get 29 seconds of small ticks that compliment your normal PoT from Sticky Bomb and insta's from Defib. On the 30th second, or if you die, you get 1 instant burst blue heal. It isn't as powerful as the total amount you get from a Insta power supercharge but it's still good. Later on when you get enough practice I can tell you about a double mini super combo I do with Double Ticking and the Insta power heal from Battle Drone within the last 5 seconds of Drone.

If you use the Drone there are some things to take note of to really pump out alot of power. They have to do with your vit trinkets. You could pop a vit trinket at the beginning to boost the ticks for 20 seconds, or you can pop your vit trinket towards the end (right on the halfway mark or a little after on the cooldown) to increase the instant blue heal you'll give at the end. This will work well to recover and supply power to your team. You'll figure out when to use it when you run more instances and realize where you find a group uses alot of power. It's usually parts where the team has to do an objective or fight a herd of mob around a corner with weak gear. Part of being a good "Battery" is knowing when your team will need to have their power restored through a supercharge because of high stress situation.

As for CCing, every offensive power, including your PoT, debuffs, and weapon combos will control NPCs naturally once you have the correct amount of Dom and if the NPC is not immune. Sticky Bomb can stun, juggle and knock down 3 NPCs, Gauss can stun 2. Foam can root 5 targets and knock back 5 if they are burning or electrified. (to be honest I never really liked Foam's root because it doesn't disable NPCs from hitting me. It only freezes their movement. Something like Vortex Cannon roots but also stuns and therefore disables the NPC entirely.)

The great thing about Gadgets powers is that nearly every power serves you in different situations. With armories now I find myself switching my controller loadouts, or just replace powers in my existing loadout. Holographic Decoy is great at stunning 8 targets and tanks NPCs, even bosses, in melee range for you if you have no tank. Napalm is good for setting a burning PI for other Gadget DPS to take advantage of PI explosive damage (the burning DoT is the weakest DoT in game for this reason so if any DPS every cries that you're taking their burning DoT, they seriously don't know where to deal effective damage. Burning can be set up and used by like 5 powersets).

Weapon combos control too. Bow's Trick shot does ok damage and it's juggle is really funny to watch. You should play around with it. Flurry Shot has a knock down effect I think. It's pretty good and controls one target. I don't remember the effect of arrow storm.

As for Damage as a controller, the gear will give you some stats. Terri already pointed out to get skill points and modding. If you go to your deeds menu then click on feats you'll see them. They'll tell you what you havent done yet. Most of the feats are collecting styles you can get from running instances (based on luck sometimes), buying them from tier gear vendors with marks and just buying them in police stations and vendors in the watchtower with cash. Other feats include completing instances without supercharges or dying. It's a long grind but if you're dedicated you'll rake them up

Modding works too. dual modding will never break your performance. Modding with Vit & Precision/Might in yellow slots is one way. But you could have the highest precision or might in game and not deal damage at all if you're just taping 1 weapon attack and spamming Defib. Defib has a 2 second cool down. If the group doesn't use alot of power you concentrate more on dealing damage. While you can certainly do damage with powers (PoT and Gauss deal damage when you throw them), I recommend concentrating on weapon combo damage so you have power to give when you need to. Although they're a little slower than what I utilize in weapons, Flurry Shot and Trick shot together deal good damage. Consumable's deal damage too and the ugly turret Wall-E is basically an auto CC and damage pilot.

Let me know if you want me to get more detail on something because I threw alot out there.
    • Like x 2
  8. Terri Ashra Committed Player

@ TheDark
    What do you mean the ugly turret Wall-E?
    Also arrow storm does knock down and extra damage with full supercharge I think.
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

The Supressor Turret. I named mine Wall-E. I'm calling it ugly just incase a Dev sees this. Maybe next time they look at pets or gadgets they'll make it look prettier. It's got bloody machine guns on it and it doesn't even use machine gun-like attacks. It also has no head. I want to see a head. I don't want to see a flying a chest.
    • Like x 3
  10. Terri Ashra Committed Player

11. NexGenX New Player

And is there a cork on its head? I've never used that thing even when I was leveling way back when :p
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Oh THAT guy. All you have to do is place a dot that last longer than the 2. Whatever seconds on the person using stealth with the mod. That mod doesn't cleanse attacks. Place a large AoE DoT like wintry tempest or circle of destiny, any similar to those, that covers a large area to bring the person out of stealth. Having a pet will target the guy in stealth too. A lair battle ready person who uses his/her brain would've just gotten the robot side kick from the iconics tree if their powerset doesn't have pets.

It's just yet another post from some forum troll who doesn't understand how things work and just thinks inside the box.
    • Like x 3
  13. pelusteve28 New Player

So much stuff to remember lol.....even though im lvl 30 I feel like im a lvl 1 again lol
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

Yup. Take it one step at a time. Isolate things first.
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Dark, if you got a dot on you, you actually can't go into stealth. It removes you out of it instantly.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Even with the Stealth mod?
  17. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Yup. You have to make sure you are clear from dots. It was part of the mechanism when Stealth could be bug. So it was a counter measure to prevent the user from remaining in stealth form.
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I know. I meant having a DoT while you switched to stealth. You're supposed to prevent all damage for 2.5 seconds. That means you can switch to Stealth even if you have a DoT on you that second you make the switch. But if the DoT last longer than the 2.5 seconds, if the DoT has like 9 ticks of damage for 9 seconds, then you'll be brought out of Stealth simple because the Stealth mod doesn't cleanse DoTs or last a long duration. You're supposed to be able to switch to Stealth but you can't stay in Stealth form with a DoT still active is all.

Of course a counter to staying in Stealth a little longer in hopes it's just enough time to run away and hide is to cast Distract the Stealth. You'd just have to hope that Distract can eat the 5 seconds of DoTs while you escape. That's how I get away from villains in open world PvP.
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

That ugly cork is just another machine gun.
    • Like x 1
  20. NexGenX New Player

WHAAT?!! All this time...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.